Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Any aftermarket radiators for auto s14 ka's

I see koyos are only for mt, but if you get a seperate trans cooler your okay. I was wondering if there are any out there that exceed oe...not like the koyo replacement, but all aluminum with the cooler built in.

Thanks for any links
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2008, 06:56 AM   #2
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I got a koyo for a KA used but do dents or bent fins, $100
Old 08-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13pignose View Post
I see koyos are only for mt, but if you get a seperate trans cooler your okay. I was wondering if there are any out there that exceed oe...not like the koyo replacement, but all aluminum with the cooler built in.

Thanks for any links
No one makes a high performance replacement. Just add an external cooler, it's simple since the hoses are right there.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
No one makes a high performance replacement. Just add an external cooler, it's simple since the hoses are right there.
^^^^ That really is your best bet.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to WoolyS14DET
Just by a MT Koyo and put your own cooler on it !!
WoolyS14DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
i got one dude....
Old 08-07-2008, 08:05 AM   #7
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks but not really looking to purchase right away, but something I wanted to look into. I was wondering though, do the koyo replacements offer any better cooling than stock, or is it just their all aluminum models that do? Cause I know that version is suppose to work with auto and manual.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
I was wondering though, do the koyo replacements offer any better cooling than stock, or is it just their all aluminum models that do?
This is arguable without concrete data, although generally larger radiators, esp. aluminium ones, tend to dissipate heat better than smaller radiators.

Quote:
Cause I know that version is suppose to work with auto and manual.
What version?

If you are auto, I recommend just getting an OEM replacement with auto cooler lines built in.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:39 AM   #9
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Not the full out racing one if thats what you wanna call it, I'm talking about the one with the plastic end tanks and aluminum core. I saw someone said copper transfer heat better, but the only copper model I saw was for sr.

I was looking at the aluminum one with the plastic end tanks, but wondering if it would be any better than stock. My rad is not broke, but I'm just wondering if the koyo replacement would cool better, if it's not the all aluminum version
Old 08-08-2008, 01:01 AM   #10
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
If you are auto, I recommend just getting an OEM replacement with auto cooler lines built in.
I wouldn't. Shit sucks at cooling the AT.

Get a M/T radiator and a Tranny Cooler kit. AT will last a lot longer.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:54 PM   #11
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks for the heads up
Old 08-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #12
dopeassjackson
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
dopeassjackson is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
an external cooler will cool better so get the MT rad.
dopeassjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #13
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I wouldn't. Shit sucks at cooling the AT.

Get a M/T radiator and a Tranny Cooler kit. AT will last a lot longer.
That's outside the scope of the OP's question:

Quote:
I was wondering if there are any out there that exceed oe...not like the koyo replacement, but all aluminum with the cooler built in.
Of course if you get a larger trans cooler than it will be better than OEM.

Pick your poison. Just make sure the installation is done correctly.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote