Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-24-2007, 05:24 AM   #1
street240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
street240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Emance Rom Tune Answers

There has been some speculation surrounding Emance performance rom tunes. I am referring to this thread-http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=140162-. I said that I would contact the tuner bring him (he was actually a member) on here to clear up some misconceptions and answer Zilvia member questions. I get tired of reading posts from people who have not even tried one. Feel free to fire off any questions you guys may have on the Rom tunes in question.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:29 AM   #2
street240
Zilvia Junkie

street240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nice
1.why are the rom tunes so cheap?
2.have your tunes been dyno or at least knock tested?
3.what do you wot afrs look like?
4.anyone you have tuned for that we might know?
5.what setups can you tune for?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
nosajton is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hello, this is Jason, owner of Emance LLC.

I see you have a few questions in reguards to our tunes.

1. You ask why the tunes are so cheap? i ask why does everyone else charge so damn much?? i suppose if you want to spend $500 you could, but i am not trying to make a million dollars, i am trying to help the poor 240 owners which i was when i first started on my 240 in college at 19.

2. Yes our tunes have been tested on dyno and or wideband. we also have knock lights installed on cars we tune to make our base tunes.

3. a/f's are around 14.5 (loopback mode) on idle and at WOT they are around 11.5-11.8 (you can customize this)

4. I dont know if they are on zilvia, but i have tuned for a lot of local people to me in san diego, in fact, if anyone reading this lives in san diego, i'd show them my tune, we could install one in their car for a very low cost as long as they wrote a report here on zilvia.

5. I have tuned very high compression ka's, sr20det redtop/blacktops, z32 na and tt, and my personal favorate KA-T. if anyone also lives local to san diego, i can show how well the tunes work on my 500whp ka-t. just converted it to E85, man does that fuel love timing!

so in short, if you are trying to tune a common turbo setup sr20 or ka-t, i can tune for most turbos as long as they have a compressor map, i have successfully tuned for up to 100lb injectors. as long as you have an s13 or at least a conversion harness for s14/s15 to run a s13 ecu (i have a write up how to make one), you can take advantage of my tunes.

hope this helps you guys out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by street240 View Post
1.why are the rom tunes so cheap?
2.have your tunes been dyno or at least knock tested?
3.what do you wot afrs look like?
4.anyone you have tuned for that we might know?
5.what setups can you tune for?
nosajton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:34 AM   #4
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Are you tuning SOHC Ka-ts?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor View Post
Are you tuning SOHC Ka-ts?
yes i do tune sohc ka-t's as a matter of fact my buddy is running one at the local scca. he's running a gt28rs and he's always in #1 or #2 place in his class. i think he drives crazy though
Old 04-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

timtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to timtiminy
Nosajton:
1)I am within driving distance of san diego. Could i possibly get a base tune for my setup from you then drive down there and have you fine tune my 240 on a dyno?
2)how much would you charge for something like this?
3)would you be able to fine tune, if I send you a dyno plot with air/fuel at a few different boost settings? I know this is something enthalpy offers.
4)I have heard that there is a possibiliy that your daughterboard quality is inferior to many other daughterboards. That it doesn't even have moisture protective coat and the circuit board is of cheap materials. This results in the cheap prices. Being able to do this for much cheaper because of the lack of quality in electronic components such as capacitors, resistors, and/or eeprom/flash chips. Is this just someones speculation or is there truth/partial truth in this statement? Tell us about the quality of the hardware of your system.

Thank you!
timtiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

1) 2) I pm'd you about getting your car tuned by us.
3) yes, if you have a dyno plot/sheet it will greatly help us.
4) our daughterboards have a life expectancy of 10 years, per manufacture.

anyhow, i warranty your tune for the life of it. if anything happends, i will fix it for free. there are no resistors on our daughterboards. the capacitors we use are Kemet and are known for their superior components. our chips are texas instruments the best out there. the flash chips are amtel or sst just to clear up the 'speculation' this statement is nonsense, whoever is telling you our quality is poor really does not know much about electronics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtiminy View Post
Nosajton:
1)I am within driving distance of san diego. Could i possibly get a base tune for my setup from you then drive down there and have you fine tune my 240 on a dyno?
2)how much would you charge for something like this?
3)would you be able to fine tune, if I send you a dyno plot with air/fuel at a few different boost settings? I know this is something enthalpy offers.
4)I have heard that there is a possibiliy that your daughterboard quality is inferior to many other daughterboards. That it doesn't even have moisture protective coat and the circuit board is of cheap materials. This results in the cheap prices. Being able to do this for much cheaper because of the lack of quality in electronic components such as capacitors, resistors, and/or eeprom/flash chips. Is this just someones speculation or is there truth/partial truth in this statement? Tell us about the quality of the hardware of your system.

