Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #31
cutter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
cutter is on the path to ruincutter is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cutter
typically every point you raise compression you gain 5% power throughout your power band. Just get a good tune and some alcohol injection and go for it.
cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #32
xxslidewaysxx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
xxslidewaysxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xxslidewaysxx
this thread is great. I went high comp pistons and had high knock before boost, so now i know for sure what was causing the knock. time for new headgasket....
xxslidewaysxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #33
fastkx125

Trader Rating: (0)
fastkx125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Think of all the boost S2000 guys run on the high CR of a F20c/F22c. And they make nasty power.
fastkx125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #34
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
sirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastkx125 View Post
Think of all the boost S2000 guys run on the high CR of a F20c/F22c. And they make nasty power.
S2000's have forged internals from the factory, and most of the boosted ones are running a thicker head gasket.

Not that your point isnt still valid... just thought id point that out.
sirfallsalot243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #35
fastkx125

fastkx125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arent SR's also factory forged?And if your gonna build a motor for high CR then your gonna replace the stock stuff or whatever you have now with all forged parts anyways. And most people have ditched the thicker head gaskets on s2k's now also, a few years back that was something everyone did if they were gonna turbo that car but its not really the case anymore. "700hp is the new 400hp" is something you'll see alot in the Forced Induction section on s2ki.com lol. I bought my S13 to stop myself from boosting my s2000 because I feel that the turbo feel kind of takes away from the raw NA feel that the s2k was built with.
fastkx125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #36
chituntang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
chituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Had a buddy of mine supercharged a AP1 and made like 320whp. He sold the car and kit separately and when my brother drove the car after the kit was off, he said the car felt like sh*t...

TO the op: just twin charge the car, or NA build if you want more useable power
chituntang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #37
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Edit for posting in old thread.....My apologies
Toi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #38
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toi View Post
Edit for posting in old thread.....My apologies
No worrys, i was going to up it sooner or later anyways. Im in the middle of a pretty different sr build right now. The oil sump failed on my sr causing some major issues......
Im not planning on running much less boost than i was on the 9:1 engine, but i will run less boost just because of the larger displacement I will have.

92mm fully counterbalanced crank, k1 rods, wisco 10:1 90mm pistons (custom made), darton sleeved block, arp main studs, 1/2" arp 2000 headstuds, cosworth 90mm headgasket.
Im working on the bottom end right now, and am deciding on some of the other things right now. My purpous for it is increase low end tq without loosing top end hp (like going with a smaller turbo would do) so im not really sure about camming it out or going to a larger turbo. I guess i can try it out with the head and turbo i have now for free, and take it from there.

Sent from my rooted Incredible using tapatalk
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #39
Toi
Zilvia Member

Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds good, interested to see numbers and a dyno sheet I am curious to the type of curve your going to get.
Toi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #40
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
I seen your post before you edited it though, i dont think just upping the compression that little bit would allow you to make the same power on that little boost. Were you thinking the ecr would be the same and equal the same power? There will still be allot less air and fuel avabiable for the power stroke.

Im not sure to be honest. I havent seen too many high comp turbo engines though. I too am intrested to see how it respondes, but my purpous for it isnt to run less boost, but rather to make more power, everywhere.

4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #41
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i think this set up should be pretty stable and very broad through the power.

If im not mistaken Enjuku / Retak s13.5 use to run 10.1 sr but on race gas. Not sure of the full specs on the motor. but it made pretty decent power, made full season.

def looking forward to hearing more on this. I've been wanting to plan a high comp turbo build. But i think i'll just settle for 9.0 or 9.5
Old 11-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #42
D1S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
D1S13 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
No worrys, i was going to up it sooner or later anyways. Im in the middle of a pretty different sr build right now. The oil sump failed on my sr causing some major issues......
Im not planning on running much less boost than i was on the 9:1 engine, but i will run less boost just because of the larger displacement I will have.

92mm fully counterbalanced crank, k1 rods, wisco 10:1 90mm pistons (custom made), darton sleeved block, arp main studs, 1/2" arp 2000 headstuds, cosworth 90mm headgasket.
Im working on the bottom end right now, and am deciding on some of the other things right now. My purpous for it is increase low end tq without loosing top end hp (like going with a smaller turbo would do) so im not really sure about camming it out or going to a larger turbo. I guess i can try it out with the head and turbo i have now for free, and take it from there.

Weird thing is my buddy has a fully built (pistons/rods) sr higher compression than stock and his oil pump Blew up! Forcing a full rebuild minus pistons

www.teamtopflight.blogspot.com
D1S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #43
Skreech_Powerz

Skreech_Powerz is an unknown quantity at this point
I was also debating running a higher C/R in my SR20DET.. for better offboost responce since I use my 180sx for Drifting... Stock i pushed 265HP on 13psi and on shitty street gas... and by stock i mean Stock internals, stock head, stock ECU, all i changed was a topmount T3/T4 Turbo .57 trim, Topmount turbo manifold, Greddy replica intake, and a frontmount intercooler.... and my fuel system is stock 370cc injectors, stock rail, walbro 255lph fuel pump and an adjustable regulator..
Skreech_Powerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #44
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
i think OP is trying to reinvent the wheel....SRs are cheap enough and parts are readily available. Its been proven that the SR is capable of nearly 300hp with little to no work other than bolt ons. I love the KA but for the money the SR is just a better bargain.