Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
confuzed240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
confuzed240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Carolinanissans

Tried to register but a message comes up and says they are not accepting new members...
confuzed240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
gist864
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gist864 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to gist864
yea same with me
gist864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
SStone

SStone is an unknown quantity at this point
Me too.........
SStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
NickIsAZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
I don't even bother with it. I just use Zilvia mostly..
NickIsAZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I heard you can only join by invite of another member? Just a rumor but thats what i heard.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
SStone

I guess that keeps all the search-a-phobic noobs off there... Kinda screws over the people who aren't retarded.

There's more than enough information here on Zilvia and 240sxforums to get by though.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've been a member since like 06-07. You aren't missing anything at all. Just a bunch of old guys with no style that think they know everything.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #8
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
If you know a current memeber you can be invited. We did open registration a while back and got a ton of spam and non-searching noobs.

We're a pretty tight knit group, most of us know each other outside of the forum and we like it that way. I'll reference this thread to the owner of CN, no promises tho.

For the most part we're not into the big west coast trends, (hella toilet flush, etc), but there are some jdm fanboi's on there none the less.

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 12-14-2010 at 05:00 PM..
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #9
Sean1978
Zilvia Member

Sean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sean1978
Quote:
I've been a member since like 06-07. You aren't missing anything at all. Just a bunch of old guys with no style that think they know everything.
As opposed to a bunch of young guys with lots of style that actually know everything.

We closed registration a while back for a few reasons including security and most of the new joins we were getting were high-school kids and internet drifters. I'm 32 and own the forum and would rather just not deal with it. Anyone who knows me personally knows I'm a pretty laid back dude (including Csomme)

We have great Nissan specific local classifieds, but we don't really want people who only come onto the forums to sell shit. Not only does that not contribute to the forum in general, it also is an invitation to internet scammers (we have had our share of)

If you guys want in I'll open up registration on Saturday, just make sure you register on Saturday.

Quote:
There's more than enough information here on Zilvia and 240sxforums to get by though.
I agree. We do not attempt to compete with the big national forums as an information source, we are more like a group of locals. The main focus of our forum is interaction with local Nissan enthusiasts.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #10
SStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1978 View Post
I agree. We do not attempt to compete with the big national forums as an information source, we are more like a group of locals. The main focus of our forum is interaction with local Nissan enthusiasts.
I'm in it for the local community type of thing. It's cool to watch builds/etc. in our area.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #11
Sean1978
Zilvia Member

Sean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sean1978
Well, the weekend after I joined CN I was at someones house helping with a SR swap (I had no idea and just did easy stuff) with a few other locals and drinking beer. Can't say the same for the National forums.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #12
SStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1978 View Post
Well, the weekend after I joined CN I was at someones house helping with a SR swap (I had no idea and just did easy stuff) with a few other locals and drinking beer. Can't say the same for the National forums.
I just swapped an S14 KA into my S13 a few weeks ago (not a big deal, but my first swap) and its now on the road. I found all info I needed by searching. I have zero need to go on a forum and ask stupid questions.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #13
TrustS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
TrustS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
I use it for buying and selling, but generally agree with this statement.
TrustS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
daverussell
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
daverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the roughdaverussell is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to daverussell
We do have local meets for Raleigh, Charlotte and Greensboro. If you look in the meet section (labeled GTFO Events and Meets) you will see that there are numerous opportunities to come out and meet us. Everyone has already hit the nail on the head with what kind of group we are. I am on CN for the community. I like the national forums for the information and tech as well as the classifieds (which is why my post count is so low here). By all means, come on out, meet us and hang out.

Quote:
Chad, not all of us can build such an amazing drift car. We all don't have the skills it takes to bolt parts on our cars the way you do man!
Old 12-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #15
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStone View Post
I just swapped an S14 KA into my S13 a few weeks ago (not a big deal, but my first swap) and its now on the road. I found all info I needed by searching. I have zero need to go on a forum and ask stupid questions.
Wants a cookie?

Some people need help, others don't, sometimes it's just nice to do things with friends.

