Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
KA KA24E rough idle and running rich

well here is where the problem first started, my throttle resonse wasnt always there... so i checked my tps and the wires were al jimmy rigged from the guy before me and i wigged them around and my response was back. so i decided to rewire the stuff he did. and i calibrated the tps after that and it seemed to work fine but maybe with a little bog. i also cleaned out the iacv because i had a really stumbly idle. and it seemed to fix it and my idle was good again. everything seemed to be fine, went to an event. and about a week after that it seemed to be running a little rich, so i checked my timing and changed my coolant temp sensor and my o2 sensor. well my car is running REALLY rich now... i can smel the gas at stoplights. and my car is super boggy when on the gas. it seems like it is just dumping gas but its not doing anything. and when im at a stoplight it idles normally at around 750 but after a minute or so my rpms start bobbing up and down itll go to 900 then drop to 400 and it just keeps doing it until i start going again. not really sure what the problem is but its costing me a fotune in gas money.... and i have really crappy throttle response. please help you guys, thanks
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
I had the same problem with my single cam too, my solution, well I got an sr and even though I have gathered some credit card debt I am soo happy with the response I get now, all the money I could have spent to fix it, I got an sr

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:23 AM   #3
Landers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am assuming you used the correct O2 sensor?
Also what kind of condition is your knock sensor in?
Have you checked your TPS position since the event?

And finally is your MAF operating correctly??? I have a feeling its either a MAF issue or an O2 sensor problem.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:35 AM   #4
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
check your maf sensor
Old 06-28-2008, 06:26 AM   #5
JaeTea
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
JaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JaeTea
If your AIV valve is blocked/not working your idle will do this.

Just pull the hose off the intake and plug it with something.

Sounds like a MAF issue though.
JaeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
nieko
Post Whore!

nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
i thought it could be maf too but i tried 2 different mafs and same thing. and i tried unplugging the maf and the car just died... well i took my injectors off my old car and got new o rings for them and put them in today, car seems to not be as boggy but still smells rich. grr idk what it could be?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #7
nieko
Post Whore!

also, i havent checked the knock sensor out yet. but i used the bosch universal o2 sensor. is that a bad idea?... help me out guys thanks
Old 06-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
nieko
Post Whore!

bump bump bump