Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 09-09-2015, 05:12 PM   #31
elixirvtec
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
elixirvtec will become famous soon enoughelixirvtec will become famous soon enoughelixirvtec will become famous soon enoughelixirvtec will become famous soon enoughelixirvtec will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to elixirvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Was on the phone with him since last week. A deposit soon after. Had my friend who is a very busy person tok time out of her schedule to check out the car for me. Been on the phone or text with the guy like 5 times a day since all of that. We had agreed on a price, I am in TX so I said I can wire transfer and he said no worries.

Last night he asks if there is any way I can get cash I told him I couldnt cause I am miles away and wouldnt be able to fly out or anything till next week (I own my own business and work for a corporation), he said to wire the money to his brothers. I said no worries last night at 9pm. Then this morning I am at the bank for like 3 hours with the notary to finish the bill of sale and then wire the money. Guy got all weird when the notary asked for his address even though I was wiring to his brothers account. Then all of a sudden his brother cant receive the wire, he cant, not good on paypal (i cover fees)...only cash.

Already had setup for him to drop off the car at my friends place about 20 miles from him and have the shipping company pick up from there in 3 days. All of a sudden dude returns my deposit and tells me cash only and that other people are flying out to him so I had to eat the shipping deposit and all of the time wasted. As a true enthusiast I wouldnt treat anyone like that once I had taken a deposit and had the person at the bank wasting their time. Literally only needed his address and the payment was going to be immediately wired to his brother. He then would have dropped it off tonight and transaction complete....my friend was handling shipping.

Sounded like a cool dude and enthusiast and everything went smooth but all of a sudden got shady once the legal document was ready to be finalized. I am not stupid enough to wire money over in that quantity without a legal bill of sale. Odd that direct wire which is an extremely secure money transferring method is no good once his address was in question. Whether or not the car is in good shape and he seemed nice the waste of time and money is horseshit.
sorry to hear about your bad experience. Sounds like a straight up asshole. But this wont keep him from selling the car. Its a well wanted vehicle. I wish he would at least respond to me. at least tell me there is a pending sale or something.
elixirvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #32
consynx

consynx is an unknown quantity at this point
He had a deposit, was supposed to know by yesterday if it was going to go through.

2much pretty more laid out the details behind that.

Seller will likely respond to local buyers first, then follow up with those who would drive/fly out.

It is a clean car. Definitely some slow/poor communication, but I am sure he's overloaded. In addition to legit buyers, you know he has people offering him 50% of his asking!
consynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:40 PM   #33
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Like I said I dont like bad mouthing people. If he would only entertain local offers then say that from day 1 and not waste peoples time. For all of the time wasted I could have figured out a flight out there by now but because everything seemed to be flowing I had no need to fly out and now work has caught up so that wouldnt occur till next week.

Again, clean car or not when serious business is occurring (deposit, legal tender, wire transfer literally waiting to hit send) you dont waste peoples time. As far as legit buyer....trust me there was no question I was ready to close the deal at 1pm today. If he didnt want to do serious business then dont waste my time and dont take my deposit...pretty reasonable expectation.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #34
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
man that blows, once a deposit has been accepted and a method of payment has been discussed you cant back out of a deal, no matter what. If your story is true, Im guessing that someone made him a better offer in cash, and he took it. Totally sucks
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:37 PM   #35
Jarom717
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jarom717 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dang makes me a little sick seeing something like this when I was in the market looking for a kouki a couple months ago. I settled for a silvermoss 98, clean car w/clean title. Virgin. Without sunroof. But autotragic. bought it for 8500) what can I say I got inpatient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Jarom717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #36
blur2324

blur2324 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarom717 View Post
Dang makes me a little sick seeing something like this when I was in the market looking for a kouki a couple months ago. I settled for a silvermoss 98, clean car w/clean title. Virgin. Without sunroof. But autotragic. bought it for 8500) what can I say I got inpatient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Did you pick that silver moss up from Nevada?
blur2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #37
Vidra
Leaky Injector

Vidra is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow this is getting interesting. I suppose I'll go ahead and share my story as well. I'm eastern time zone by the way.

I contacted the seller via text message last Friday (9/4) around midnight. He responded and said that the vehicle was still available. I texted him back stating that I'd like to place a deposit via PayPal on the vehicle immediately. The seller never responded and I followed up the next morning (9/5). After several texts/calls/and a voicemail, the seller finally responded at 5pm stating that the vehicle already had a deposit on it.

Naturally I was upset, but the seller explained that the first gentleman he had correspondence with ended up placing a deposit on the vehicle the previous night (9/4). Keep in mind that he texted me back at 11pm central time saying the vehicle was still available. So either that deposit was placed after 11pm central time, or there was something shady going on. The seller mentioned that the potential buying was due to come by Tuesday at 5pm central time to see the vehicle. I asked to be allowed to have second dibs but he never acknowledged my text.

I followed up on Monday reminding him that I'd like second dibs but still no response. Tuesday I called around noon and actually got ahold of him! He told me that he'd get back to me that evening on whether the car had been sold or not. Never heard from him that evening despite texting and calling him. Called him again the next day (Wednesday) and left a voicemail. Still nothing.....

All of this sounds extremely fishy though. Who the hell is old enough to buy a 1998 car new from the dealer, yet doesn't even have a simple checking account to receive a wire transfer??? He only sounded like 30 something years old, but of course that's merely speculation.
Vidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:25 AM   #38
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

^^^^ wow i sent my deposit to hold the car till it was checked out Tues 9/8 when my friend was back in town from business. No idea shit was going on in the background. Again buyer beware!

Last edited by 2muchboost; 09-10-2015 at 09:18 AM..
Old 09-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #39
RDrake
Leaky Injector

RDrake is an unknown quantity at this point
I did CarFax this car and everything did check out. Illinois car all its life. Mileage is on par. 1 owner. Basic oil change and inspections done. I can only assume he we overwhelmed with texts and calls to the point instead of giving someone "dibs" he took whoever had cash and had the free time to either fly out immediately or buy it locally.

@2muchboost- What did your friend say? did it check out? this thing looks wicked clean.
RDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #40
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Been reading new posts for the past few days..
Idk the owner or car but sounds like he just got in over his head.
He should have just asked around locally or listed to CL. The Zilvia swarm was probably unbearable.

But realistically if you were the seller;
Would you want to wait a week for someone to wire transfer a deposit and come from out of state to look at it and all that?
OR
Would you answer that dude who can be there with your asking price in cash within a half hour?

Like I said, he just shouldn't have listed here if he wasn't trying to ship it or deal with a lengthy sale.
Would have sold locally in the same amount of time without getting a bunch of people's hopes up for nothing.

This is why I never listed my coupe/hatch/zenki here when I sold them.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:39 AM   #41
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Again... In my situation the deposit was sent until someone checked it out for me and they did that day it was scheduled (Tues). Money was ready to be wired Wed at 11am as discussed all I needed was an address to finalize the bill of sale. I waited around at the bank office till about about 2:30 when he responded back that he was selling to someone else. Shitty way to handle business after deposit was accepted, after we agreed upon the transaction the night before, wasting my time, and also my money. Notary work costs money as does a deposit for shipping purposes.

I have sold stuff where someone comes in at a higher price but if I have already taken the deposit and he transaction is moving forward as discussed then I would have followed thru. I am not some kidding with hopes and dreams about buying....the money was ready to be wired as soon as that address was sent and we signed a document. No BS no wasting time....end of transaction.

Yup she said the car was in good conditions minus a fee scratches but that's expected on a car of that age.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:12 AM   #42
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I have sold stuff where someone comes in at a higher price but if I have already taken the deposit and he transaction is moving forward as discussed
I agree with you.
I wasn't trying to discredit you or your story or anything.
It's a shitty situation from a seller who wasn't much of a seller.
I've done the same thing with selling items, all I was trying to say is if you're (seller in this case) ready to ship or take a deposit, don't do it.
I was generally speaking when I was saying "you" in my first post.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:14 AM   #43
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
^If it were the other way around where you gaffed him, he could have kept your deposit. The deposit really doesn't guarantee shit when stuff like this happens. I guess you could try to sue him for breach of contract, but you'd probably have to get something in writing or some kind of recording.

There needs to be a system where the seller puts up a deposit if he/she backs out.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:39 PM   #44
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Lol listen I am only upset about the waste of my time, my friends time, and the loss of the deposit from the transportation company and the money spent on the notary. Not my way of handling business and yes I agree if someone puts a deposit and if by X time they are dragging their feet or not proceeding with the process the deposit should be lost but that wasnt the case here and he did return the Paypal deposit but I cant get refunded for the shipping transportation deposit. Time is of value to me and my friend who did me the solid is a high up executive at a large bank and also took some time out of her super busy schedule to help me out. I have said my piece and would not do business like that with anyone here...nothing more.

Last edited by 2muchboost; 09-10-2015 at 01:19 PM..
Old 09-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #45
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

^ you got screwed big time.
extremely shitty situation
Old 09-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #46
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Was on the phone with him since last week. A deposit soon after. Had my friend who is a very busy person tok time out of her schedule to check out the car for me. Been on the phone or text with the guy like 5 times a day since all of that. We had agreed on a price, I am in TX so I said I can wire transfer and he said no worries.

Last night he asks if there is any way I can get cash I told him I couldnt cause I am miles away and wouldnt be able to fly out or anything till next week (I own my own business and work for a corporation), he said to wire the money to his brothers. I said no worries last night at 9pm. Then this morning I am at the bank for like 3 hours with the notary to finish the bill of sale and then wire the money. Guy got all weird when the notary asked for his address even though I was wiring to his brothers account. Then all of a sudden his brother cant receive the wire, he cant, not good on paypal (i cover fees)...only cash.

Already had setup for him to drop off the car at my friends place about 20 miles from him and have the shipping company pick up from there in 3 days. All of a sudden dude returns my deposit and tells me cash only and that other people are flying out to him so I had to eat the shipping deposit and all of the time wasted. As a true enthusiast I wouldnt treat anyone like that once I had taken a deposit and had the person at the bank wasting their time. Literally only needed his address and the payment was going to be immediately wired to his brother. He then would have dropped it off tonight and transaction complete....my friend was handling shipping.

Sounded like a cool dude and enthusiast and everything went smooth but all of a sudden got shady once the legal document was ready to be finalized. I am not stupid enough to wire money over in that quantity without a legal bill of sale. Odd that direct wire which is an extremely secure money transferring method is no good once his address was in question. Whether or not the car is in good shape and he seemed nice the waste of time and money is horseshit.
Quote:
Like I said I dont like bad mouthing people. If he would only entertain local offers then say that from day 1 and not waste peoples time. For all of the time wasted I could have figured out a flight out there by now but because everything seemed to be flowing I had no need to fly out and now work has caught up so that wouldnt occur till next week.

Again, clean car or not when serious business is occurring (deposit, legal tender, wire transfer literally waiting to hit send) you dont waste peoples time. As far as legit buyer....trust me there was no question I was ready to close the deal at 1pm today. If he didnt want to do serious business then dont waste my time and dont take my deposit...pretty reasonable expectation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidra View Post
Wow this is getting interesting. I suppose I'll go ahead and share my story as well. I'm eastern time zone by the way.

I contacted the seller via text message last Friday (9/4) around midnight. He responded and said that the vehicle was still available. I texted him back stating that I'd like to place a deposit via PayPal on the vehicle immediately. The seller never responded and I followed up the next morning (9/5). After several texts/calls/and a voicemail, the seller finally responded at 5pm stating that the vehicle already had a deposit on it.

Naturally I was upset, but the seller explained that the first gentleman he had correspondence with ended up placing a deposit on the vehicle the previous night (9/4). Keep in mind that he texted me back at 11pm central time saying the vehicle was still available. So either that deposit was placed after 11pm central time, or there was something shady going on. The seller mentioned that the potential buying was due to come by Tuesday at 5pm central time to see the vehicle. I asked to be allowed to have second dibs but he never acknowledged my text.

I followed up on Monday reminding him that I'd like second dibs but still no response. Tuesday I called around noon and actually got ahold of him! He told me that he'd get back to me that evening on whether the car had been sold or not. Never heard from him that evening despite texting and calling him. Called him again the next day (Wednesday) and left a voicemail. Still nothing.....

All of this sounds extremely fishy though. Who the hell is old enough to buy a 1998 car new from the dealer, yet doesn't even have a simple checking account to receive a wire transfer??? He only sounded like 30 something years old, but of course that's merely speculation.
Quote:
Again... In my situation the deposit was sent until someone checked it out for me and they did that day it was scheduled (Tues). Money was ready to be wired Wed at 11am as discussed all I needed was an address to finalize the bill of sale. I waited around at the bank office till about about 2:30 when he responded back that he was selling to someone else. Shitty way to handle business after deposit was accepted, after we agreed upon the transaction the night before, wasting my time, and also my money. Notary work costs money as does a deposit for shipping purposes.

I have sold stuff where someone comes in at a higher price but if I have already taken the deposit and he transaction is moving forward as discussed then I would have followed thru. I am not some kidding with hopes and dreams about buying....the money was ready to be wired as soon as that address was sent and we signed a document. No BS no wasting time....end of transaction.

Yup she said the car was in good conditions minus a fee scratches but that's expected on a car of that age.
Quote:
Lol listen I am only upset about the waste of my time, my friends time, and the loss of the deposit from the transportation company and the money spent on the notary. Not my way of handling business and yes I agree if someone puts a deposit and if by X time they are dragging their feet or not proceeding with the process the deposit should be lost but that wasnt the case here and he did return the Paypal deposit but I cant get refunded for the shipping transportation deposit. Time is of value to me and my friend who did me the solid is a high up executive at a large bank and also took some time out of her super busy schedule to help me out. I have said my piece and would not do business like that with anyone here...nothing more.

EVERYTHING you have stated is 100000000000000000000% true!!1 you are without a doubt correct!!!
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote