Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #91
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Those look like that shit flipin240sx had that broke apart LOL
No, they were actually similar to what Drift Freaq made...isolated studs. The problem is that the mounts didnt hold up the temps I was putting the car thru.

Hypnotik got the same mounts I got and he had it for longer. His shit doesnt look anywhere close to how jacked up mine are. His shit still looked solid, no cracking or anything.

No clue how that shit got jacked up that badly, I reused the stock headshield on the exhaust side. But I have no explanation for the cooler intake side.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #92
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
No, they were actually similar to what Drift Freaq made...isolated studs. The problem is that the mounts didnt hold up the temps I was putting the car thru.

Hypnotik got the same mounts I got and he had it for longer. His shit doesnt look anywhere close to how jacked up mine are. His shit still looked solid, no cracking or anything.

No clue how that shit got jacked up that badly, I reused the stock headshield on the exhaust side. But I have no explanation for the cooler intake side.
O... my bad.... anyways, took it to a 85 degree day at a track.... Came out ok.... will take pictures later..... damn haven't seen you post in a little while flypin... are you still in Japan?
Old 06-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #93
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Ok guys got a little surprise for you. I actually was talking with my Urethane guy today and we might just make a trans mount!

Basically for it to happen? I would need 10 people committed i.e. paid for in a group buy to make them happen. I will have more info soon and if you want them and are willing, then speak up. Price would probably be $60 for the trans mount.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #94
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Oh and its official the group buy is up for the engine mounts, 10 person buy in for the price.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #95
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
O... my bad.... anyways, took it to a 85 degree day at a track.... Came out ok.... will take pictures later..... damn haven't seen you post in a little while flypin... are you still in Japan?
Just havent been floating around in here...need a break from all the repetitiveness of all the noob shit that goes on in here. Only way itll keep my sanity.

Plus, just got back from emergency leave from Philippines. Had to go to a funeral and been internet-less for over 2 weeks.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #96
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Just havent been floating around in here...need a break from all the repetitiveness of all the noob shit that goes on in here. Only way itll keep my sanity.

Plus, just got back from emergency leave from Philippines. Had to go to a funeral and been internet-less for over 2 weeks.
Hope everything got sorted out, I am heading to Japan to visit my girl in September... Tokyo though...
Old 06-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #97
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

I got 10 more months, ill be off this rock. I'll find out Sept ish where I'm heading next. I'd love to get to mainland but the chance of that happening is slim to none...probably got a better chance of getting my ass to Germany. If that happens, I'm taking the Silvia with me and I'm gonna try to sell it there. Use the money for something else that I can bring back to the states with me.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #98
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i am just curious if they hold the engine the same or better than my cuscos... i love the solid feel of a solid engine mount.... rev matching, heel & toe, everything is so much easier period... i read that you mentioned one drift guy went to these from cuscos and liked them i guess they vibrated less... but i am wondering if the engine movement is more then? Not trying to sound like a douche, just trying to make a decision... Tracking my car is important obviously My cuscos seem to becoming looser... so... i am considering getting something else basically...
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #99
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripTerror View Post
i am just curious if they hold the engine the same or better than my cuscos... i love the solid feel of a solid engine mount.... rev matching, heel & toe, everything is so much easier period... i read that you mentioned one drift guy went to these from cuscos and liked them i guess they vibrated less... but i am wondering if the engine movement is more then? Not trying to sound like a douche, just trying to make a decision... Tracking my car is important obviously My cuscos seem to becoming looser... so... i am considering getting something else basically...
Ok I am going to address though it has been addressed at least once in here and or in my for sale threads, before I opened the group buy.

Which can be found by doing a search I might add.

They are not solid mounts because they are urethane isolated. High durometer urethane. LIft tested to 3000lbs. I might add. The engine does not move much if it all with them. I have personally watched an engine sit rock solid with no movement with these mounts installed.

Cusco's are going to be a stiffer mount by shear design. They also cause enough vibration to make your dash rattle. Again I have seen this first hand in person.

In the end no these are not as stiff as Cusco. Nor do most people even want mounts like that. I have people that track their cars on a regular basis and love these mounts.

