Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #121
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
nosajton is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
if emanage cannont communicate with the ecu, the ecu is in fail safe mode.. let me know if the check engine light is on. also make sure the knob on the ecu is turned all the way counterclockwise also was the ecu jumper cj1 switched to cj2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockogtr View Post
so i got my car was all set to get dyno'd today but my ecu was a lil messed up ...so i couldnt get any #'s yet , it was real rough on the start up then idle down a lil bit but kept bucking, it was real rich and the e manage couldnt comunicate with the ecu we took 50 % w/ no change ,i ve emailed jason and am trying to solve the problem but no luck yet..ill keep everyone updated to see how the tune works
nosajton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2007, 05:27 AM   #122
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Rockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rockogtr
ya the jumper is moved to cj2 and ill check the knob...
Rockogtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #123
RedlineRacer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
RedlineRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to RedlineRacer Send a message via AIM to RedlineRacer
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Wow, so you're just totally ripping off enthalpy's name? No where in your ad do you say it's not an Enthalpy tune.

I still haven't seen where you have shown the work you put into these maps. Still sounds like you are just Map Scaling a tune you copied from Enthalpy or eccs.hybridka.com
It says this right in the description, "This auction is for a E~mance tuned ecu. These ecu's are comparable to the big guys that charge $500-600! you get the hype, without paying the price. no more $500-600!"
RedlineRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #124
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

Rockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the rough
so i turned the knob counter clock wise and disconnected the e manage ...turned the key and the idle didnt even get to a 1000 rpm and then backfired and died, i thought i blew something it was so loud, any more idea's jason ??i was hoping to drive it to a meet this weekend but its not looking good
Old 06-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #125
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
so i turned the knob counter clock wise and disconnected the e manage ...turned the key and the idle didnt even get to a 1000 rpm and then backfired and died, i thought i blew something it was so loud, any more idea's jason ??i was hoping to drive it to a meet this weekend but its not looking good
i just shipped you out a new daughterboard and chips

lets see if this helps. if it does just send the old one back to me
Old 06-07-2007, 12:15 AM   #126
Josh K.
Leaky Injector

Josh K. is an unknown quantity at this point
after multiple issues (not related to the tune) I finally got my car running good.

20psi on a FP Big28 and it rips.

I do have some stuttering at full boost but I'm sure its my plugs.

I'll have a dyno sheet asap.

Thanks for everything Jason, your topnotch and have been very helpful.

A+++++
Josh K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:00 AM   #127
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

what gap are you running? at 20psi you should be around 0.24 gap for your boost level so you dont get spark blowout. in my ka-t i run 0.20 gap at 29psi w/no spark blowout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh K. View Post
after multiple issues (not related to the tune) I finally got my car running good.

A+++++
Old 06-10-2007, 12:45 AM   #128
Josh K.
Leaky Injector

Josh K. is an unknown quantity at this point
can you gap the iridiums?
Josh K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:43 AM   #129
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
can you gap the iridiums?
sure can, i got iridium ix in my car right now

the way you gap iridiums is you put the gapper in the plug and bend the ground while the gapper is in there

it is a pita but it works
Old 06-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #130
toledo240
Zilvia Member

toledo240 has a little shameless behavior in the past
i also will be running my fp28 around 18-20 psi.. i got my chip in there and its really running hella rich... than again i dont know what the hell im doing with a safc so once i get back from vacation ill let you guys know some numbers i pull out on a dyno and fine tuned.

Quote:

A+++++
toledo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #131
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Got my chip from this guy, still haven't had time to check it out though.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #132
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo240 View Post
i also will be running my fp28 around 18-20 psi.. i got my chip in there and its really running hella rich... than again i dont know what the hell im doing with a safc so once i get back from vacation ill let you guys know some numbers i pull out on a dyno and fine tuned.
turn it down a little on the safc. at 20psi i rather tune on the rich side than the lean if you know what i mean
Old 06-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #133
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

got the new board installed , the idle got better but dies after the idle comes down ... im still trying to figure out... but i might just say fuck it and use the e-manage
Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 PM   #134
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
got the new board installed , the idle got better but dies after the idle comes down ... im still trying to figure out... but i might just say fuck it and use the e-manage

do you have access to a wide band so i can see some afrs? how does it run off of idle?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #135
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
I have a few questions:

-It looks like you can't tune on S14's? I have an OBDII car so would that make me out of the loop as far as an alternative to JWT's $600 tag for a reflash?
-Is this a simple 'remove chip and install new chip' type thing after your work was performed? Kind of like the older Chevy's that Superchips makes for them. We wouldn't have to keep shipping the ECU back to you for re-tunes, would we? This would make it easy for future upgrades.
-Your work looks like it all fits in the O.E. computer case, correct?
-Will the MIL work normally? What about the OBDII data port if you can tune '96-up cars?
-How much, roughly, would a tune cost and a re-tune after your initial tune was completed? (You can PM the rough price if you want to keep it quiet).
-You can tune N/A and run pump gas, right? I see a lot of E85 and turbo talk.
-Is there any way you could make an option to place a sticker on the ECU and/or give a paper saying what work was performed for what mods to what car? This would make me feel much better about a tune knowing that the computer will work for 'X' mods.
-What kinda gas mileage loss in incurred? I know it will be lower since you're richening the mixture up.
-We send you our ECU, you send us another, correct? Do you make stock chips to plug in for smog? Call it a smogging chip if you will.
-Lastly, how do the options work (as far as A/C, C/C, etc.) after a re-flash?

This sparks my interest since I hear a lot of talk about my Honda friends getting chipped and socketed ECU's. I wanna have a ECU to match my modifications, too!

Last edited by Pacman; 06-15-2007 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: More questions
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:23 AM   #136
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Who gives a flying fuck??? What is this thread about?
If businesses are reputable, people say good things, if people say bogus shit they start asking questions in threads like this....

Gabe Z taught me ROM tune knowledge comes free. You can copy maps and all that bullshit, all it comes down to is does it work???? There is no copyright to engine management rom tunes. Take what you will at some ones discretion or learn to tune it your self for under $100 in software/hardware, and chips.

What the fuck is the point to this B.S????
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:25 AM   #137
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajton View Post
do you have access to a wide band so i can see some afrs? how does it run off of idle?
no wideband ...not till im on the rollers...when it was @ the shop they had one but now the cars back home and i cant drive it anywhere
Old 06-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #138
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Chris, when i receieved your ecu, i noticed there was some corrosion on the bottom of the board. like i mentioned to you in emails this is something that happends to circuit boards that have been exposed to high heat/high humidity or water.

when i tuned your ecu, i hookd it up to my computer to make sure there are no short circuits, it passed.

but when you receieved it, the injector was not firing, so you sent it back, i offered to look at it.
From a professional stand point why didn't you contact the buyer about the problems with the board and discuss that the board would need to be replaced with a new one??? They do make board replacements it's not that hard to explain the situation. The buyer has to assume responsibility that he is getting a "like new" product with the tune. It only adds to the reputation of the seller to do something right the first time. If you notice corrosion you should contact the buyer immediately explaining a new board would be needed.
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:56 PM   #139
nelson8708

nelson8708 is making a name for him/her selfnelson8708 is making a name for him/her self
Thumbs down

Quote:
all of my tunes are done by me. not another source. i have learned from some of the best tuners, but it is my original work.
That is not true. I purchased a tune from you for the sohc ka and it is identical to the develish stage 3 N/A tune on the hybridka forum. I paid 50$ for something i already had for free. Wont make that mistake agian. Copied his tune and sold it as your own.....
Old 06-16-2007, 09:21 PM   #140
KawBoy
Zilvia Member

KawBoy is making a name for him/her selfKawBoy is making a name for him/her self
OUCH!

LOL.. good read
KawBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #141
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVinnie View Post
From a professional stand point why didn't you contact the buyer about the problems with the board and discuss that the board would need to be replaced with a new one??? They do make board replacements it's not that hard to explain the situation. The buyer has to assume responsibility that he is getting a "like new" product with the tune. It only adds to the reputation of the seller to do something right the first time. If you notice corrosion you should contact the buyer immediately explaining a new board would be needed.
I did contact the buyer.

the buyer had someone from ebay send me an ecu to me, i contacted buyer and let him know it had corrosion and explained i was going to try and clean it up but it was pretty bad.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #142
KawBoy
Zilvia Member

KawBoy is making a name for him/her selfKawBoy is making a name for him/her self
What about the whole taking a map from a forum thing?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #143
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson8708 View Post
That is not true. I purchased a tune from you for the sohc ka and it is identical to the develish stage 3 N/A tune on the hybridka forum. I paid 50$ for something i already had for free. Wont make that mistake agian. Copied his tune and sold it as your own.....

there was one tune over 18 months ago that a collegue of mine said he made for the sohc. devious brought it to my attention that it resembled his tune and we immediately cut ties with that person and stopped selling that tune.

you can even ask devious about this. this is old news.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #144
ZenkiSX

ZenkiSX is an unknown quantity at this point
The site says that you guys have eveything we need for the ECU. So do we still have to send you guys a ECU or do you guys supply the ECU?
ZenkiSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #145
KawBoy
Zilvia Member

He just sends the chips and you solder it yourself.. or you could send it to him and he could have it done for extra
Old 06-21-2007, 05:31 PM   #146
Afliction523

Afliction523 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiSX View Post
The site says that you guys have eveything we need for the ECU. So do we still have to send you guys a ECU or do you guys supply the ECU?
Jason does have options.
1) Plug and Play tuned ECU all ready to go(no down time)
2) Just the chips (you get a daughter board yourself and do all the work)
3) Send him a ECU and he will send it back already chipped and ready to go.

I went with step one since I am impatient. BTW 1000miles problem free other than my own small mistakes, nothing wrong with the tune so far.
Afliction523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #147
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

i still cant get my rom tune working so im just gonna tune it with my e manage ... hey jason any refunds ??
Old 06-23-2007, 05:25 PM   #148
nasx
Leaky Injector

nasx is making a name for him/her selfnasx is making a name for him/her self
So can you tune so an SR20det with an SC61 (maybe sc67), BC stage 3 cams, Greddy intake on 1000cc MSD injectors and Z32 maf?
Guessing an 8500rpm redline and 25+ psi on race gas.

Not looking to get maximum power out of the combo but need a descent tune that wil allow me to have fun without risking my built motor until I get an AEM
nasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #149
ZenkiSX

ZenkiSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Price went up for the ECU tune on ebay. About the same price as Redline tune now.
ZenkiSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:43 PM   #150
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
why are you guys running AFCs?

Throw them away.

If Jason is offering legitimate tuning services he should be able to tune safely and your AFC will do nothing positve but offset timing curves.

Jason, tell them to dump the AFC's. Maybe we can get a better idea of how well your services are simply in the Tuned ECU's capability to match output and their different set-ups.