Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-24-2007, 03:33 PM   #61
Wiisass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Wiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkitonS14 View Post
This thread is pointless, whats "good" and whats "bad" is all a matter of peoples opinion. "Im gonna get such and such coilovers, because people told me to."
Not really though. Good and bad can be measured and defined. Based on the suspension, the car and the spring rates, you can calculate what amount of damping you want for compression and rebound. And if this were a perfect world or at least a world where more manufacturers would produce dyno charts, that information could be obtained. And how good or bad they are could be determined. There is supposed to be a lot of engineering that goes into selecting spring rates and damping values, but it seems that a lot of people don't realize that.

The reviews on the internet don't really mean that much depending on who is saying. No offense against anyone, but most people's feedback needs to be taken with a grain of salt (or more) depending on their experience. It seems a lot of people will go from a stock blown suspension to something new and no matter what it is, say it feels awesome. But there are some people out there that know what a good damper is supposed to feel like and that it's supposed to do and these are the people who's feedback can be valuable.
DriftAssNation
Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2007, 10:13 PM   #62
ZenkitonS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkitonS14 is close to perfectionZenkitonS14 is close to perfectionZenkitonS14 is close to perfectionZenkitonS14 is close to perfectionZenkitonS14 is close to perfectionZenkitonS14 is close to perfectionZenkitonS14 is close to perfectionZenkitonS14 is close to perfectionZenkitonS14 is close to perfectionZenkitonS14 is close to perfectionZenkitonS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Well put

jkhjkhjkhkh

Tel: 626-581-7200
Fax: 626-330-3155

275 S 3rd Ave. #2
La Puente, CA 91746

ZenkitonS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #63
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
-Stance GR+ (from FRsport)
super stiff! (6k/7k/8k/9k springs included) and i like the fact that Stance is in chicago, so if i need to get anything fixed its easy to communicate with them, and shipping would be less

-Tein Type HA
not so stiff. but solid none the less. getting replacement parts was extremely difficult and took a long time. although tein did replace the broken parts for free (good warrenty)

hopefully thats helping to contribute to the thread

DriftUtah | UtahNissans | MySpace | I <3 Drifting. Keep it Real.
Secret Society
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #64
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hah! I love how there's 2 different threads going in one: people with real experience talking about real dampers, and people talking about the dampers that the aforementioned experienced folks rag on, seemingly clueless to what has been going on in the rest of the thread. Bravo to the team of Wiisass and AceInHole, just a year and half ago this thread would've been a JDM whore humpfest.

A quick question that I'm sure Wiisass will answer, the off the shelf Koni yellows are only adjustable off the car, what's exactly involved in coverting it to on-car adjustable labor wise? By that I mean if one is to get them converted, I assume it'd also be the best time to do any sort of revalving? I've been a fan of the Yellows/GC setup for years, but I chickened out partially because the rears are nonadjustable on car.
yudalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:24 AM   #65
DSPro

DSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the rough
RYO R-II Himax Dampers. By far the best setup I have ever run. Damping is great, they've EXTEREMELY durable, easily overhauled, and they're well built here in Japan. Ryo-san brought the experts from advantage in to create the perfect oil for them.

I've been putting a set through hell for over a year now and haven't had one problem. And by hell I mean 5-6 hour of constant drifting once or twice a week at Bihoku Highlands.
DSPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:37 PM   #66
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by yudalicious View Post
A quick question that I'm sure Wiisass will answer, the off the shelf Koni yellows are only adjustable off the car, what's exactly involved in coverting it to on-car adjustable labor wise? By that I mean if one is to get them converted, I assume it'd also be the best time to do any sort of revalving? I've been a fan of the Yellows/GC setup for years, but I chickened out partially because the rears are nonadjustable on car.
I'm sure Wiisass will agree: once your rears are set correctly, there's virtually no need to adjust them. However, they CAN be made externally adjustable, I'm just not sure what's involved or the cost (just revalving is in the $160 range). Your best bet would be to ask a company that does a lot of work with Koni, like TrueChoice or TC Kline (not sure if they do non-BMW though) if they can make a bolt-on setup to your spec.

The other option is to run Koni 8610 or 8611's in custom housings, which veilside180sx has been making. They're much beefier shocks, and once your custom setup is made, the modular design makes for easy repair/ replacement.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:39 PM   #67
Wiisass
Zilvia Junkie

Wiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
Yes, I agree with what AceinHole said. I also think a non-adjustable shock is just fine for 90% of the people out there. Of course, this means a properly valved and matched to the setup, non-adjustable damper.

But I'm not sure what's involved, I haven't messed around enough with the Koni's or taken them apart, so I'm not as familiar with their internals. But call around and find out what it would cost to make them externally adjustable and if a revalving could be done for little extra at that point.

Tim
DriftAssNation
Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #68
sl4ck3r

sl4ck3r is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like to get started in autocross and am looking for a good suspension setup.. I'm looking to spend ~1500 give or take a couple hundred. what would be your suggestions?

Thanks for the help and information.
sl4ck3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #69
mmdb
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
mmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceInHole View Post
You forgot to post about stuff that actually works.

High end:
Ohlins/ JRZ/ Penske: Currently no off the shelf model. Not expecting 240 owners to look towards these anyways as they: a. actually work, and b. actually cost money. Ohlins did bolt on stuff for the S13 and S14, not available in the US, though.
Dunno if this has been mentioned within the post, but called AMS today and apparently they do have Ohlins made for the s14. From what I was told they're both compression and rebound adjustable. Cost is ~3200 or so. On the side note I was told Ohlins are designed for high speed dampening, which could be undesirable for certain setups.
mmdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #70
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
I recently installed my sustec pro sevens. Just looking at them you can tell they are very high quality.... Very beefy and solid. Although once I installed them they are pretty bouncy but I havent had any chance to adjust them at all....once I get a chance I can get a better sense of how they handle. The only thing I can say Im not neccessarily a fan of is the manual adjustment knobs....they kind of just sit on the top of the valve and seem like they could just fall off very easily
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #71
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
oiy.

everything and anything can look "beefy" and "solid". Such non-value-added words
Old 11-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #72
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4ck3r View Post
I would like to get started in autocross and am looking for a good suspension setup.. I'm looking to spend ~1500 give or take a couple hundred. what would be your suggestions?

Thanks for the help and information.
You're going to want to do some reading my friend. This thread and and "is ground control suspension worth it?" in the tech section are full of good info.

I'll give you the basics: Koni shocks with Ground Control sleeves and some form of top mount.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #73
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo711 View Post
You're going to want to do some reading my friend. This thread and and "is ground control suspension worth it?" in the tech section are full of good info.

I'll give you the basics: Koni shocks with Ground Control sleeves and some form of top mount.
For the price range he's looking at, he might be able to get a set of 8610's with custom housings from veilside180sx. They're valved more towards race springs, and can handle up to something like an 800lb/in spring (roughly 14.3kg/mm).
Old 11-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #74
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
for 1500?

really....
Old 11-14-2007, 11:18 AM   #75
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
I scored a used set (all four) of S14 adjustable ohlins coilovers from some fly-by-night Canadian importer on E-bay. They were a bit beat up, so before even installing them I shipped them off to Ohlins USA last week, for a rebuild, and replacement of whatever is needed. They came with some mystery Rs*R springs, and I've asked Curtis over there at Ohlins USA in SC to measure their rates for me and also to find out what the spring rates are that Ohlins reccomends for these. He told me that he can order a new set for me any day of the week for about $3000.

MMDB, what did you mean by, "Ohlins are designed for high speed dampening."

All dampers have specific characteristics at both low and high speed movements. Ohlins has become well known for their advancements in digressive valving technology.

How could this, "be undesirable for certain setups"?

Are you refering to a drag race set-up?
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:45 PM   #76
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

hijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
The quality isn't necessarily directly proportional to the price.
Also, there are other things to consider, such as warranty, support for rebuilds in the U.S., and etc.
Very true. It'd be nice to list the manufacturers that actually give stateside support. I only know (and correct me if I'm wrong):

Stateside support:

Greddy
Tein
KTS
K-Sport
PowerMax
Megan
Buddy Club

People are welcome to add on to that, or subtract, just thought it'd be a good list for the ultra n00bs....

And I also agree that price doesn't always determine quality. There are a lot of companies now that seem to be manufacturering their own coilovers, not so well known so they're slightly less expensive, but still decent quality.

Don't worry, it's legit: Review (Thanks Mike)
hijack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #77
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Regarding the 8610s, you can register on nissanroadracing.com and read in the dampers/springs forum to find the prices on the setup. With spherical bearing camber plates front and rear, a ground control setup all around, the front and rear brackets, and the dampers themselves, it comes to around $2100 I believe. However, by running stock upper mounts, finding the GC setup used, etc., you could cut that price by quite a bit.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #78
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoOfSilence View Post
oiy.

everything and anything can look "beefy" and "solid". Such non-value-added words
trust me if you pick up a set of pro sevens you can see the overall good craftmanship....appearance does count for something, you can usually tell quality vs. crap just by looking at it

and i also adjusted the damping on my sevens and there is such a huge difference now, they ride so nice
Old 11-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #79
vw_nissan
Zilvia Member

vw_nissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastS14 View Post
trust me if you pick up a set of pro sevens you can see the overall good craftmanship....appearance does count for something, you can usually tell quality vs. crap just by looking at it

and i also adjusted the damping on my sevens and there is such a huge difference now, they ride so nice
Really interested in how these compared to Koni's
vw_nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #80
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
i dont know how well this thread works.
i mean all i got out of the first post is the prices...
i can see the prices at any website.

any real useful info is scattered and everyones opinion is different about them, so that doesnt really help either

i dont know how to fix this dilemma, but its something to consider
maybe compare spring rates or warrentys, idk

DriftUtah | UtahNissans | MySpace | I <3 Drifting. Keep it Real.
Secret Society
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 AM   #81
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, spring rates = 8k F 6k R for a good 90% of coilovers out there for these cars. Clearly, there's lots of careful, independent R&D going into the design of each product.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:40 AM   #82
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
question about K-sport,
on first page it shows
Ksport Kontrol drift as (cheaper but good coilover)
and also
Kontrol (alone)as one of the crappy stuff..
is Kontrol drift the same as Kontrol Pro that is sold all over Egay?
Old 11-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #83
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

hijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy View Post
this is a good guide as to prices, but doesn't really get into the meat of what makes one coilover better than another (all other options being equal)... the shock.
You're absolutely right... When I'm shopping for coilovers I like to know:
  • Is there stateside support?
  • A warranty?
  • Longevity? How long can I expect them to last?
  • How adjustable is this? 18-way? 32-way? 1,003,422-way?
  • Ride quality?
  • How's the design of the coilover? Does it allow for proper adjustments to be made without hassle?
  • Pillow ball mounts?
  • Possible resale value?
I think the OP had a good start... No one really reviewed their coilovers like he asked though... but there are just tons more questions that need to be answered..

Don't worry, it's legit: Review (Thanks Mike)
hijack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #84
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

sustec pro sevens
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/SEVEN.asp

TEAS controller
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/TEAS.asp

expect to pay about $2500 for the combo

in any case its hard to compare all coilovers anyway since anyone who's running a particular set will most likely like them to some extent or else they wouldnt have em. In all reality it only matters so much since you will never know the difference anyway as most of us will never have the chance to ride in a car with every coilover. I recommend getting something with a decent amount of features in your price range that will serve what you intend to do with your car well...if people can share experiences like "oh mine broke after a month and it took for ever to get a rebuild" or 'ive never had a problem with these" that would help but just saying what you do or do not like only helps a little
Old 11-20-2007, 12:51 AM   #85
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Any thoughts on these?
http://www.peak-performance.net/content/view/192/58/
"Peak coils made by AST.
Compression Adjustment - 10 position
Rebound Adjustment - Infinite Adjustment 3.5 turns
Helper or Tender Spring included
Top pillow mount included
Different spring rates and valving can be ordered to fit your driving needs."

Rebound/compression/height adjustable + custom valving/spring rates sounds pretty good. No clue on the price, though.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:55 AM   #86
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
I scored a used set (all four) of S14 adjustable ohlins coilovers from some fly-by-night Canadian importer on E-bay. They were a bit beat up, so before even installing them I shipped them off to Ohlins USA last week, for a rebuild, and replacement of whatever is needed. They came with some mystery Rs*R springs, and I've asked Curtis over there at Ohlins USA in SC to measure their rates for me and also to find out what the spring rates are that Ohlins reccomends for these. He told me that he can order a new set for me any day of the week for about $3000.

MMDB, what did you mean by, "Ohlins are designed for high speed dampening."

All dampers have specific characteristics at both low and high speed movements. Ohlins has become well known for their advancements in digressive valving technology.

How could this, "be undesirable for certain setups"?

Are you refering to a drag race set-up?
how much is the rebuild costing you?
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:17 AM   #87
Aoshi112
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Aoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aoshi112
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Any thoughts on these?
"Peak coils made by AST.

Rebound/compression/height adjustable + custom valving/spring rates sounds pretty good. No clue on the price, though.
These sound pretty interesting. I just did a bit of research on AST themselves and it seems the founder used to work for Koni for 35 years. The AST UK website has AST Sportline 1s for s13s listed at 795 English Pounds. Probably safe to say these Peak Performance coils are going to cost a pretty penny of at least $1500 or more? Definitely sounds nice though.

-Jason
Aoshi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 AM   #88
ChingSR20
Leaky Injector

ChingSR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Company:Nex
Model:GT
Review:Pretty good suspension i got from one of my sponsors so i cant complain.
I had it for a year now and nothing has gone wrong with them, Though one of my friends picked up a set and one of the struts were already blown, but they sent him a new set that was fine.
They are a really stiff suspension even on the softest setting and there is
very little body roll. I use this on my DD and I track the car at least twice a week. Id suggest this to someone that is on a budget but I personally would want to try some of the better known brands with better features.
ChingSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:58 AM   #89
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki_s14 View Post
how much is the rebuild costing you?
I'm not sure yet. I shipped them out 11 days ago, since then I have written an e-mail and called, but I havn't had a response, and got an answering machine saying that they were busy doing stocking or some b/s. I wrote Ohlins USA to make sure that they could still get all the parts before I shipped them out. They basically said absolutely, there's just going to be a wait while the float over from japan. I didn't even bother asking about price, I picked them up used for $650 in pretty ruff shape and am just hoping the rebuild and parts come in under a grand. I'll post more when I have Ohlins actual price break down and hourly rate.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:33 AM   #90
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Any thoughts on these?
"Peak coils made by AST.

I don't get it. I click on the AST coils, and then it shows me KW's?

There are no AST coils for the S-chassis on that site. However, they do make dampers for the S13 and S14, but only in the Sport Line 1 kits, which don't come with top mounts. They are very high-quality dampers.

AND I have just confirmed that AST also manufactures the Topline Aragosta coilovers I keep talking about. So that means high-quality monotube shocks in a pre-assembled coilover form. Best of both worlds if you ask me. They are available from SPLparts.
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/73...o-s-tunes.html

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote