Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
6/14/2008, Celebration Station Greensboro NC

Greensboro/High point has to have some active members that are looking to get out and get up somewhere.
After a bit of discussion with people interested in making things happen in the area, even beyond the regular drift practices at Piedmont. My idea, as a means for getting people together and making something happen, hopefully on a regular basis.
I am going to carry this like this:
June 14, 2008, I am proposing that at 7pm, we meet at Celebration Station on Big Tree Way in Greensboro, link to said attraction for those who are not aware can be found right here:
http://www.celebrationstation.com/in...c9383ff0a033cc
Celebration Station closes at 11pm, giving us plenty of time to eat the food, ride the Go-Karts, play the video games, then get back to whatever it is that we might have done otherwise. Such a venue is actually perfect for the combination of the food and attractions, not to mention the location is PERFECT when looking for actual "things to do" for Greensboro and High Point, hell even Winston residents.
At this point, this thread is a feeler, with the amount of interest provided to provided to drive the "Official" status. I say that to say that if this one goes well, then we will do it again, if turnout is good this time, we will do it again, if it CONTINUES to be good, then we can make it a bi-weekly affair. I am saying that I would love to be able to link up with other owners in the area, more than the ones that I am personally acquainted with already. I am posting this very thread both on Carolina Nissans AND Zilvia as a means to get the word out... Again, for the things to actually do around here, or places that we can be without getting kicked out on the quickfast for loitering, this is the best place. I am fully open to input for other venues, but I FOR SURE want to make this happen on June 14th at Celebration station.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
SR2Zero
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Sounds cool. I don't know about bi-weekly... Hopefully the new motor will be in by then... Im interested
SR2Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Well, coming from SC, I wouldn't expect you to come up bi-weekly, but it'd be a good idea for something to do, with guys getting up and doing stuff every other weekend. We're having to keep in mind, as well, age differences, as not everyone is able to go everywhere.

And I write too!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
Sean1978
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Sean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sean1978
Quote:
Sounds cool. I don't know about bi-weekly... Hopefully the new motor will be in by then... Im interested
Generally it doesn't really matter if you have the coolest car in the world at local meets, it's more about meeting up with local people in real life who have common interests. We are running these in Charlotte and Raleigh weekly with decent success and are now looking into getting something good started for the Greensboro / Highpoint crowd.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #5
SR2Zero
Zilvia Addict

SR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really nice
Nice, I mean it sounds great... I might be able to hit up a meet a month or something similiar. And I'm not too worried about having a cool car.... if I was worried about that, I probably wouldn't have bought the 90 coupe. Gold.... with a rattle canned black front end... I need to buy that daytona blue from sr kelly.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #6
drift Kid
Zilvia Member

drift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to drift Kid
if yall get it going with a good turn out ill be there with a few of my guys next time
drift Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #7
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

But seriously, that is what we're working towards, hopefully people will show their asses to the point that we can make something normal of this.

And I write too!
Old 05-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #8
drift Kid
Zilvia Member

drift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to drift Kid
lolzzzz.. i was trippin that day
drift Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #9
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

This weekend, I am going to go over and stake out a spot in the lot where we can get a few or several cars into, I will take a picture of my car in the spot so everyone who has not seen what I look like either in person or online will know what they're looking for.

And I write too!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
SR2Zero
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
This weekend, I am going to go over and stake out a spot in the lot where we can get a few or several cars into, I will take a picture of my car in the spot so everyone who has not seen what I look like either in person or online will know what they're looking for.
Nice, I'm excited. I guess for this one the 240 is still sitting, but I'll still be there.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #11
Sway500
Zilvia Member

Sway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to all
The 14th is the same day as the next drift day at piedmont as well
Sway500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:10 PM   #12
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

^^^ I have been made aware of that like over the last few days, Randall... Some of the Carolina Nissans guys will be coming from there to this, as the plans do not include us meeting up there until 7pm. I will not be at Piedmont that morning though.
For those who don't know what me/my car look like, or the layout of the lot at Celebration Station, it goes like this:
As you enter the parking lot, make a left as soon as you humanly can, look left again to the back of the lot, and you will find me and this car:

I will be somewhere near it, I am rather hard to miss, at 5'8" and 250ish with long dreads and a beard.
Anyone who does not have it already and with a valid reason to need it, PM me for my number.

And I write too!
Old 05-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #13
Sway500
Zilvia Member

Sway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to all
I wish I could make it but I have to work that weekend.....this sucks!
Old 05-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Bullshit, Randall
You don't have a job, I am gonna swing by your parents' house on my way down and introduce your car to my Louisville Slugger if you don't come, slacker.

And I write too!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #15
Sway500
Zilvia Member

Im gonna try my hardest to make it though.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:29 AM   #16
murderrsirenss
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
murderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to murderrsirenss Send a message via AIM to murderrsirenss Send a message via Yahoo to murderrsirenss
thanks for sending me the PM Phil. im down for this!
murderrsirenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #17
driftphenom
Zilvia Member

driftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the rough
how many people you got lined up?
i got 2 240s so i got at least 2 people lol
by saying "whatever else we might have been doing" do you mean cruising through high point getting harrassed by the cops?
driftphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #18
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
i havent been to a peidmont drift practice in ages... my car is tooooo laggy so no point in running it
((sr)) kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 AM   #19
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftphenom View Post
how many people you got lined up?
i got 2 240s so i got at least 2 people lol
by saying "whatever else we might have been doing" do you mean cruising through high point getting harrassed by the cops?
I am not sure of the total, but it is a public place with a huge capacity, so there should be no trouble either way.
No, I did not mean cruising through High Point, I have not done that in at least 5 years, probably closer to 6 lol... Don't plan to resume anytime soon, what with gas costing an arm and a testicle as it is.

And I write too!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #20
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

This is still going down, folks...
The only thing that will keep this from taking place would be rain, I will be there camera in hand a little before 7pm.

And I write too!
Old 06-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #21
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
so you're not going to be at the drift practice? weak

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #22
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

No, not going to be at the drift practice, I got business to handle in the midday on Saturday.

And I write too!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #23
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'll be at one or the other, or late to one and leaving early form the other. Anyone that would be able to take care of my dogs for me will be busy doing other stuff or there with us. I'll be lucky if I'm driving my car either way.
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #24
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
No, not going to be at the drift practice, I got business to handle in the midday on Saturday.
dang!

msg

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #25
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by sncs14 View Post
I'll be at one or the other, or late to one and leaving early form the other. Anyone that would be able to take care of my dogs for me will be busy doing other stuff or there with us. I'll be lucky if I'm driving my car either way.
Dammit, Owen!!! If you still have my number, gimme a buzz if you're coming to Celebration station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pank View Post
dang!

msg
You really should come out after piedmont

And I write too!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #26
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've still got your number. There's a group of Raleigh people meeting up near my apt early tomorrow morning to caravan out to the Piedmont. I'm just going to roll up there around noonish and come to Celebration Station after the event. Won't be driving my car though. One of my wheels is cracked and I don't have a spare, the new one should be here next week.
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #27
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

That's cool with me, as long as people make it out.

And I write too!
Old 06-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #28
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Okay, I've been home most of the day... I am fresh outta the shower now and freshly charged batteries in the camera, I am about to head out there, leaving here in about 10-15 minutes, which should put me in the parking lot at Celebration Station at about 6:45ish, I will be alone until people show.

And I write too!