Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2021, 04:15 PM   #11
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Got to work ripping the car apart today. Didn't have an extra pair of hands out with me so I just prepped it to pull, but I did take the turbo off so I can have it cleaned out.

Made an executive decision that the S13 is going to borrow the Z32's SR for the time being. Its going to take some time to get another engine together so I may as well put the build engine I have to use. Really excited to finally see this engine running and its going to make the S13 an absolute animal!

Run down on the engine is:

S13 SR20DET block
WPC treated crankshaft
WPC treated Nissan OEM main and rod bearings
Nissan OEM oil pump w/ WPC treated gears
CP 86.5mm 9.0CR pistons
Manely Rods
Sianar Motorsports -10AN breather
Nissan OEM main bolts
Nissan OEM timing components
ATI super damper

180SX head ported & polished by Port Flow
Ferrea dual valve springs
Ferrea +1mm valves
Dual guides
Tomei 260 procams
Apexi head gasket
Mazworx ARP Headstuds
S13.5 valve cover w/ -10AN fittings

Since the G25-550 setup currently on the built SR has an exhaust suited for the Z chassis, I'm going to run the Tomei manifold and HKS turbo that were on the S13 with it. Separated the turbo and manifold, manifold was covered in some nasty heat wrap that was falling apart. Got it all stripped off and covered myself in fiberglass nastiness. Thinking I'll have it ceramic coated before it goes back in to manage heat in the bay without needing to re-wrap it. Turbo came home with me to be dropped to a local and have it torn down, cleaned and to see if it needs a rebuild after being pumped full of bearing material