Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
****help Asap****

i jsut boght a S13 240sx from a tow yard, ad teh car was stolen before and teh ignition where the key goes in is totally destroyed, not, can i jsut buy the key cyl? or do i need to replace the column?

Thanks
Bryon
Old 05-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #2
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pics would help. But if it's just the cylinder that's broken, then yes, that can be replaced.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #3
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Wow, there's real intelligence right there.

Is the cylinder damaged? Replace it. If it's not, rekey it.

Was that really so hard to figure out?

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:58 PM   #4
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
not only the cyl is destroyed, but also where it goes into and attaches to teh column, so STFu if you dont have anything that can help me.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:34 AM   #5
zootang

zootang is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to zootang
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks
not only the cyl is destroyed, but also where it goes into and attaches to teh column, so STFu if you dont have anything that can help me.

He did answer your question :hammer:
Quote:
Is the cylinder damaged? Replace it. If it's not, rekey it.
You did not say anything about your column being damaged in the origanl post, and try searching first
Quote:
and teh ignition where the key goes in is totally destroyed, not, can i jsut buy the key cyl? or do i need to replace the column?
Thanks z0.ol
zootang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:24 AM   #6
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
^^^ You did better at deciphering that bullshit than I did... I lost interest in the question after attempting to read the first sentence, Russ made it make sense enough with his response, then more gibberish from the thread starter... No need for fixing the car, spend that money on a fucking dictionary

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:36 PM   #7
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

OK so do i need to replace the column, or can i replace the cyl holder?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2005, 04:12 PM   #8
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
take your shit apart... and see for your self what needs to be taken out...
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #9
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks
OK so do i need to replace the column, or can i replace the cyl holder?

Thanks
WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ASKING US?

Is the cylinder damaged? Replace it.
Is the column damaged? Replace it.

You're asking people to help you when you haven't provided a shred of info or even a picture. You replace the part(s) that are damaged, that's it unless you just feel like overhauling a lot of good parts for the hell of it. You can't really be this fucking stupid.

If you have a flat tire, what do you do, replace the entire wheel? Or the entire car? You replace the tire, nothing else.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #10
zeek
Zilvia Member

zeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it just me or is Zilvia now full of Ex-honda, eliterate, non-spelling dumbasses, who couldnt find the search button if it was the whole page?
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:06 PM   #11
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
omg like totally jdm hardcorez0rz...
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:30 PM   #12
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek
Is it just me or is Zilvia now full of Ex-honda, eliterate, non-spelling dumbasses, who couldnt find the search button if it was the whole page?
No, it is not just you, recently the forum has become overrun wit hopeless fucking retards

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #13
zeek
Zilvia Member

zeek is an unknown quantity at this point
PHILP: "No, it is not just you, recently the forum has become overrun wit hopeless fucking retards"

a.k.a ... "Fucktards" ,and I agree.
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:21 PM   #14
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek
eliterate, non-spelling dumbasses
Are you saying ELITIST or ILLITERATE?
HeHee
Either way, u own3d yourself bud...

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:31 PM   #15
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi
Are you saying ELITIST or ILLITERATE?
HeHee
Either way, u own3d yourself bud...

haha seriously...maybe he meant to make it blatantly obvious.
TurDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #16
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

ok cool thanks for you help