I might add if you think you are being a douche? Well you might need to look at that. Most people do not consider themselves douches unless they know they are being douches. LOL

Don't take that personal just pointing it out based on your own statements.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #100
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Just bought mine, cant wait to put them on! My whole exhaust bitch slaps the bottom of my car when i start the car
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #101
slider2828
Post Whore!

Hey Drift, maybe a good idea to put in there a warning sticker or letter to put heat wrap!

LOL Don't forget to heat wrap PLEASE!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #102
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
KA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KA240SX808 Send a message via MSN to KA240SX808
^Would the stock heat shield suffice like someone mentioned earlier or in another thread?
* PigNose SMIC Grille/Vent P# 62697-44F00 *
LMK What you guys got
KA240SX808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #103
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo240R View Post
^Would the stock heat shield suffice like someone mentioned earlier or in another thread?
I mentioned it. LOL

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #104
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
KA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KA240SX808 Send a message via MSN to KA240SX808
I thought so but I couldn't find it again and didnt want to look like an ass
* PigNose SMIC Grille/Vent P# 62697-44F00 *
LMK What you guys got
KA240SX808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #105
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
THESE ENGINE MOUNTS F*CKING ROCK DAVE!!!!!!!!!

Damn I'm glad I bought your mounts!

Footage of my event: YouTube - Auto Club Speedway - S13 Autech Spec-S

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #106
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

^ badass. i LOVE vids like that. especially when there's a fast s chassis behind the camera.

When you switched to the mounts carver, did you feel that the motor was more responsive and shifting was easier? i never had anything but stock mushy mounts my whole life. Just trying to understand how these mounts feel.

*waits by mailbox*
Old 06-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #107
fishboi

Trader Rating: (0)
fishboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey slider, can show some pictures of the way you wrap the ball joints?
fishboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #108
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboi View Post
Hey slider, can show some pictures of the way you wrap the ball joints?
Sure... I can do some maybe tomorrow night. Its already dark outside and I am still at FUCKING WORK and its been a 13 hour day.... SOB....

BUT DRIFT Freaq stuff ROCKS!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #109
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Pff.. At least your getting paid or have a job in the least.. I has no yab...

Yes. I want to say that I get better feedback as far as sensing good or bad vibrations, but without getting excessive vibration where you'd never know if something came loose. Not sure if that makes sense... Much similar to removing the hydraulic clutch unit, you can get a better feel for what the clutch is doing. Same for the engine mounts. I get a better feel for how the engine feels. And for someone like myself who knows their engine very closely, its a good sense to have, and these mounts help with that sense.

I have yet to make an opinion about their longevity seeing as though I've used them for one two-day race event. I'll chime in once I get five or ten more race events with them.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #110
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Mine came in today, install is sometime next week. Stay tuned! dave FTW! and priority mail shipping in 2 days from CA to NJ FTMFW!!

and thanks for your feedback carver!

out the box pics:

Last edited by unreal-; 06-16-2010 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: added pictarz
Old 06-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #111
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Mounts and pan gasket are in. its good to have no leaks

Me and my friend ended up using an engine hoist for the heavy lifting. Makes it SO much easier. My engine had to realllllly get cranked up in the air to get it to clear the mounts. had to loosen the trans member completely as well. the bolts to the motor mounts came off pretty easily, no strippage at all (woo!). Then we tackled the oil pan. After that was done, everything was lowered/aligned, hood was put back on, fluids were poured, and car was started. i noticed right away a little more vibration, but not anything CRAZY. Enough vibration so that you can tell exactly what the motor is doing (now i know exactly what you are talking about, carver ). At idle, you can barely tell i have aftermarket mounts. there is no change rattle, dash rattle, etc. Just a faint vibration. response is pretty damn quick, and the motor barely moves. Now these arent SOLID, so the motor will move a few MM, but a LOT less that the factory pieces. My factory ones were GONE!. You could practically squish them by hand .

Only thing i have to do is take a hammer to my header, where it meets the steering knuckle. It needs about 1-2mm of clearance. I think the mounts lower the engine a tad, so that killed my clearance in that area. Im sure a hammer and some epic cursing will get me the clearance i need. Ill probably warm the car up so that the metal will be a little more malleable.

impressions after day1:

- take off from a stoplight is much quicker. before, when i would leave a light the car would lurch and kinda "whiplash" then it would accel. Wasnt very smooth at all.
- There is almost no play when shifting. Before, when i would lift off to shift, the motor would cock back, making the shifter dip down ever so slightly, and i had to compensate for that depending on how high the RPM i shifted was. If i miscalculated, i got a nice grind. In fact, i had a semi-conscious foot release, in that i would time the release of the throttle, movement of the shifter and the rocking back of the motor...all to get a nice high-rpm shift.
- Downshifting in gear (no rev-matching) is much easier to do, with little delay, or whiplashing.
- vibrations: yup, its noticeable, especially when you are accelerating. You can feel the motor moving behind your foot. beyond the firewall/pedals its not that nociable. But no one gets poly mounts for stock comfort
- My motor sounds different. I dont know if its because its reverberating off of the mounts, but my motor sounds different from the inside of the car. as if the sound is slightly amplified by the mounts themselfs. its a pretty cool effect. Very race-car ish.

Last edited by unreal-; 06-29-2010 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: more impressions
Old 07-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #112
RNGWLD
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
RNGWLD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Hey Drift, maybe a good idea to put in there a warning sticker or letter to put heat wrap!

LOL Don't forget to heat wrap PLEASE!!!!
Got my drift freaqengine mounts some weeks ago but shit happened and installation had to be postponed until I'm done with summer classes. Meanwhile, I was wondering which heat wrap to get for them

Design Engineering DEI 010462 - DEI Reflect-A-Cool Heat Shields - Overview - SummitRacing.com

or the more expensive gold bling bling one

Design Engineering DEI 010392 - DEI Reflect-A-GOLD Heat Barriers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

or, would this $10 one that stands up to 2000 F be good enough ? Car is na and dd, only gets drifted occasionly

Thermo-Tec 13500 - Thermo-Tec Adhesive Backed Heat Barriers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Don't know much about heat wraps or if the mounts would require a certain type or whatever, so I'd appreciate some feedback from people who run them I want to get his asap so I can install them as soon as classes end...my engine tries to jump out of the bay everytime you rev it
RNGWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #113
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Just use the factory shield that's on the exhaust side (there is no shielding on the intake side). that should be enough for a N/A KA.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #114
slider2828
Post Whore!

Just get the cheaper one. the KA doesn't heat up as much as a booster sr....
Old 08-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #115
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Just put my mounts in along with a Peak Perf. street tranny mount.

They feel great! I used some reflective heat wrap to go around the outside of the mount. Install was very straightforward.

Highly recommend these!
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #116
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Did you jack up the engine on the oil pan? Or try to take off the engine bracket from the block?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #117
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I jacked up on the tranny/block connection and just loosened the tranny mount so it could pivot up.

Otherwise had to remove the fan shroud (just disconnect it) and the strut bar -- in addition to taking off all the intake piping to the turbo which sits in the way of the top nut on the motor mount.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #118
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

3 month update:

The mounts are much smoother than they were during first install. Coupled with my Nismo trans mount, vibration is almost non-existant. Besides the little bump when you first start the motor, once the idle settles you cant even tell that i have aftermarket mounts. Sometimes i wonder if my car is even on! SO, for poly mounts these fit the bill, and i highly recommend them.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #119
slider2828
Post Whore!

Yup 4-5 months, and still its nice after 3rd trackday its still in one piece...
Old 11-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #120
P-Funk alot
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
P-Funk alot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to P-Funk alot
i have some questions. ok for starts im not trying to bash.. my only thing is that these resemble the mckinney rb mounts in which i spent alot of money on and had nothing but problems with due to the stud and its platform tearing through the urethane on more then just one car so my question is what is the height and radius on the mount and what method was used to secure the studs.
P-Funk alot is offline   Reply With Quote