Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-03-2005, 03:32 PM   #1
ghostuss
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ghostuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ghostuss
Brake on HIghway = violent shake

This is for a friend's 94 Accord. He told me his car does this sometimes(like 1 in 4 times) when he steps on the brake (even a little bit) on highway, his steering shakes violently. He just had new pads just recently but didn't have a rotor change for awhile. I am suspecting it needs new rotor. Or might be powersteering problem. If you guys have better input, please post here.

ButtonWillow, CA entire circuit drift/grip event by shock drifting spot for sale. Take over my spot for $150 only.
ghostuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #2
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
The rotors in those cars are pressed, and it wont be a fun job. If you're driving above 50mph, they should shake all the time, not 1 in 4 times. You could have them turned with an on car lathe, but who knows how long the rotors will last after being turned.

Warped rotors, steering and front end will shake. If it has been in an accident, you may need a front end alignment.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:35 PM   #3
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
a friend of mine has one of those, apparently the rotors are undersized for the car to begin with, and they are prone to overheat/warpage

My friend and his wife went thru 3 sets of rotors in a year once, the car was sold shortly thereafter, they got a WRX and have been happy since

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:32 PM   #4
Inland180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Inland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Inland180
resurface rotors or just buy new ones!

Feedback LINK
Inland180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:24 PM   #5
ghostuss
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smog Tech
The rotors in those cars are pressed, and it wont be a fun job. If you're driving above 50mph, they should shake all the time, not 1 in 4 times. You could have them turned with an on car lathe, but who knows how long the rotors will last after being turned.

Warped rotors, steering and front end will shake. If it has been in an accident, you may need a front end alignment.
I have never serviced an Accord before. You said it's hard to remove the Rotor. Exactly what kind of a job I am gonna be looking at? I think I am gonna get new rotor for my friend. Of course he has to pay for the rotor. I am just trying to help some poor college friends out.

ButtonWillow, CA entire circuit drift/grip event by shock drifting spot for sale. Take over my spot for $150 only.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:31 PM   #6
s13gonwild
BANNED

s13gonwild is an unknown quantity at this point
rotors are warped, dont bother resurfacing, it wont fix it get new ones.
s13gonwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:20 AM   #7
AllenRPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

AllenRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
mostly rotor problem, just change it
AllenRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:41 AM   #8
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostuss
I have never serviced an Accord before. You said it's hard to remove the Rotor. Exactly what kind of a job I am gonna be looking at? I think I am gonna get new rotor for my friend. Of course he has to pay for the rotor. I am just trying to help some poor college friends out.
The rotors aren't like most cars, where you remove the caliper and the rotor will slide out. For some Hondas, You'll need to remove the front hubs and press the rotors out. I don't remember the exact process, since it's been while I last worked on one.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #9
ghostuss
Zilvia FREAK!

Can anyone shoot me up with a link to the process? I am almost entirely sure his rotor is gonna be one of those pressed out kind, where you removie the entire hub. It's gonna be a pain in the ass to do it, and having some kind of guide would be so much easier.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:34 AM   #10
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
warped rotor, i had that problem.. switched to z32 problem fixed... u might want to ask this question at honda-tech... theyll give u the directions..
Old 05-05-2005, 01:55 PM   #11
ghostuss
Zilvia FREAK!

ok I know it's warpped rotor now. BUT how do I replace the accord rotor (the press in type)? I have only done 240sx/300zx rotors which is really ez to remove.