Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-20-2008, 10:19 AM   #31
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
I hear glass packs do wonders...

Is your entire exhaust SS Autochrome? I'm guessing it's a thinner wall on the piping which would cause your exhaust to sound crappy and loud. Get a custom made exhaust built with thicker walls. Also an exhaust control valve works wonders.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #32
mrpeepers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
mrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's the inherent problems with custom exhausts, or exhausts that have been modified is that the sound is not "tuned"

I agree with your plan to get a muffler.
mrpeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #33
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Top fuel exhausts have two resonators built into them and are whisper qiuiet. i put a resonated testy pipe in the top fuel exhaust asn there is virtually no exhaust note now. quieter than stock.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #34
nissandr1ft
Zilvia Member

nissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to nissandr1ft
The reason I don't go back to stock exhaust is because that would be exactly opposite of anything I've done to the car. I don't know what the primaries are on the header, but it's about a 2.5" outlet. I'm trying to do this while keeping all my power, otherwise Ill deal with the noise. Im just looking at options that do't kill power completely.
nissandr1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #35
nissandr1ft
Zilvia Member

nissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to nissandr1ft
Reviving the dead thread...

I picked up a Vibrant Ultra quiet resonator (http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...08468ae4ecde84) on the cheap,and I'm trying to decide if I want to add it to what I already have, or replace the magnaflow resonator (http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=849). I'm also trying to figure out whether putting it closer to the motor would help more, or do the same job wherever it goes. Ive been hearing the thin gauge tubing could be part of my problem, and in that case Id say with the resonator towards the motor it would help quiet the exhaust the closer to the motor side.
nissandr1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #36
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Drill a hole through a potato, and when you're commuting just throw it in your muffler, and when you get home from work you'll have a delicious baked potato.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #37
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Drill a hole through a potato, and when you're commuting just throw it in your muffler, and when you get home from work you'll have a delicious baked potato.
Wow you can read minds. I was just about post the same thing.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #38
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Add a turn down to the tip! It can lower the noise level a few decibels.
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:40 PM   #39
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
Get another s13 daily driver. I wouldn't mess with the one you're gonna get too much.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:10 AM   #40
blitzkrgCT9A
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
blitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
go with Apex'i WS2 NOIR and you will be happy!

I have been happy with mine.

blitzkrgCT9A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #41
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Whenever your done, could you post of video of how it sounds after...

I will be looking for the same kind of exhaust some time before summer.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #42
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
+1 on The Apex WS Noir
I have one on my NA KA S14 and it sounds just perfect.
It has a nice "sporty" exhaust note for a daily driver and flows pretty nicely. Has a nice sound when you open it up too, no annoying drone on the highway.

It might not look as flashy as a s/s muffler but the subtle black finish is really cool and low key, IMO.
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #43
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
I have a Fujitsubo 3" on the way that should be pretty quiet as well. At least, a lot quieter than the exhaust that's on my car...

I'll post up when I get it on my car and see how it sounds. Fujitsubos can be found pretty cheap used (mine was ~$200).
Old 03-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #44
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
To the guy(s) with the apexi ws noir: Do you have a video of that exhaust on the car to hear what it sounds like ?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #45
blitzkrgCT9A
Zilvia Junkie

blitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond repute
it sounds almost stock at idle.. slightly louder than stock at WOT. Definitely way quieter than JDM fart-cans.
blitzkrgCT9A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:15 PM   #46
BoostinGST
Zilvia Addict

BoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant future
another thing that would work is the sard torque control valve.

not only will it lower the sound some but it would give you more torque at the bottom end and doesnt need to be switched on and off like the apexi ecv
Old 03-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #47
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
I want to do the same with my exhaust. I've got a decat silencer (rather than the straight through testpipe/decat thats currently on there - see below). Also getting another silencer welded in to the exhaust. Should quieten down things quite a bit. I know guys in the UK have welded silencers in to their downpipe too (to meet track regs).

Have you got any more pics of your car? Love the wheels
Old 03-03-2008, 06:27 PM   #48
berz
Zilvia Addict

berz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfection
cant have the best of both worlds so run stock piping man
Old 03-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #49
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
I want to do the same with my exhaust. I've got a decat silencer (rather than the straight through testpipe/decat thats currently on there - see below). Also getting another silencer welded in to the exhaust. Should quieten down things quite a bit. I know guys in the UK have welded silencers in to their downpipe too (to meet track regs).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...atmanifold.jpg

Have you got any more pics of your car? Love the wheels
Yeah the resonated test pipe gets rid of some of the rasp and off notes from the exhaust. Much better than a straight pipe or gutted cat.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #50
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
nice neighborhood. hahaha
s13drob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:13 AM   #51
bob marley
Leaky Injector

bob marley is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bob marley
I don't know if anyone has tried A'PEXi's active valve tail silencer. At idle and cruising around town it's very quiet. The engine noise usually drowns out the exhaust noise. At wide open throttle, it sounds like any other coffee can catback. I only know 1 person using it and we haven't noticed any power loss.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_exh...=217&pageNum=1
bob marley is offline   Reply With Quote