Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:33 AM   #1
Neeekd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Neeekd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
GS300 Superstreet? SCAM POS! SHARE

I'm not really sure what good this can do other than raise awareness,

Famous GS300 Purple fuckboi scammed me on his engine!

246777_1225672020796144_8892432319997444026_n by Nico Davila, on Flickr
12871442_1225672100796136_8835578537601215946_n by Nico Davila, on Flickr

Here's the post/ story:

**Got screwed over** Looking for any help** Share around**

Anybody good friends with Adam Mao, willing to help me out?

He fucked me over on his engine and has denied to compensate for the parts?
Long story short, I paid 9k$ for the entire setup (engine, tranny, harness, ecu, injectors, etc.)..

I got word last week from a technician at FFtec that they did a leak down test on the motor before I bought it and the motor was shit... So i asked adam, he told me what happened. Regardless, I didn't listen to the nay say, I did a leak down test myself. 5 times with two different testers, all getting the same results:

3 cylinders are bad. 1, 3, 4.

They're leaking over 20%. I contacted him and we argued for hours via text not coming to a resolution. Since then, he's blocked me and denied to pay for the bottom end or give me money back so I can rebuild the bottom, excluding shop labor. YES, I WAS GOING TO DO IT MYSELF.

He posted selling with Eagle Rods. He lied and admitted they are GTE rods. He went and re-edited his post today @ 5:29pm and deleted the rods. I have pictures of everything, and took a screenshot of the post at 2:29pm before he removed it. He lied about who built it or that he did/ instead of buying it.

I'm just trying to get my money back and be whole again and not screwed over. Any help I'd appreciate it guys.
Facebook DM me or text me 925-628-7956 if you have info for me

Neeekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2016, 03:24 AM   #2
Maximum
BANNED

Maximum is an unknown quantity at this point
so you knew the motor was bad but you still bought it? this sounds like your problem and not his.
Maximum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:04 AM   #3
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like he's schemin' and knew the numbers were low.

Id be pissed too, 9G isn't chump change.

at the same time, used motor, no receipts?, shady hear say. "My tuner said..."
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:31 AM   #4
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
fuck that guy. take him to court. you have screen shots of everything right? all you need. he should refund you. if not, fuck him up, take his money and keep motor. or get a lawyer
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:53 AM   #5
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Jeeze. Car world is getting worse and worse. So many fly by night botti riders.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:15 AM   #6
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by benarovi View Post
fuck that guy. take him to court. you have screen shots of everything right? all you need. he should refund you. if not, fuck him up, take his money and keep motor. or get a lawyer
Could you imagine the headache that this would bring? Probably what the OP is exactly trying to avoid.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #7
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeekd View Post

Here's the post/ story:

He fucked me over on his engine and has denied to compensate for the parts?
Long story short, I paid 9k$ for the entire setup (engine, tranny, harness, ecu, injectors, etc.)..

I got word last week from a technician at FFtec that they did a leak down test on the motor before I bought it and the motor was shit... So i asked adam, he told me what happened. Regardless, I didn't listen to the nay say, I did a leak down test myself. 5 times with two different testers, all getting the same results:

3 cylinders are bad. 1, 3, 4.

They're leaking over 20%. I contacted him and we argued for hours via text not coming to a resolution.
From everything you have said, you need to clarify some stuff.
1. When exactly did you find out that the engine was bad, before or after you bought it? Because from how you state it, it sounds as if you knew it was bad, didn't listen to the 'nay say', bought it and then decided to do a leak down check yourself.

2. IF you didn't NOT know that it was bad and you tried to settle this in a civil manner, I think that it's time to take legal actions. If you could spare 9K on a set up, you could spare some to sue to get your money back AND lawyer fees.

3. IF you knew it was bad and still bought it, I think that you're shyt out of luck.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:42 AM   #8
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
I read that particular statement as; he got word from some shop that had tested the motor prior to sale and found it was bad. He did not say whether HE had the shop test it or if they were providing info as an outside party to help keep people from getting shafted...

The fact it does not have the correct, as-listed, internals is also an issue here. Whether or not the motor was known bad, it should have come as advertised, at the very least including the components listed.

I assume you paid in cash?
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:20 AM   #9
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
What a piece of shit.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:33 AM   #10
Neeekd
Zilvia Member

Oh sorry guys for the mixup. I was typing fast and not being clear. I bought the motor February 3-8th and got everything back to my house. Last week I was at work and a tech from FFtec let me know that motor is shit and they tested it at their shop. So I bought a tester to see for myself after confronting adam. Found out it was bad and now I'm stuck here.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #11
Neeekd
Zilvia Member

I paid 1k in paypal and 8k in cash
Old 03-18-2016, 12:58 PM   #12
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Ouch. I know hindsight has 20/20 vision, but next time use paypal for the entire payment. That way you're protected and this will not be an issue.

Again, if he is not refunding you or at the very least, working with you to help rebuild it, it's court time.

