Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Engine

Old 01-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
S.Milone
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (0)
S.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who needs Aluminum Overflow Tanks???

Ok so here is the deal. Other companies make overflow tanks but they are never in stock. Always a few months back order. We need them often and can't get them. We are wondering how many other people are interested in them. If there are enough people who want them we will start making them.

Just say what car you have an if you would want one. If there are enough of you we will start making these.

Thanks in Advance guys.
S.Milone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
any chance i can view ur design?

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
Jgrand03
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
is it actually going to fit also ive heard there was fittment problems with the circut sport and would the price be around the same for an s13 btw
Jgrand03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
Bubba
Zilvia Junkie

Bubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-known
Good idea...

The only fitment issue I have seen with the CS tank is the tabs bend a lil bit in shipping, but install fixes that. The other is the feed tube on the bottom, has to be bent upwards a little bit or it pinches the hose after a lil time with the vibrations.

Good luck with this idea, hope it works out for you.
I would be down but I only have one 240 and already bought the CS model.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
id buy one if it fit right. i would say relocate the feed tube, the placement on the CS tank blows.

i have a 180sx and id buy one if you made em...depending on your price of course.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
S.Milone
Zilvia.net Advertiser

S.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really niceS.Milone is just really nice
Well we won't make a crap part. We have a CNC machine and other machines available to make the parts right for quality control if that is what we need. It will be priced to compete. As far as design it will be designed to work well and fit well. What are you looking for in design now? Something that shines? Let me know.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
im just looking for something that looks good and at the same time doesnt crack like my piece of shit plastic tank already has. but it has to fit like OEM so it doesnt screw up anything else in the engine bay. i really like the design of the Circuit Sports tank, but that feed tube nipple placement sucks hard.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
sleepinsilvia23
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Would u be making two designs for s13 and s14 or something like that?
sleepinsilvia23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #9
S.Milone
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
im just looking for something that looks good and at the same time doesnt crack like my piece of shit plastic tank already has. but it has to fit like OEM so it doesnt screw up anything else in the engine bay. i really like the design of the Circuit Sports tank, but that feed tube nipple placement sucks hard.
We intend to make things fit very well.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #10
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

s13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to s13Dr1ft
As said by others, im interested in one that fits nice and doesnt have problems. Pricing?
Old 01-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #11
S.Milone
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepinsilvia23 View Post
Would u be making two designs for s13 and s14 or something like that?
The s13 for sure. If people with s14 are interested enough we will make them one too. We are also tossing the idea around about adding a radiator breathing tank to it as an option.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #12
CA18_S13
Zilvia Member

CA18_S13 is a well-known jackass
Would definitely buy if it wasn't priced as high as circuit sports and the fitments issues and feed tube issues were resolved.
CA18_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #13
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn@Rttuning View Post
Something that shines? Let me know.
I'd say keep it matte, or sandblasted finish

Polished looks a bit tacky (i.e imagine a big huge polished thing in a stock dirty engine bay), unless that's the theme of the engine bay

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #14
S.Milone
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post
I'd say keep it matte, or sandblasted finish

Polished looks a bit tacky (i.e imagine a big huge polished thing in a stock dirty engine bay), unless that's the theme of the engine bay

I agree with this. I wasn't sure what he was getting at though. I'm not big on polished. I'd like to do a bead blasted finish.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #15
andmattsayd
Zilvia FREAK!

andmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymore
yeeeahh if fitment its 2nd to none and if the price is amazing.
then....
sign me up for one!!! haha.
andmattsayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #16
sleepinsilvia23
Zilvia Member

sleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura about
If you made a cheap S14 one that took the factory spot place that kinda just kept a low profile and wasnt too flashy, Like black as said above i would be interested.

Another question, if you guys have all this equipment why dont u offer other pieces? y just the overflow tank?
sleepinsilvia23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #17
chuy
Zilvia Addict

chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
If you made a cheap S14 one that took the factory spot place that kinda just kept a low profile and wasnt too flashy, Like black as said above i would be interested.

Another question, if you guys have all this equipment why dont u offer other pieces? y just the overflow tank?
or at least the option.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #18
Thaiair
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
Thaiair is making a name for him/her selfThaiair is making a name for him/her selfThaiair is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sign me up for an S13 one. I can never find a replacement one in the junkyard.

I say a matte finish one like a spec says since i think would look better and probably keep the price reasonable for people here.
Thaiair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #19
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
s13, i'd get one. just leave it a finish that people can polish it if they desired.

idea - instead of using harsh corners such as the c.s., and a'pexi do, maybe have something thats got some curves too it.. granted it would be hard to reproduce each time, but just throwing around ideas..
Old 01-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #20
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Shawn,

I can send you the stock S14 one if need be. We can work out the details.

Carlos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #21
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
s13, i'd get one. just leave it a finish that people can polish it if they desired.

idea - instead of using harsh corners such as the c.s., and a'pexi do, maybe have something thats got some curves too it.. granted it would be hard to reproduce each time, but just throwing around ideas..
that would be cool. that blocky ass CS one does look kinda out of place. im down for whatever is easiest though.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #22
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i like the circuit sports one. make something similar with good fitment and a great price, and we're talking.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #23
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
I have a circuit sports one and if you can make it as good or better then theirs I will sell mine and buy yours.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #24
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA18_S13 View Post
Would definitely buy if it wasn't priced as high as circuit sports .......
Quote:
Originally Posted by andmattsayd View Post
yeeeahh if fitment its 2nd to none and if the price is amazing.
then....
sign me up for one!!! haha.
Quote:
If you made a cheap S14 one that took the factory spot place .....
The thing is, why would they spend the time to make one that fits perfectly, just to sell it at a cheap price? Time is money. If any of you think that the CS is overpriced, then this might not be the right item for you. I personally think the CS, is very reasonable, considering a new oem plastic one runs 70 bucks. If the pricing were a little more than the CS one, but had none of the stated issues I would be in for one.
Oh, and remember Logan's quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post
Make sure you don't confuse perceived demand with actual buyers
You should do a group buy, or pay first, when the prototype is done, to see what the true demand is.

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #25
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
id be interested in an s14 version with the built in breather but not so much in any others
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #26
s14sport
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
s14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
im also interested in S14 version of this too. definately in another color besides polished chrome blingatite. most likely bead blasted or flat black or something.
s14sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #27
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyRat View Post
The thing is, why would they spend the time to make one that fits perfectly, just to sell it at a cheap price? Time is money. If any of you think that the CS is overpriced, then this might not be the right item for you. I personally think the CS, is very reasonable, considering a new oem plastic one runs 70 bucks. If the pricing were a little more than the CS one, but had none of the stated issues I would be in for one.
Oh, and remember Logan's quote:

You should do a group buy, or pay first, when the prototype is done, to see what the true demand is.
Well said. I agree, don't do it solely on "demand". Make people actually pay up first (of course, pending pics of the design/prototype)
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #28
dropemlow
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (1)
dropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i need a s13 one right now. so if your going to make this lets get it on the ball. if not im going to buy a cs one. and also would like to know a price and pic.
dropemlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #29
S.Milone
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:

We intend on making other parts as well and have ideas. What other peices are you interested in? If it is something worth making to us we will do it.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #30
lonelydrifter
Zilvia Member

lonelydrifter is making a name for him/her selflonelydrifter is making a name for him/her self
I would buy one no doubt about it!!
lonelydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote