Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #1
warauto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
warauto is on the path to ruinwarauto is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Florida Police Officers Don't like 240's

Just to let you guys know florida is getting way out of hand with the cops and exhaust laws. I was driving about 40mph....cruising in a 45 mph zone, watching people in their corollas speed past me, checked my rear view and their was a cop about 10 cars behind me.

The other cars kept passing him while he slowed to my speed, and......wooopwoop their you go i get pulled over. He was like " Do you know you have an illegal exhaust"
i said to him, my exhaust is under the legal decibel limit, the other legal aspects I'm not sure of. He was like nope its illegal and very load and abnoxious. "I am going to have to write you a ticket you seem to not have learnt over the last 3 tickets".

Just then 2 other cars flew past us, it was almost like they were going to hit him while he standed at my door, posing like a prostitute. So i said to him wasn't that illegal a while ago....he asked " what was" i said Florida has a move over law right? They had the next lane over free, yet they still stayed in the closest lane to you and almost hit you....and they were going way over 50mph. Instead of facing the facts he chuckled and said he would be right back, crossing the front of my car to get to the other side, so he would be clear of the oncoming traffic.

He came back after 30 minutes, he held the ticket asked me to sign and he started to explain my options. I looked at the ticket and asked him in a low sad voice, how much would it be. He said " $140". So i asked him if non-moving violations doubled in the last 2 years, and offcourse he said "YUP".

After he made me sign as usual he said " have a nice day, and drive safely." That just pissed me right the hell of, so i asked him if he could ask him a question. He said offcourse, so i asked, " How does my loud exhaust affect safe driving" he couldn't answer. I asked again isn't driving fast and putting an officer in harms way alot more detrimental than a loud exhaust? Then he said its the end of the month man just making my qouta......

Thank you come again
warauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 AM   #2
imverus
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
imverus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
cool story bro.
imverus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
warauto
Zilvia Addict

lol at the cool story thing, its much nicer to read than to pay for.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:16 AM   #4
nu_born
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
nu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
wow...srsly? "just making my quota"? What a piece of shit...that's fucking whack...I've been there before-getting pulled just because they've hit you before is just lame...
nu_born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:32 AM   #5
warauto
Zilvia Addict

Yes man it is really a shame, loud pipes saves lives....thats what i think...their is alot of older people down here and they are, due to nature and age some impaired and i can't tell you how much times my loud exhaust got me out of an accident.

Just because the hard of hearing old folks hear the axhaust and wake up.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Loud pipes are annoying and you can use your horn to get you out of an accident.

Obey the law.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #7
warauto
Zilvia Addict

Nope nope, not with these old people horns don't matter
Old 11-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #8
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
murda did you ever think they are just picking on him? i've been pulled over before for exhaust and my car has a full cat back with a resignator and muffler.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #9
warauto
Zilvia Addict

i don't think they are picking on me....but i am the easiest way to keep their productivity up.

This post is not to bash police officers or anything but to voice my disgust about the legality of issuing tickets...speed kills no doubt about that, running a red light kills also and light that is not working can cause and accident but an exhaust.....other than it being loud what is the problem down here. We don't have emmission or smog laws so people in cali and newyork can't bring that up...so whats the matter cops?

I know when I am wrong and i wouldn't post anything if i got a speeding ticket....

An exhaust is like a shorts worn on a hot day, its not like Im taking of my shorts and exposing myself. Its just that the shorts shows my hairy legs
Old 11-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #10
chomponthissmut

chomponthissmut is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah FL cops are lame and imo quite lazy (at least in Tallahassee), but there are a few intelligent and understanding ones around the daytona/ormond area
chomponthissmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #11
warauto
Zilvia Addict

I useto have a gst with a greddy exhaust and i useto be the king of stupid shit....yet when i got pulled over i useto get a warning....i considered myself lucky back then.

s14+exhaust = 15 tickets 4 of which is exhaust
Old 11-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #12
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
i go by cops all the time, havent had any issues with my Apexi GT Spec exhaust, test pipe, 3" downpipe......yet. whats your car look like? lol. i notice cops pulling over cars that look like clunkers or stock v.s a show car. my car looks like a show car....but its not.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #13
warauto
Zilvia Addict

I wouldn't say it a clunker...more like a sleeper...lol. It doesn't look like a show car it just looks like a daily, no tucking or nice rims going on over here....stock everything exept motor.

The only things that are visible that my car has something done to it, is

1. The intercooler
2. The full apexi exhaust 3'' with N1 tip
Old 11-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #14
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
That sucks.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:49 PM   #15
X2daC
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
X2daC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to X2daC
FHP?

Where in Florida do you live?
Old 11-25-2009, 11:56 PM   #16
Genovese.Jr
BANNED

Genovese.Jr is an unknown quantity at this point
tampa they relly dontcare they dont like hondas
Genovese.Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #17
warauto
Zilvia Addict

Well one was FHP.....south florida..

The Florida Highway Patrol was a whole other story, that one was even more messed up. He was going to north on the turnpike so was I, and he was going 45mph on a 65mph highway. I saw him and so did my sister, as usual i was on my guard so i slowed to about 50 mph trying not to pass him, he seemed to slow even more. In order not to make a scene i just continued about 55mph. This was a 4 lane highway and i was in the extreme left passing lane....while he was in the extreme right lane almost to an exit. As I coasted pat him he came over 3 lanes and pulled me over for my exhaust.....

My car isn't crispy or anything its boosted so it is borderline silent.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #18
piranhamatt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
piranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideWell View Post
i go by cops all the time, havent had any issues with my Apexi GT Spec exhaust, test pipe, 3" downpipe......yet. whats your car look like? lol. i notice cops pulling over cars that look like clunkers or stock v.s a show car. my car looks like a show car....but its not.

That exhaust isn't exactly loud. I have one and it's quieter than a lot of others I have heard. The N1 the OP has is much louder.
piranhamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #19
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Here in Tennessee we dont have a Db limit. Now that isnt a good thing because that gives us nothing to argue. It is up to officers descrison by law. One of my friends got a ticket in a fully stock (stock exhaust) srt-4. Now sure you can hear their exhaust as it basically is strait out aside from their turbo, cat, and resonator. I do believe he got off the hook in court because he was able to explain that it came from the factory this loud and is 50 states legal ect.

I got a ticket in one of my old s13s for exhaust. The exhaust was 50 states legal meaning each of the 50 states agreed that it does not make too much noise, however this cop though differently about it. I had a friend that has a muffler shop write me a receipt for a muffler installed on the car. Then went to court and the cop listened to the car running and said it sounded much better, we went into the court house and the cop said it was fixed and I then said nothing was changed and here is the 50 states legal documentation on the current muffler I have always had on the car. Cop looked like a dumbass.

Now I need to knock on some wood, but my really loud drift car, obnoxious looking and all (for the town I live in) I have never been pulled over for any reason and I dont know how that is.
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #20
palmdale_mob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
palmdale_mob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
palmdale_mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:56 AM   #21
X2daC
Leaky Injector

X2daC is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to X2daC
Just to give everyone the heads up in the state of Florida.

The reason why FHP are such pricks is because they are the LOWEST paid officer in the state. They're usually rejects of the local jurisdiction.

As said above Tampa PD, and St Pete PD, even the country sheriffs are cool. Most, if not all, run ins with the locals have been let off with warnings. That's if we were in a remote lot doing our thing. Not trying to hurt the public, just ourselves, lol.

But the opposite side of that road, we know if they catch us in the wrong, we'll get the book thrown at us. We accept that, I even call it "Paying the taxes".

OP, in my best effort, you should definitely go talk to a traffic attorney.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #22
ballinnmiami240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
N1's are dook!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #23
Gah....It's Too LOUD!!!

Gah....It's Too LOUD!!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
Here in Tennessee we dont have a Db limit. Now that isnt a good thing because that gives us nothing to argue. It is up to officers descrison by law. One of my friends got a ticket in a fully stock (stock exhaust) srt-4. Now sure you can hear their exhaust as it basically is strait out aside from their turbo, cat, and resonator. I do believe he got off the hook in court because he was able to explain that it came from the factory this loud and is 50 states legal ect.

I got a ticket in one of my old s13s for exhaust. The exhaust was 50 states legal meaning each of the 50 states agreed that it does not make too much noise, however this cop though differently about it. I had a friend that has a muffler shop write me a receipt for a muffler installed on the car. Then went to court and the cop listened to the car running and said it sounded much better, we went into the court house and the cop said it was fixed and I then said nothing was changed and here is the 50 states legal documentation on the current muffler I have always had on the car. Cop looked like a dumbass.

Now I need to knock on some wood, but my really loud drift car, obnoxious looking and all (for the town I live in) I have never been pulled over for any reason and I dont know how that is.
Well it sounds alot better after you tagged the wall a couple of weeks ago....j.k
Gah....It's Too LOUD!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #24
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Is that eli^^^^^?

Minus fixing the exhaust its pretty much all fixed up already. If you get close you can tell, from 10 feet you would never know. Ill fix it better in the spring when paint wont run....

And my exhaust is going to be pretty damn loud now.
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #25
DeathMetal
Zilvia Member

DeathMetal is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to Florida. My friend has a prelude with a mild like 2.5"? exhaust and he's gotten several tickets just cruising 5th gear at the speed limit.

And no one needs to come into this thread and give him bullshit about "you're running a loud exhaust, it's bound to happen". Cops here really are just dickheads.
DeathMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #26
rb26man
Zilvia Addict

rb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to rb26man Send a message via Yahoo to rb26man
damn that sucks but its bad in cali too

rb26man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #27
warauto
Zilvia Addict

I heard in cali is way worse, i guess it's the nature of the beast. People from cali have all the fun, in my opinion, they have practically all the major american aftermarket manufacturers at their fingertips. Not to mention zilvia.net is a cali based forum.
With that said cali is more susceptible to alot more heat (Officer Dangle).
Old 11-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #28
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by warauto View Post
Not to mention zilvia.net is a cali based forum.
Since when?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #29
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
knock on wood, no exhaust tickets since ive owned my car in fl
hell, just drive slow and clutch in when u see cops, not hard.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #30
warauto
Zilvia Addict

I am not sure, I made an assumption due to the fact that most buyers/sellers are local. They would rather deal locally in cali. So i figured hey 21,000 new posts approxiamately 70% Cali based, wtf zilvia is beyond a reasonable doubt from cali.