Good luck man. Times are too hard to be ripping people off like that, no matter the amount.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #13
Kylepaschke
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (13)
Kylepaschke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
This seller lied to my friend about a set of harnesses too
Kylepaschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:39 PM   #14
Slide_ways14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Slide_ways14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slide_ways14 Send a message via MSN to Slide_ways14 Send a message via Yahoo to Slide_ways14
Buyer did not read carefully on what the motor set will come with, It was a mistake when i had listed eagle rods on the motor when i was selling the vehicle as a whole due to motor being built a while back, but when the buyer requested me to provide him a complete list of the parts that will be included in the motor set at the price we had agreed on i did not list the eagle rods. It is the buyers own fault he did not read what i had provided him and assuming that it came with eagle rods basing off of what i had on the forums. Buyer saw my Posting on my IG page where i had listed my complete motor set for sale even including a full parts list, no where on the post that i had up mentioned of the eagle rods. I even sent detailed pictures of the engine build showing the parts that were installed, took him for a test drive while the engine was running in the vehicle. Showed him compression test numbers before I had accepted deposit. Engine start and ran fine, Buyer had agreed on purchasing the motor and left a deposit. I removed the engine set and buyer picked up the motor from me therefore an exchange was made on a private sale. Turns out a 3 of the cylinder had minor leakage through the rings into the crankcase. I had offered the buyer to take the engine back and rebuild the necessary parts that is worn out and have it back to him at 100% no problems, replacing engine head gasket, new rod bearings, new piston rings, honing the cylinder walls, Confirming it at 0% leak down and solid good compression at all cylinders. At no cost to him, Buyer denied the offer I made him. Therefore asking on a complete rebuild of the bottom end with brand new replacement parts especially replacing parts that does not need to be replaced and does not affect the engine performance. I will not pay for new parts to be put into engine when the engine is used and was sold "as is"

Last edited by Slide_ways14; 03-18-2016 at 03:40 PM..
Slide_ways14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:13 PM   #15
cbeuglas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
cbeuglas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This is why when you purchase engines to do your own tests before an exchange. As for the rods it sounds like you got screwed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
cbeuglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:13 AM   #16
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like based on the text, you'd be out 1 grand to just be done with it. Now you gotta decide how much your time and effort is really worth. With all the money and time you MAY spend, it doesn't sound like it's going to come out to a grand. Good luck though. Guess that's the price of building 1500 used hp.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:01 AM   #17
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Well there is the other side of the story.

Why would the buyer NOT want to have the engine rebuilt at no cost to him?
Old 03-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #18
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Want state are you and he in?

If it's California, file small claims. Neither party can have a lawyer and a judge decides. If he doesn't show up, you automatically win. Only downside is the max you can get is $7,500.

Get a rebuild cost, get an Eagle Rod cost, Sue him for that amount. Honestly, $2k should easily get that engine rebuilt with some Manly rods. Eagles suck. Most shops charge $650-800 for assembly labor.

Last edited by Corbic; 03-19-2016 at 02:16 PM..
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:18 AM   #19
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide_ways14 View Post
Buyer did not read carefully on what the motor set will come with, It was a mistake when i had listed eagle rods on the motor when i was selling the vehicle as a whole due to motor being built a while back, but when the buyer requested me to provide him a complete list of the parts that will be included in the motor set at the price we had agreed on i did not list the eagle rods. It is the buyers own fault he did not read what i had provided him and assuming that it came with eagle rods basing off of what i had on the forums. Buyer saw my Posting on my IG page where i had listed my complete motor set for sale even including a full parts list, no where on the post that i had up mentioned of the eagle rods. I even sent detailed pictures of the engine build showing the parts that were installed, took him for a test drive while the engine was running in the vehicle. Showed him compression test numbers before I had accepted deposit. Engine start and ran fine, Buyer had agreed on purchasing the motor and left a deposit. I removed the engine set and buyer picked up the motor from me therefore an exchange was made on a private sale. Turns out a 3 of the cylinder had minor leakage through the rings into the crankcase. I had offered the buyer to take the engine back and rebuild the necessary parts that is worn out and have it back to him at 100% no problems, replacing engine head gasket, new rod bearings, new piston rings, honing the cylinder walls, Confirming it at 0% leak down and solid good compression at all cylinders. At no cost to him, Buyer denied the offer I made him. Therefore asking on a complete rebuild of the bottom end with brand new replacement parts especially replacing parts that does not need to be replaced and does not affect the engine performance. I will not pay for new parts to be put into engine when the engine is used and was sold "as is"
On such an expensive build, why the fuck did you cheap out and use OEM rods?
I'd even question the decision to use Eagles.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #20
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
Full of fail in here.

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #21
Magnezee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (28)
Magnezee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Want state are you and he in?

If it's California, file small claims. Neither party can have a lawyer and a judge decides. If he doesn't show up, you automatically win. Only downside is the max you can get is $7,500.
Corbic, it's actually $10,000. I did my homework when I almost had to go this route myself.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1062.htm
Magnezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:29 PM   #22
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide_ways14 View Post

Why were you selling the engine in the first place? Just for curiosisties sake..

BTW: Minor leaking is 5%, maybe 10%....not 20%+

With that said if you were willing to fix it back to real 'operating' condition, I'm not sure why the new owner would have denied it? Unless of course it was hiney-holed back to 'working for now' condition.

This is why buying used motors/engines is so tough. As an owner/builder you may not know if its' good or bad, but you'd also leakdown/compression test the engine before sale too...

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:57 PM   #23
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Damn that's fucked up...
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #24
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
i got screwed before too. I was given fake compression numbers before buying... couple pistons had holes in them when i got the motor.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #25
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
You do not ever buy a "built" engine, especially one that's been used since the rebuild. I mean, most of these cars are held together by zip ties, now imagine the inside of their engines.... very very few real mechanics out there.
9 thousand dollars, that sucks...
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:24 AM   #26
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
You do not ever buy a "built" engine, especially one that's been used since the rebuild.
+1 Unless your getting from the actual builder or a shop....
Old 06-13-2016, 12:30 AM   #27
Neeekd
Zilvia Member

Here are the pistons in cylinders 1, 3, 4 that he claims were "good" lmao! What a fucking weak bitch!!!! FUCK YOU ADAM!

Old 06-13-2016, 05:33 AM   #28
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Toast
That sucks.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:22 PM   #29
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Dam i don't know how people sell stuff like that, especially for thousands, hope it works out for you, good luck and thanks for letting us know about that seller
Old 06-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #30
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
oh shit bro that sucks man. See if you and him can work something out or some cash back.
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote