Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #1
SpaceKADET

Trader Rating: (0)
SpaceKADET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA24DET PCV Questions

I have a 2004 Frontier with a KA24DE that I have turbocharged. I have installed an Xcessive intake manifold originally meant for a 240SX and I am running a Z32 mass air flow sensor on the turbo inlet pipe.

I currently have the PCV valve on the lower passenger side of the engine venting to atmosphere and the nipple from the valve cover venting to atmosphere as well. If I remember correctly, not having the PCV hooked up to the intake manifold screws with the readings of the MAF? Do I need to find a way to plumb the PCV back into the intake manifold with a sealed can in between? Would I need an additional check valve in that instance?

Should I just run the nipple from the valve cover to a sealed can and then onwards to the turbo inlet after the MAF or can I get away with venting to atmosphere?

The build was originally venting the valve cover to atmosphere and the PCV was still plumbed into the stock intake manifold. It was originally running off an Apexi SAFC2, which wasn't the best, but it ran. Now that I'm running an S13 ECU I'm trying to get everything running properly. With the different intake manifold installed, I was wondering if I should run the PCV the same way or differently.
SpaceKADET is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links