Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-03-2005, 03:06 PM   #1
jarvis199

Trader Rating: (0)
jarvis199 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 interior into an s13

Ok i HAVE searched this, and i know its somewhat possibly and been done, but can anyone tell me how hard it is to put a full s14 interior, wiring and all into my 1989, i have the 1995 engine and id like to convert my s13 to an s14 completely, if anyone has any info on this, i searched and i got minimal stuff, so i would like some help, thanks in advance...
jarvis199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2005, 03:47 PM   #2
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvis199
i have the 1995 engine and id like to convert my s13 to an s14 completely
WTF.
Buy and S14 then, I don't understand....
95 engine? what? 95KA or SR?
Your S13 will NEVER be a S14... they don't even resemble eachother I'm confused....

The front seats will bolt in, the rear seats will bolt in with a little help, but you'll still have the rear hinges exposed. Ta-da, done. The only wiring that should be involved is the seatbelt indicator... I'm not sure if the S14's is also wired to the airbag or not as S13's had no airbags... or at least, not in 89.

If I were u, I'd edit my post and delete the part about wanting to "convert" your s13 to S14... you're gonna get flamed hard, and I'm personally having a hard time holding back myself Typically the only reason people swap the front seats of S13s is that hte S14 seats provide better grip and support, I've only seen maybe 4 people do the S14 rear, and it's just cuz their S13 seats were trashed and they wanted to match with the S14 fronts.

Seriously tho, this is going to cost your somewhere around $600 or so for fronts and rears, unless you find someone desparate to offload their seats, why not just leave your rears and get some nice grippy racing seats?

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
jarvis199

ok wow im sorry, i totally didnt explain myself enough, ok i havea recked 1995 240, its got full interior and its in really good condtion, i just bought a s13 and someone tried to install the dohc engine and f-ed up all the wiring in the dash, so i was wondering if i could take the dash, dash harness shifter assembly, center console, front seats, carpet, etc. out and put it in my s13? i hope that makes more sence, im really sorry guys im new to nissan, and ive done a lot of searching but when your new to a site its hard to find the things you need to find...

i guess im really jsut wanting to know if a s14 dash will bolt in to a s13 (ive got the complete recked s14 car so if possible i could use the entire car wiring harness)

my s13 is pretty busted, the seats dont stay up, the hingles are broken off, the shifter has been broken, looks like someone shifted a little too hard. I bought the complete recked s14 for 75 dollars from a towing place, tehy have had it for 3 years and no one has touched it, 93,000 miles, so the ka out of it is still good too, but my main question still is WILL THE DASH AND DASH WIRING HARNESS FROM A S14 WORK IN AN S13, AND IS SO WHAT KIND OF MODS NEED TO BE DONE TO GET IT TO WORK ?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:13 PM   #4
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
making the s14 wiring work in s13..LOTS of work. not even worth it. not at all.

this type of job comes down to:

if your asking, you arent ready for it.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
Irving18m
Leaky Injector

Irving18m is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Irving18m
Anything can be done with time and money and I say go for it. Im a Mustang guy and a few brave people put sn95 interior into a fox, those brave few have NICE interior in the fox! Good luck!
Irving18m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:49 PM   #6
jarvis199

ok, im fully capable of switching interior and doing the wiring, im not a newbie to cars, in any way, shape or form, im just new to nissans, so i figured who better to ask specifics than nissans guys? i was just wondering if the DASH will bolt in, i know the wiring will be difficult, but it will make for a great looking interior in the end, and i have time to get it done. If this isnt such a smart idea then i guess i need to find diagrams to wire the s14 harness into the s13
Old 05-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #7
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
dash wont
s14 is wider..noticably wider
Old 05-03-2005, 08:17 PM   #8
jarvis199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
dash wont
s14 is wider..noticably wider
not from what my searching did find, they said to use the s13 bracket on the s14 dash, im jsut worried about how hard the re-routing of the wiring will be
Old 05-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #9
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
this is not a honda where an integra dash will go into a civic, and using a heat gun to soften the door panels to conform to the new shape. Just swap seats and be done with it.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #10
jarvis199

i think no one actually understood what iw as trying to do, but thats ok, ive gotta drive 3 hours tomarrow for a s13 harness instead, so thats ok, thanks for your help everyone
Old 05-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #11
blitz180
Zilvia Member

blitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-knownblitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-knownblitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-knownblitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via ICQ to blitz180 Send a message via AIM to blitz180
this guy is in fact a one time honda owner... i'm positive of it. I bet he's the type of guy that tried ass dragging a civic around a corner in a mall lot, slammed into a wall blamed it on a snapped tie rod at 30 which is just damn rediculous and bought a nissan because "drifting is cool." S14 dash into S13 Chassis = Not in this lifetime.

Previous Honda owner turned S13 Owner

PWNED
Cha Mine

Last edited by blitz180; 05-04-2005 at 03:08 AM..
blitz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:10 AM   #12
idlafie
Zilvia Addict

idlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
making the s14 wiring work in s13..LOTS of work. not even worth it. not at all.

this type of job comes down to:

if your asking, you arent ready for it.

Hmmm...I wonder what this guy's excuse was.....an example of what one person did to his car....

>Old S13 wrote
>here are pics of a 240Z with a 350Z interior and motor... strange but >somewhat nice, atleast its well executed.. but still strange
>
>http://z31.com/unsorted/05-Motorsports-40.jpg
>http://z31.com/unsorted/05-Motorsports-43.jpg
>http://devster.net/roni/MSA_2005/IMG_5229.JPG

If Jarvis wants to take the effort to see if it's possible to convert his S14 interior into his S13, then more power to him. We already know the KA24DE motor will fit & work in the S13. Electrical is just a matter of cuttting all the harness plugs & wiring them up properly. It's adventurous people like this that allow us to learn about ourselves & our cars. I can kind of understand where he's coming from. He may have a S13 hatch that he would like to see a S14 interior in. He may have a lot of hard work ahead of him & may or may not find it worth his while, but at least he is willing to make the effort & learn. Gotta start somewhere right?? If it does, (or doesn't work), then he's learned something in the process right?? All US Zilvian's started somewhere right??
Anyhow, Jarvis, if you decide to go thru with this, good luck.
ID
'95 SE
Old 05-04-2005, 06:18 AM   #13
jarvis199

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz180
this guy is in fact a one time honda owner... i'm positive of it. I bet he's the type of guy that tried ass dragging a civic around a corner in a mall lot, slammed into a wall blamed it on a snapped tie rod at 30 which is just damn rediculous and bought a nissan because "drifting is cool." S14 dash into S13 Chassis = Not in this lifetime.

Previous Honda owner turned S13 Owner

PWNED
Cha Mine
lol, someone check his location and mine, MANKIN!!! haha, bought a nissan cause i kind of fell into it, and now kind of like it, oh and i have the broken tie rod in my room, IN case youd liek to see
AND iw asnt butt dragging my honda when i hit the wall, i was actually going strait, strangely enough its true, so mankin... CHA MINE

edit: oh yea, and mankin, what did u own before buying the s13? haha, come on admit it.... HE OWNED A DEL SOL, well actually the tree pwned it...
Old 05-04-2005, 06:21 AM   #14
jarvis199

MANKIN you son of a... haha, thanks for bringing my self esteem down...

anyway, im about to drive to frigging louisville to buy a s13 dohc harness, and right now i didnt buy a 240 cause drifting is cool, i bought onecause i need something to drive and it was cheap, now thati got it i kind of like it, but we'll see

thanks idlafie for the positive response, i think i am going to end up going through wiht it, my s13 interior is a nasty blue, kind of beaten up too, so id like to see the nice, black s14 interior in my car, i really dont care how hard it is, and that stuff about "if u have to ask then u arent capable" is totally wrong, remember hte first tiem u swapped an engine? did ud o it by yourself? no you didnt u had to ask someone how to do some of it.

Anyway, ive taken a 1991 civic hatch dx, converted it to obd1 and did an mpfi swap and threw in a d16z6 engine all at the same time, so im not afraid of wiring or screwing around with my car, the interior might not make it faster, but its something to do till i can turbo the ka...

i think more of us honda guys would switch over to nissan if some of you werent so gayabout things, i mentioned i previously owned a honda and some of you just went nuts on me, to be honest, ive had the 240 for 3 days and i love it jsut as much as my honda hatch and i HAVENT EVEN HEARD IT RUN YET, 240's are sweet cars, but some of you are way too jumpy...

(not you mankin, your just well... )

Last edited by jarvis199; 05-04-2005 at 10:42 AM..
Old 05-04-2005, 06:44 AM   #15
ryan hagen
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ryan hagen is making a name for him/her selfryan hagen is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i ve seen a s14 interrior in a s13, i for get if it wa son ebay or the forums, the door panels fit but kinda odly, and the handles took some rigging from the looks of it, the dash should fit with out much mods, if think about it the seats fit and i used s14 carpet in my s13 so i can safly say there isnt much differnt to the floor pan if anything. my carpet just doesnt match up well with my s13 kick panels. so it can be done a nd as long as you have it all your one up.chasis wireing is differnt, alot different, the lights are totally differnt through out the whole car and you ll have problems there. good luck, and if you ever wanna sell your s14 radiator or carpet let me know.

1990 hatch ka24de gt2871r
ryan hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 07:53 AM   #16
jarvis199

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan hagen
i ve seen a s14 interrior in a s13, i for get if it wa son ebay or the forums, the door panels fit but kinda odly, and the handles took some rigging from the looks of it, the dash should fit with out much mods, if think about it the seats fit and i used s14 carpet in my s13 so i can safly say there isnt much differnt to the floor pan if anything. my carpet just doesnt match up well with my s13 kick panels. so it can be done a nd as long as you have it all your one up.chasis wireing is differnt, alot different, the lights are totally differnt through out the whole car and you ll have problems there. good luck, and if you ever wanna sell your s14 radiator or carpet let me know.

yea i could sell the radiator and carpet, email me [email protected]
Old 05-04-2005, 10:38 AM   #17
SOLDIER [X]
Zilvia Junkie

SOLDIER [X] is a well-known jackass
i wish you the best of luck it's initiatives like these that help revolutionize car modding as well as modding in general.
SOLDIER [X] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #18
jarvis199

will the shifter assembly from an s14 work in an s13??? im starting the dash swap now and i want to make sure of the small stuff first...
Old 05-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #19
jarvis199

will the shifter assembly from an s14 work in an s13??? im starting the dash swap now and i want to make sure of the small stuff first...

oh yea and ill take pics of the progress if someone can tell me how to post them...
Old 05-04-2005, 11:18 AM   #20
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

why dont you TRY it before saking? its not all that hard to test it first.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:11 PM   #21
90RS13
Zilvia Junkie

90RS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did anyone else love that S30? I thought the 350z dash looked great. Man, I want one mnore and more by the day.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:29 AM   #22
blitz180
Zilvia Member

blitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-knownblitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-knownblitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-knownblitz180 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via ICQ to blitz180 Send a message via AIM to blitz180
Z Cars are the Shit.... ALL of them (cept the 80's model 300ZX)

And Jarvis the S14 shifter should fit. All those trannies are the same cept for gear ratios (any difference in s14 and s13? wandering) SR and KA are swapable, so it should be between the KA motors too.

And while your at it, put the S14 KA in the car, and move the s14 KA's intake cam to the exhaust side, and put the s13 KA Exhaust cam on the s14 intake side free HP.

"MANKIN you son of a... haha, thanks for bringing my self esteem down...

anyway, im about to drive to frigging louisville to buy a s13 dohc harness, and right now i didnt buy a 240 cause drifting is cool, i bought onecause i need something to drive and it was cheap, now thati got it i kind of like it, but we'll see

thanks idlafie for the positive response, i think i am going to end up going through wiht it, my s13 interior is a nasty blue, kind of beaten up too, so id like to see the nice, black s14 interior in my car, i really dont care how hard it is, and that stuff about "if u have to ask then u arent capable" is totally wrong, remember hte first tiem u swapped an engine? did ud o it by yourself? no you didnt u had to ask someone how to do some of it.

Anyway, ive taken a 1991 civic hatch dx, converted it to obd1 and did an mpfi swap and threw in a d16z6 engine all at the same time, so im not afraid of wiring or screwing around with my car, the interior might not make it faster, but its something to do till i can turbo the ka...

i think more of us honda guys would switch over to nissan if some of you werent so gayabout things, i mentioned i previously owned a honda and some of you just went nuts on me, to be honest, ive had the 240 for 3 days and i love it jsut as much as my honda hatch and i HAVENT EVEN HEARD IT RUN YET, 240's are sweet cars, but some of you are way too jumpy...

(not you mankin, your just well... )

oh yea, and mankin, what did u own before buying the s13? haha, come on admit it.... HE OWNED A DEL SOL, well actually the tree pwned it... "

blitz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:55 PM   #23
importnut
Leaky Injector

importnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Just adding my thoughts. As far as the wiring is concerned, if you swap over EVERYTHING, it should work. The subtle differences would be, rear wiper, and flip up head lights. I've had to replace hacked up chassis harnesses before. Just takes time and patience.

Oh, and I'll also repeat this thought: If you have both cars, just try it. What do you have to lose? Time? Doesn't sound like you are too worried about that since you were going to drive 3 hours to pick up a harness. Most people that know how to do the work, did so by trying, making mistakes, and learning from them.

Good luck.

-Alex S.