Thank you!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #8
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Nosa PM me about a KAET rom tune
Old 04-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #9
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
What type of dyno are you using?

Can you tune 8 bit ecu's like the ca18det?

Can you change coil dwell time?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:02 PM   #10
street240
Zilvia Junkie

Im looking at a tune for sr/z32/740/2871 combo. Is that one supported and can you tune for s3 cams?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:49 PM   #11
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
What type of dyno are you using?

Can you tune 8 bit ecu's like the ca18det?

Can you change coil dwell time?
sure can tune ca18det. what code ecu you got?

yes we can change coil dwell time but we dont really recommend playing with it too much because you can burn your coil
Old 04-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by street240 View Post
Im looking at a tune for sr/z32/740/2871 combo. Is that one supported and can you tune for s3 cams?
do you have a dyno chart for the s3 cams? i am sure i can tune for it.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #13
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

timtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the rough
nosajton, Thanks for the pm, i will be getting back to you shortly. thanks for answering all my questions and being forward about everything. I think you will be a great asset to the zilvia.net community. Thanks for coming on here and answering questions and whatnot. pm sent
Old 04-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #14
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is this the same as the Eformance that is advertised on ebay?

if so, i have an ECU being done by them right now..
Old 04-26-2007, 04:12 PM   #15
street240
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah it is the same guy
Old 04-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #16
P10

P10 can only hope to improve
So yesterday Jason came out to my house to tune my KA, a '91 n/a setup inside a '71 Datsun 510. I actually didnt hear about him here or at ka-t.org but emailed him off of Craigslist (I could tell from the KA parts he was selling that he was not a 'normal' 240 guy).

This guy is easily the most knowledgeable KA tech I've ever met. I had a few ghetto-rig problems, he diagnosed, pinpointed and fixed before even getting started on the actual tune. I don't have the most exciting setup, just headers, intake and full exhaust, but he did what he needed to do, and now? Engine purrs perfectly, as far as power and torque, definitely noticed a difference in almost any situation, street or freeway. He even accepted my core ecu, which had old Pokez salsa spilled on it ().

If you're a local and he's got the time, you'd be stupid to not have him tweak your rig. Thanks again Jason! And BTW, after riding with you in your beast of a 240, I gotta say it's faster than a motherfucker. Easily would take my roommates 2006 STI, which is both hilarious and sad.
P10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #17
street240
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for the update. Everyone always forgets to report back.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #18
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Rockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rockogtr
i pm'd him about my set up and im waiting to hear back ...my stock turbo is out and by the weekend i should have the gt2871r in with the new mani and elbow all im gonna need is some injectors but im not sure if i should go with 740's or 650's...
Rockogtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:12 PM   #19
street240
Zilvia Junkie

You could do 650's, but if you go 740 they will most likely be the last set you ever buy.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #20
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Did you create the base tunes or did you get them from another source?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #21
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks Eric, I hope you enjoy your datsun! if/when you're ready to turbo it, give me a call, i'll hook you up. with that car you wont need a huge turbo. a nice sr t25 will get you about 280whp or t28 will get you past the 300 mark.

btw, just turned the boost up a little more on my 240. going to dyno it tomorrow. i'll post the results on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P10 View Post
So yesterday Jason came out to my house to tune my KA, a '91 n/a setup inside a '71 Datsun 510. I actually didnt hear about him here or at ka-t.org but emailed him off of Craigslist (I could tell from the KA parts he was selling that he was not a 'normal' 240 guy).

This guy is easily the most knowledgeable KA tech I've ever met. I had a few ghetto-rig problems, he diagnosed, pinpointed and fixed before even getting started on the actual tune. I don't have the most exciting setup, just headers, intake and full exhaust, but he did what he needed to do, and now? Engine purrs perfectly, as far as power and torque, definitely noticed a difference in almost any situation, street or freeway. He even accepted my core ecu, which had old Pokez salsa spilled on it ().

If you're a local and he's got the time, you'd be stupid to not have him tweak your rig. Thanks again Jason! And BTW, after riding with you in your beast of a 240, I gotta say it's faster than a motherfucker. Easily would take my roommates 2006 STI, which is both hilarious and sad.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #22
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

all of my tunes are done by me. not another source. i have learned from some of the best tuners, but it is my original work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Did you create the base tunes or did you get them from another source?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:22 PM   #23
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

i noticed you said your car is running off of E85. i know its just a matter of time before more of california gets that option. the closest e85 pump to me is in san diego. how much tuning needed to be done to run your car off of this stuff?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #24
grnappletree14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
grnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i just got my back, i couldnt even tell if it was tuned. i didnt get no sticker on the ecu telling the spec of the tune like other tuners i seen have done. i installed it on the car, it ran better before.
grnappletree14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #25
street240
Zilvia Junkie

What tune did you order and what tune did you have before?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #26
grnappletree14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
grnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
hey

this what i wanted done. i had nothing tune for my ecu yet this is my 1st tune. i sent him this list but i dont know exactly what he did. he never told me, im not sure if he went with my list

Injector Size 550cc Deutschwerks
Turbo T25 but I want to upgrade to a t28 so if u guys can tune it to work for both t25/t28
MAFS Q45 maf
Motor S13 redtop sr20det not sure what year
Rev Limit 7500RPM/ 8000RPM what is best for the redtop sr20det
Air/FuelRatio Will idle just like stock ecu: around 14 Wide open throttle: 12.0-12.5
Speed Limit Removed
Also I have a FMIC, bov, 3” downpipe, getting an exhaust soon. K&N racing sport air filter, walbro fuel pump , 87-91 gas, but usually im going to run 91 so add that, raise boost to like 10 psi im running 7 psi now.
grnappletree14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:26 PM   #27
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

i live 5 mins from that pump its 3.11 a gallon and it's 105 octane. i love it!

pretty much you need to run 30% more fuel across the board on the fuel map for e85 to work. it seems e85 loves timing too. my powerband is smooth as silk at 20+ psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtiminy View Post
i noticed you said your car is running off of E85. i know its just a matter of time before more of california gets that option. the closest e85 pump to me is in san diego. how much tuning needed to be done to run your car off of this stuff?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:31 PM   #28
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnappletree14 View Post
i just got my back, i couldnt even tell if it was tuned. i didnt get no sticker on the ecu telling the spec of the tune like other tuners i seen have done. i installed it on the car, it ran better before.
we dont put stickers to make it look stock. its the sleeper look.

i need more information why you say it does not run correctly, i stand by what i sell 100% and will fix it.

if it is running real crappy, the daughterboard may have came loose in transit. it happends. take the cover off and reseat the board.

as with any tune, it will run a little richer so you dont blow anything up.

hope this helps
Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 PM   #29
street240
Zilvia Junkie

sleep look under a kick panel?????
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 PM   #30
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

i just reviewed your bin i made for you.

it is tuned for the following:

sr20det, 550cc deatschwerks injectors, 7600rpm rev limit, no speed limit, q45 mafs, fuel/timing maps adjusted to 12psi (to be safe)

please email me, we'll get this right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnappletree14 View Post
this what i wanted done. i had nothing tune for my ecu yet this is my 1st tune. i sent him this list but i dont know exactly what he did. he never told me, im not sure if he went with my list

Injector Size 550cc Deutschwerks
Turbo T25 but I want to upgrade to a t28 so if u guys can tune it to work for both t25/t28
MAFS Q45 maf
Motor S13 redtop sr20det not sure what year
Rev Limit 7500RPM/ 8000RPM what is best for the redtop sr20det
Air/FuelRatio Will idle just like stock ecu: around 14 Wide open throttle: 12.0-12.5
Speed Limit Removed
Also I have a FMIC, bov, 3” downpipe, getting an exhaust soon. K&N racing sport air filter, walbro fuel pump , 87-91 gas, but usually im going to run 91 so add that, raise boost to like 10 psi im running 7 psi now.