Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-06-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
TurboAndSlow

Trader Rating: (0)
TurboAndSlow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Input shaft needed

Hey everyone how's it going. Need a new input shaft so I figured id join zilvia and ask around. I tried to use the search engine but was unlucky.

I bought a 89' 240 hb with a sr20det, the guy had told me it was having problems with the IACV, fuel pump relay, and the clutch was going out soon, so I talked him down 600.(:

Well a couple days later I blew out the clutch just riding around. So I take down the tranny and pull out the pressure plate and clutch disk. Well I'm holding onto the input shaft and moving it ovaly... Who ever had put the previous clutch in the tranny didn't bother to change out the pilot bearing/bushing... And from all the wear in tear the input shaft doesn't spin right anymore... I noticed on the old clutch how 2 springs were knocked out which lead me to the input shaft...
Well I got the f1 stage 2 clutch kit and flywheel being shipped but now I'm going to need a input shaft aswell.. If I change this will I not have a vlsd anymore?

So to get to the point where can I find a s13 5 speed manual vlsd input shaft that's reliable and a good price?
Anyone have experience with this input shaft kit? I noticed the gears are helical cut to which would be an advantage most likely.
http://www.frsport.com/OS-Giken-NS05..._p_231966.html
TurboAndSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Wait, you're asking about the transmission input shaft...what the hell does that got to do with the damn VLSD?!?!

But honestly, do you really need to rebuild the transmission? Just find another SR transmission.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #3
TurboAndSlow

Yes that's the part I'm asking about. And I wasn't quite sure that's why I asked about vlsd. Now that I think about... That wouldn't make sense ahahaha....
It would be nice to have a seperate sr tranny one that I could build overtime. No one in the phx area is selling sr trannys right now, so I could look online. Def not ebay

Last edited by TurboAndSlow; 03-06-2014 at 06:17 AM.. Reason: My own stupidity
Old 03-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Find a used KA tranny and swap bellhousing over.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:52 AM   #5
TurboAndSlow

I've heard of people putting ka trannys on sr's, is that all you have to do is swap the bell housing and it all bolts right back up?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #6
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboAndSlow View Post
I've heard of people putting ka trannys on sr's, is that all you have to do is swap the bell housing and it all bolts right back up?

Yes, that's correct.
Just swap tranny over to the SR bell housing.

I have a KA tranny on my SR20det engine. Works fine
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote