Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #61
DoobieS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DoobieS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im about to get some tension rods(since i broke one of my tien's). anyone using them?
DoobieS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #62
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieS13 View Post
im about to get some tension rods(since i broke one of my tien's). anyone using them?

please see first post in thread...

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/400989-circ...ml#post4187907

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #63
g2ic02
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
g2ic02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to g2ic02 Send a message via MSN to g2ic02
so no pictures of the broken ruca??? I may be thinking wrong here, but if i hit something shit is going to bend. I would personally rather a $120 arm break rather than bend something that is not as easy to replace(frame mounting point, knuckle)
g2ic02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #64
statusone

Trader Rating: (0)
statusone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
Don't know what your point is. They have completely different designs. The Cusco/Kazama have to be much thicker because they have only one tube instead of 2. Doesn't mean that it is stronger.
Traditionally control arms and end links are actually designed to be fairly ductile in order to translate the impacts into bending less expensive components such as the links/control arms themselves than your knuckles and frame. That and having a ductile material also allows the product to bend rather than snap when deformed, allowing you to move your misaligned vehicle from the scene rather than loosing all control haha.

So technically, stronger isn't necessarily better, it is the marriage of strength vs. ductility, and of course dont forget weight!
statusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #65
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
UPDATE 03-2014:
So almost 3 years later and the arms are holding up just fine! Car has been daily driven everyday since putting all the Circuit Sports arms on and theyve held up great! Ive since changed coilovers though. I swapped the CS coils for Fortune Auto 500 series as the FA's go much lower and are just an all around better product. Though, again, I will say that the CS Coilovers were a great entry level and affordable coilover. When I sold them, they were almost 2 years old and had zero signs of any problems! The CS coils were daily driven everyday as well so I can attest that Circuit Sports suspension parts are pretty damn decent for everyday use. How they hold up to heavy track duty, Im not 100% sure on, but if the wear and tear of everyday driving is any sign of quality, I bet they hold up just as well on track!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 03-14-2014 at 08:59 AM..
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote