Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
ottamania

Trader Rating: (2)
ottamania is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
SR Greddy Intake Manifold install on SR20

I did a search on this but couldnt find any useful information. I ve been tryin to install it but I dont wanna connect something wrong. I already took out the stock manifold, fuel rail and the throttle bodynd all the hoses. Just need a good referance for the install. I would luv to find a good write up with pics... btw i got a rhd s13.

thnx
ottamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im also with you on this one, im installing mine today
ByeByeSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
jdm styles

jdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enough
any luck with your installs
jdm styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:01 AM   #4
alfredos13

alfredos13 is an unknown quantity at this point
That makes three of us. If you guys find any instructions please post
alfredos13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
brian m
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
brian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/211615...-write-up.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
god...... some of you guys suck some serious testicallage
brian m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
V8slayr
Leaky Injector

V8slayr is on the path to ruinV8slayr is on the path to ruin
I just installed my ISIS manifold and it was alot easier than I thought. I did it w/ the motor on a stand but it may be a bit tougher while the engine is in the car. If you already have everything disconnected it's pretty straight forward. Obviously swap the throttle body and IACV over to the new manifold. The only things that you need to re-route are the coolant lines to the IACV which is easily done w/ longer hoses. The other coolant lines that bolt to the block and head go back on as normal. You may also need to extend the coolant lines to the throttle body, but I chose to leave them off and bypass the coolant to the throttle body. As far as fuel lines to the rail, I haven't gotten there yet. But will just use longer fuel hose and route it as necessary. There should be some vacuum fittings also that go on the manifold under the throttle body and one or two on the back of the manifold. You will need to install the necessary fittings, the one on the back that runs to that line againts the firewall, and my ISIS manifold had plugs to block the holes that I didn't use. Hope this is of some help. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
V8slayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Also, good idea since you got the manifold off...check all the rubber coolant hoses underneat. If they look old/dry rotting, now is the time to replace them all.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
93 Sr Hatch

Trader Rating: (1)
93 Sr Hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8slayr View Post
I just installed my ISIS manifold and it was alot easier than I thought. I did it w/ the motor on a stand but it may be a bit tougher while the engine is in the car. If you already have everything disconnected it's pretty straight forward. Obviously swap the throttle body and IACV over to the new manifold. The only things that you need to re-route are the coolant lines to the IACV which is easily done w/ longer hoses. The other coolant lines that bolt to the block and head go back on as normal. You may also need to extend the coolant lines to the throttle body, but I chose to leave them off and bypass the coolant to the throttle body. As far as fuel lines to the rail, I haven't gotten there yet. But will just use longer fuel hose and route it as necessary. There should be some vacuum fittings also that go on the manifold under the throttle body and one or two on the back of the manifold. You will need to install the necessary fittings, the one on the back that runs to that line againts the firewall, and my ISIS manifold had plugs to block the holes that I didn't use. Hope this is of some help. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
is that manifold better than the greddy???
93 Sr Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #9
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian m View Post
That is a great writeup, thanks for the heads up!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
jdmboii310

jdmboii310 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey i used to own a honda civic and i upgraded to a stock 240 93 coupe and i had a sr20de swap and now its boosted with the greddy turbo kit i jus bought. im still kind of a noob on the sr so can u guys help me on where the lines go to like the line from the valve cover where does that end up to? because the godspeed intake manifold elimnated the two ports...
jdmboii310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:08 AM   #11
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Godspeed. There's your problem.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:23 AM   #12
jdmboii310

jdmboii310 is an unknown quantity at this point
It was free. So I didn't mind puttinng it on. I was goin to get the greddy.
jdmboii310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #13
Az240sxs13

Az240sxs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8slayr View Post
Hey what did you use has the nipples under the.manifold? Am stuck I cant find nipples anywhere. It would be so helpful thanks.
Az240sxs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
godspeed + florida =
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #15
sldwayz1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
sldwayz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
godspeed + florida =
This ^ guy from the state who tried to legalize gay marrage.... HOMO
Old 07-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az240sxs13 View Post
Hey what did you use has the nipples under the.manifold? Am stuck I cant find nipples anywhere. It would be so helpful thanks.
Home depot, Lowes or Ace hardware should have fittings.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #17
singlejzpower

singlejzpower is an unknown quantity at this point
great write up cant get much better!
singlejzpower is offline   Reply With Quote