Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #121
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Funk alot View Post
i have some questions. ok for starts im not trying to bash.. my only thing is that these resemble the mckinney rb mounts in which i spent alot of money on and had nothing but problems with due to the stud and its platform tearing through the urethane on more then just one car so my question is what is the height and radius on the mount and what method was used to secure the studs.
You trying to make your own, and then turn around and selling these?

Not trying to bash either, just sounds like you're trying to rip his design off.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #122
P-Funk alot
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
P-Funk alot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to P-Funk alot
^^^^^^^no, not at all. the actual build up of these would be simple. the only reason i asked was because mckinney sales similar sets for there rb conversion mounts and every set ive used the actual studs tear out of the urethane. i have also fabricated countless custom solid mounts for ka/sr and rb so i would not have to steal someone elses ideas.
P-Funk alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #123
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Funk alot View Post
^^^^^^^no, not at all. the actual build up of these would be simple. the only reason i asked was because mckinney sales similar sets for there rb conversion mounts and every set ive used the actual studs tear out of the urethane. i have also fabricated countless custom solid mounts for ka/sr and rb so i would not have to steal someone elses ideas.
Ok first off I do not know what McKinney is using to build their mounts( as far as bonding agents and durometer, and anchor plates for the stud.
In fact all of those things can adversely affect durability. I.E. to low of a durometer will shear a lot easier. Improperly applied bonding agents and how you anchor your studs will affect this as well.

I do not know about Mckinney.
Though I do know some competitors run a stud straight through the mount. This is not an advisable thing to do. It will cause severe vibrational transfer. Which will manifest itself in the cabin of your car. I.E. dash rattling,seat vibrating,mirrors shaking. LOL

I will admit that it does seem like you were probing for proprietary information. If not excuse me. Though I am in the business of selling these mounts and that is not the kind of information that I would readily disclose. LOL

In fact I have already described how we make these mounts to certain extent already in the lead post in the group buy.

Now with that said we actually have a New Year and a New Generation of mount.

After feedback from track users we have actually upped the durometer on the mounts from 70 to 80. That does indeed give them more shear strength.

With that said lots of people have used the 70 durometer ones on the track and not had any shear issues. We just felt if we could improve without driving up costs we would.

So Now the Mounts are GREEN!! Yup British Racing Green and 80 durometer. Same price but a even better product.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #124
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
So Dave, what was the deal with the mounts you sold that tore apart?
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #125
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
So Dave, what was the deal with the mounts you sold that tore apart?
I did not have a big problem with mounts that tore apart. If people do not use a heatshield on the turbo side the will deform due to the extreme heat from the turbo. In fact that is well known about Polyurethane.
I have heard of people discarding the heat shield we used to sell with them. It was a cost prohibitive thing to manufacture especially if people were tossing them.
To keep costs down I stopped doing the heat shield but stress it to everyone I sell to. In other words yes you need to use a heatshield be it the factory one or one of your own design.

If you do not it could cause a heat failure. If someone resells my mounts to someone else and does not mention this that could be a problem.

Oh and if someone uses a impact gun or air ratchet to tighten down the bolts it can over torque the studs.
They are lock lugs and just need to be tighten downed with a ordinary socket and ratchet.

There was one batch that the bonding agent was not applied properly. It was actually prior to the last generation as well. Failure happened immediately and those were warrantied.

There are many people using my mounts now and for several years with no problems. In fact Racepar1 purchased a set over 3 years ago, tracked them several times and they are actually still in use in Raiglide's car as I speak still performing.

I do stand behind the product.

Did you actually even read the last 5 pages of the review Kyle? There is pretty strong testimonials going on here.
Oh and buy a set you will like them. Do you even own a S chassis anymore?

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 01-09-2011 at 05:43 PM..
Old 01-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #126
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
so they are green now? Where cans i buy some lol, im doing like new everything for 2011
Old 01-09-2011, 11:43 PM   #127
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I do stand behind the product.

Did you actually even read the last 5 pages of the review Kyle? There is pretty strong testimonials going on here.
Oh and buy a set you will like them. Do you even own a S chassis anymore?
I don't doubt that you stand behind your product at all.

Yes, I read the thread and all the praise, which is why I was puzzled when I saw pics of the mount that had pulled apart.

I do still have my 240, and it does need new mounts. I'm still pondering whether I should go with your mounts, or try out the JGS rubber mounts.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #128
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I would highly suggest you try it.... I am still loving it still......
Old 01-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #129
s14j
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (72)
s14j is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
getting some this week hopefully
im tired of my stock busted mounts.
s14j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #130
coup-emonster
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
coup-emonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i want!!! haha..specially now that they are green haha way better than yellow in my opinion
Old 01-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #131
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Buy it! LOL.... Please write back to this thread on your experiences.... It really helps people out there.....
Old 01-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #132
s14j
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (72)
s14j is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
JUST picked up mines today!
GREEN ones FTW!
ahah
there fing mounts who cares what color they are -_-
but anyways
as soon as my cars ready
ill post my experiences with them!
already they seem really legit shit cant wait!
s14j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #133
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
I don't doubt that you stand behind your product at all.

Yes, I read the thread and all the praise, which is why I was puzzled when I saw pics of the mount that had pulled apart.

I do still have my 240, and it does need new mounts. I'm still pondering whether I should go with your mounts, or try out the JGS rubber mounts.
Well that was an exception not the norm plus check out the new group buy it has started!

Oh and a pic of the Green in the blazing with flash i.e. it made them look even lighter green. LOL

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #134
mattsil80wis
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mattsil80wis is making a name for him/her selfmattsil80wis is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
bought these a few months back.....totally love them...makes it super easy to take the trans out too with these installed

recommend them to everyone i know looking for new mounts
mattsil80wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #135
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i got mine on wednesday last week. took an hour at most to install them with just a jack. lol. great quality and most def increases the feel of the engine and gear changes. im happy with them.....
NismoDriverS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #136
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Well that was an exception not the norm plus check out the new group buy it has started!

Oh and a pic of the Green in the blazing with flash i.e. it made them look even lighter green. LOL

That is nice!!!

Hey DF, can you make an engine torque dampner? Maybe you have a source for the parts. I added one to my car... GOD it made a huge difference.... I mean HUGE difference in shifting consistency and feel....
Old 01-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #137
chiprez

chiprez is an unknown quantity at this point
group buy?im in!
chiprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #138
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
I like that you changed the color of these No offense, but that yellow was a bit 'much' for me.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #139
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I like that you changed the color of these No offense, but that yellow was a bit 'much' for me.
Agreed. Haha

They would pretty much be the only yellow part on my car. Haha.

I'll definitely be getting a green set.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #140
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Agreed. Haha

They would pretty much be the only yellow part on my car. Haha.

I'll definitely be getting a green set.

cool Johnny, ya give me a shout we will get you squared.

Oh and now for everyone. We have talked about the trans mounts and here is the deal.

The trans mount is more complicated but we are trying to make the best trans mount out on the market. In other words it will come with studs for the exhaust hanger. No other aftermarket trans mount has this.

Now this will not be a cheap mount it is going to run around $80 per mount. It will be the newer green and 80 durometer.
If ten people are serious about committing to this and are willing to wait 3-4 weeks for the initial run then we can do it.

It will not happen without ten commits though. You won't be sorry I can tell you that much. lol

Oh and there is a possibility of the return of heat shields with the mounts, though that will raise the price of the mounts another $10

Speak up and give me feedback on that. Thanks again guys.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #141
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Just have people cut up the stock mount.

Once you cut out the inner rubber piece you can use the other metal U that has the studs out of it.

Super simple and makes for easier manufacturing.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #142
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Just have people cut up the stock mount.

Once you cut out the inner rubber piece you can use the other metal U that has the studs out of it.

Super simple and makes for easier manufacturing.
While I appreciate your input. Did you stop to think, most people don't want to go to that extent? Or the fact that, if I did it for them, it would be even more work, than just designing, making and selling the new concept I have already figured out?

Either way you look at it, time is money and what you propose is time consuming.
On top of that the stock mount is bulky in comparison, to anything aftermarket.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #143
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
lol, 3 sec with a sawzall is not 'real' work, but I understand what you're saying.

n/m then.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #144
chiprez

chiprez is an unknown quantity at this point
how many of you guys had to trim the stud on the mounts to be able to fit?and if so,how much?cause my studs were really long and i trimmed some off at work and the stud is still to long to fit
chiprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #145
slider2828
Post Whore!

Mine were fine, I mean its just easier to trim the stud than the lift your engine higher? I dunno it was easy though.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #146
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Because of the nismo mounts I couldn't install Nissan OEM strut bar which I sourced from Japan. I had to go with rotorimp brace/bar.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #147
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I'll be picking up a set of these soon to replace the solid ones I have now.

Legit products ftw.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #148
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_240sx View Post
Because of the nismo mounts I couldn't install Nissan OEM strut bar which I sourced from Japan. I had to go with rotorimp brace/bar.
add yourself to the list if you have not purchased yet. We are just finishing up the second group of 5 in round 2 of the group buy.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #149
exile28
Leaky Injector

exile28 is an unknown quantity at this point
love the mounts so far. had em on for a few weeks now and its settling pretty good.
exile28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:38 AM   #150
c_mancuyas8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
c_mancuyas8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Mine are on the way!!! Thanks Dave!