If it hadn't been for CN, several years ago, I probably wouldn't have a lot of the great friends and memories involving my car like I do now. I like Zilvia and CN but for different reasons. If you don't like CN we don't care, if you do that's great. It's not for everyone, but then again we don't pretend that it is.
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #16
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
WTF your not blue??? GET THAT FIXED CHAD! lol. I had no idea you were a member on there otherwise I would have talked to you into getting in to this secret society.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #17
stunnaben
Zilvia Addict

stunnaben is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a member of CN and I like it personally. It's nice to see what locals are doing and what they're selling. Beats finding everything u need but it's on the West Coast and they won't ship.
stunnaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #18
HIF|13

HIF|13 is an unknown quantity at this point
CN.com is a great forum. some of the members there are like family to me.
HIF|13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #19
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF|13 View Post
CN.com is a great forum. some of the members there are like family to me.
I agree! The big meats (teehee) really bring it all together. VIR is probably the one thing I look forward to every year for the simple fact there are usually 30+ of us spending a weekend together and camping. It's about the closest to a vacation that I can usaully get.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #20
whitefedorafilms
Zilvia Member

whitefedorafilms is an unknown quantity at this point
i have heard some good things about the forum. its a good way to get meets going so i support it. so long as you can get in.
whitefedorafilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #21
nissandrift
Leaky Injector

nissandrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to nissandrift
I've been a member of CN since 03', and I've enjoyed the tight knit community. I've been less involved lately, but its a great way to meet local enthusiast. My only suggestion is that once your given the opportunity to join don't act like a jackass, and be prepared for word filters.
nissandrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #22
jarober
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
jarober has a spectacular aura aboutjarober has a spectacular aura aboutjarober has a spectacular aura aboutjarober has a spectacular aura aboutjarober has a spectacular aura aboutjarober has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Joined back in 2006 when I met a fellow member. Great group of guys. I used to go to the meets a lot during my undergrad time in Raleigh and got to know a lot of people well. I moved away for a few years and just moved back. Went to a meet and it was like I was never gone. Everyone was still very nice and more than willing to lend a hand to someone in need.
jarober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:30 AM   #23
2Fass240us

2Fass240us is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverussell View Post
Chad, not all of us can build such an amazing drift car. We all don't have the skills it takes to bolt parts on our cars the way you do man!
Then sell it b/c we can't get it to runrite.
2Fass240us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:35 AM   #24
mattack69
Zilvia Junkie

mattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to mattack69 Send a message via MSN to mattack69 Send a message via Yahoo to mattack69
Came to leave some CNEA rep, later..
Old 12-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #25
biggie
Zilvia Junkie

biggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to biggie
Yep we suck.

Gotta go drink prune juice now.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #26
SStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sncs14 View Post
Wants a cookie?
Haahaha!! I guess I was just trying to imply that I'm probably not the type of person ya'll are trying to keep off CN.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #27
Zilvia Member

3411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie View Post
Gotta go drink prune juice now.
awww u got prune juice, i wants

there are a few local things in every city if you just meet up with some of the guys and show that your not a total tard and can take a joke then you shouldnt have any issues getting approved for membership

matter of fact thinking of doing somthing here in greensboro b4 the snow hits last mini meet of the year kinda thing pm me if your intrested

(side note there are a few of us trying to get meets here in gso started mine are kinda late since we all have jobs that keep us out late) so if your an early bird kinda person pm 100octain
3411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #28
murderrsirenss
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
murderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to murderrsirenss Send a message via AIM to murderrsirenss Send a message via Yahoo to murderrsirenss
Quote:

couldnt have said it better, even know we just traded cars from there. haha.

Me and some friends just started a forum if you guys would like to join, were all laid back, but its hella dead. add some life.

Crushin Dreams
murderrsirenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #29
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Both Barry and Phlip (who are members of the site) can attest, CN is worthwhile being a member of. Many of the founding members were and still are some of the founding members of the 240sx popularity movement. Or know those who were (Russ, Mike M. etc), hell there is even a few members who bought their 240 the year it was made. How many people here can claim that they are the original owner of their 240?

Anyway, CN is and will always be a smaller, tight knit community. Of Nissan (and performance orientated car) enthusiasts, and we are fine staying that way.

I think I can rest my point by saying this; most members here that have sold their 240/Z/Nissan, don't post here (i.e. Dook, Nemo etc). I DD an Evo, there is a plethora of S2k, cressida, BMW, subie owners on our site that don't even own a Nissan. Yet they are regular contributing members. I think that speaks volumes.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #30
gist864
Zilvia Member

gist864 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gist864
ok its saturday and its still locked
gist864 is offline   Reply With Quote