Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:42 AM   #61
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingiang View Post
u can get 3-350 with a s15 turbo
Brake HP at flywheel yes,

We have been able to hit 300 WHP on the dyno dynamics with teh S15 turbo and stock cams on S14 stock long block, with FMIC and Exhaust but the turbo was pretty close to maxing out.

I have seen some cars with head work, cams, standalone and S15 turbo making 330 whp on DD, and 355-360 on DJ but cars were running around 18 psi and had almost 18 hours of dyno tuning into them.

With enough fine tuning and money spent on tuning you can really push the limits of various setups But with fly by night and all the low balling and lack of money investing in these cars in the actual tuning of the EMS sometimes the real full potential is never met. gotta pay to play.

I think the 2871R is still the best option for a good bolt up 300-360 WHP turbo on pump gas with minimal EMS, ROM retuning for a street setup. With a little more time in tuning and Haltech or better EMS on a good dyno you can see upwards of 400 whp even on pump gas with the right boost and timing. Motor and everything needs to be in tip top mechanical condition though. Some of these container motors and even the rebuilt ones are just not put together as well as they could be, this will zap outputs and probably why from setup to setup with all the external mods being equal many cars have very different actual road power outputs.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #62
murffy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (44)
murffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
350hp

yup yup i would go with the disco potato, tomei cams , z32 maf ,550cc injectors, ss lines for turbo and a emanage ultimate in case you wanna change the settings and push 15 to 18psi and for sure u are going to get 350 disco potato spool up pretty quick the s15 t28 us legit but ur going to push its limit after 330 hp in my point of view good luck post up a dyno sheet once ur done bro
murffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #63
focused
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (2)
focused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to focused
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
Metal headgasket optional, most people who say the stock headgasket can't hold this boost haven't tried it.
I second that. Below is my setup:

Stock headstuds & head gasket.
GT28RS @ 14 psi
FMIC
3" Intake & Cone with Q45 MAF
550cc
Megan Exh. manifold, 3" outlet/downpipe/exhaust
SAFCII with a Mines ECU (meant for OEM injectors & boost with more timing)

Best dyno pull has been 272 whp.
I've had this setup for 2 years and have done at least 12 trackdays on it. I will say I feel limited by the SAFCII and want something with more adjustment but for the price it runs well.
focused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #64
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I have seen some cars with head work, cams, standalone and S15 turbo making 330 whp on DD, and 355-360 on DJ but cars were running around 18 psi and had almost 18 hours of dyno tuning into them.

With enough fine tuning and money spent on tuning you can really push the limits of various setups But with fly by night and all the low balling and lack of money investing in these cars in the actual tuning of the EMS sometimes the real full potential is never met. gotta pay to play.

I think the 2871R is still the best option for a good bolt up 300-360 WHP turbo on pump gas with minimal EMS, ROM retuning for a street setup. With a little more time in tuning and Haltech or better EMS on a good dyno you can see upwards of 400 whp even on pump gas with the right boost and timing. Motor and everything needs to be in tip top mechanical condition though. Some of these container motors and even the rebuilt ones are just not put together as well as they could be, this will zap outputs and probably why from setup to setup with all the external mods being equal many cars have very different actual road power outputs.
My gt28r setup put down 33~hp @ 18psi with stock cams, I backed it down to 14psi making 289hp and just kept on tweaking my tune. Every car is going to be different, picking a turbo then tuning it for performance is key, reliability comes after. For obvious reasons!
I think my engine has been beat to death and I believed I got my money's worth and that's why I decided to start pushing the envelope. Even before I put the 2560r on people kept telling me I needed a head gasket, and I wouldn't be able to make 300hp without cams, and I should just go t3 top mount and call it a day. Ok which t3 should I use and what kind of management to you recommend, They had no clue. So I said you want me to do a full rebuild for an 50 extra horse power? Lame's!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you don't rebuild or add a head gasket and studs cause I make my money this way, but research is not just reading what people recommend, but why they recommend. In my case If there is a problem, I what my head gasket to go first. If you need to know why you need to do more research!

So for the OP the best all around stock replacement turbo is the gt2871r. 64. with this turbo you still have options if you need to upgrade. Just with housing options you can add at least 50hp for compressor and another 50hp for exhaust est. and my understanding.
but none of it matters if there's no tuning! So on a decent running engine and minimal tuning and 17psi, z32mafs 555 or 650 injectors I'd say you'd have your 350 easy! I personally went with z32 and 850cc, and an external gate, but I'm not trying to limit myself to 350hp. I make that with the waste gate setting basically!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #65
sofargone561

Trader Rating: (0)
sofargone561 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just bought an s13 hatch with an sr20 black top in it. right now its stock ecu, stock turbo, upgraded 3'' dp, 3'' test pipe and 3'' exhuast, it has a big brakde hit, coil overs, anti sway bars, control arms, and so on, it has a 2 way lsd light weight flywheel and stage 2 clutch as well as hard motor and tranny mounts. the car has a huge fmic, upgraded radiator and line. stock turbo boosting 7psi. all new seals and rins basically rebuyilt motor with all owm parts. APR head studs, metal head gasket and brian crower stage 2 cams and a semi built head. I and looking for a solid 325 to like 350 at the wheels on a conservative tune and lower with the broadest more mid range power band possible the car is my DD right now. it is estiamted at around 250whp at the wheels right now. An suggestions on things to purchase now? i was thinking fuek punp (i htink it may be upgraded already id have to check) spark plugs, fuel injectors, turbo, BOV, and then a tune. It will be ran on 93 octance not 91 and not e85. as stated its my DD and the nearwest e85 stattions are about 40 miles away lol and suggestions. also how the hell do i get my A/C back into thr car =o its f***ing hot bro!
sofargone561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #66
Skreech_Powerz

Skreech_Powerz is an unknown quantity at this point
ok well im not that close to your goal hp, but you and i are running close to identical setups...

- Sr20det BlackTop
- Stock Internals
- Stock Ports
- Stock Head
- Stock Headgasket
- Isis Intake
- Apexi SAFCII
- Blitz DSBC (13psi)
- 80 Octane Gas (thats the best street gas in my country)
- EMUSA Intercooler
- Aluminum Intercooler pipes
- Topmount turbo mani
- T3/T4 77comp/64turb .57trim Turbo (spooles at 3k)
- 3inch Open Dump
- Stock ECU Chipped in Japan by Stream
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Stock 370cc Injectors
- XTD Stage3 Pressureplate
- GTR 6Puck Dubble sprung Friction disk
- XTD 12LB Flywheel

Dynoed 265hp easy shifting.. hard shifting 365HP..
Skreech_Powerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #67
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Old thread.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #68
Skreech_Powerz

Skreech_Powerz is an unknown quantity at this point
and i added to my setup

- Crower Valves
- Crower Titainium Springs
- Crower Valves
- Crower 264/264 Cams
- Port & polished chambers
- Matched ported the isis intake
- Supertech exhaust valve guides
.................................................. .................................................. ..................
Unfortunatly i couldnt redyno due to one of my piston rings going to hell.. so for now my car is just sitting in the garage as i build up the funds to build the block and go for harder internals.... going to shoot for 450-650HP for my Daily Driver/ Drift Bitch..
Skreech_Powerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #69
Mysterious Driver
Leaky Injector

Mysterious Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Mysterious Driver
I know this is a old ass post but i'm bringing it back for those in the future to have an idea what a T28 turbo can max out at.

I was able to get 292hp/320ftq @ 17psi on a S14 T28 turbo 93 octane pump gas, I been DD for 3 years now on this setup and super reliable and very fun on the streets.

My redtop motor is bone stock
External WG
550 Denso injectors
Z32 MAF
Enthalpy rom tune by Martin

I'm sure I could have hit the 300 mark with the S15 T28r turbo and quicker spool than my current setup but i'm not complaining. Hit full boost at 2800rpm which may seem a little high but i'm also on a journal bearing turbo which is very impressive for a S14 turbo.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:37 PM   #70
I Dont Drift

I Dont Drift is on a distinguished road
very awesome set ups! Can't wait for mine. i'm going with the gt28rs
I Dont Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:01 AM   #71
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Dont Drift View Post
very awesome set ups! Can't wait for mine. i'm going with the gt28rs
Why are you going 28RS? This is old tech. Update to the new GTX or EFR setups.