Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items

For Sale Items Post items for sale here. ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL SALES.

Old 02-20-2020, 08:26 AM   #1
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
thegr8one013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rear Big Brake Kit

Core4Motorsports Rear BBK
THE EBRAKES WORK!!!! I REPEAT THE EBRAKES WORK. This is by far the best rear brake kit I've ever seen. Just installed new wilwood pads.

Specs are as stated below:
https://www.core4motorsports.com/?€?...imate-big-brak?€?
New is $1660 I am asking 1200.
Rear Kit Specifics:
Wilwood Forged Superlite Radial Mount 4 Piston (FSL4R) Caliper
Same benefits as FSL6R caliper used on front kit
12.88"(327mm) x 0.81"(21mm) rotor ring
Optional modular aluminum parking brake drum to retain OEM Z32 parking brake functionality
Type III, Class 2, Hardcoat anodize
No cutting the upright required
Can be used with aftermarket uprights

Located near Valley Stream, NY

Willing to trade for:
reputable s13 coil overs or
a complete sr20 oem turbo setup(sr20 manifold, turbo, elbow, downpipe, oem intercooler& piping, sr20 injectors, etc)

Last edited by thegr8one013; 04-02-2020 at 09:53 AM..
thegr8one013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

I am trying to edit the post and i keep getting an error. Here is the Link to where i bought it from and photos from their page.

https://www.core4motorsports.com/pro...-big-brake-kit

Old 02-20-2020, 10:59 AM   #3
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I have a feeling that aluminum brake drum really isn't intended for drifting use where the ebrake is used a lot.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #4
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I have a feeling that aluminum brake drum really isn't intended for drifting use where the ebrake is used a lot.
It most certainly isn't. It's meant to hold and park the car.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:17 PM   #5
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Right. People commonly switch to the z32 rear brake setup on drift cars also. Just stating the obvious.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:11 AM   #6
Fitelite240!!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Fitelite240!! is making his/her stupidity well-knownFitelite240!! is making his/her stupidity well-knownFitelite240!! is making his/her stupidity well-knownFitelite240!! is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not too bad. This is a really cool kit if your going to have a GT style looks.

I just got a pair of SRT8 charger rear brembos and used those with a bracket and a little modification on the caliper. 14in rotor used from the 370z nismo. Picked up the whole set up for like 5-600$ while still keeping the z32 e-brake functional on my s14

This is a dope bolt on - no hassle kit though. GLWS man!
Fitelite240!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:22 AM   #7
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
IN regards to the "going for a GT look"

The entire rear setup is several lbs lighter than the standard Z32 or close to 15-20 lbs lighter (per corner) than a compatible 14"/SRT8 setup.

So not only does it look good, the savings in unsprung weight (including rotational mass from the rotor alone) is worth it's weight in gold! And the ebrake to boot. It's a no brainer kit
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:26 AM   #8
Fitelite240!!
Zilvia Member

Fitelite240!! is making his/her stupidity well-knownFitelite240!! is making his/her stupidity well-knownFitelite240!! is making his/her stupidity well-knownFitelite240!! is making his/her stupidity well-known
Not too bad! Mines a daily but even more to to prove my point this is more geared to those real racecars guys on here. The ones that want to shave as much weight as possible. Really cool stuff.

In regards of stopped power im almost certain their Identical.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:07 AM   #9
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
So just a little background info;

For sure the kit is geared more toward the track day/competition person. I made this kit specifically because I was overwhelming Z32 rear brakes on my track car (with just a VQ35DE swap) and there's nothing on the market that fits in a 17" wheel. One of the reasons why I made it because I didn't want 18's and I don't want OEM calipers since pads usually cost significantly more than Wilwood pad shapes (in race compounds at least).

I personally don't use a parking brake on my track car, but I understand that people want to retain it so I made it an option for the kit to be more appealing. My V1 rear BBK did away with the parking brake completely and used a smaller caliper, but the caliper I used is old and outdated.

The brake pad shape of the Wilwood calipers are ubiquitous (shared with Stoptech and AP Racing calipers) and you can get basically any/every racing compound imaginable for it. And, if you have the front kit as well, it uses the same exact pad shape so if you have a method of proportioning rear brake pressure, you can use the same pads all around. The rotor hats are also the same offset front to rear as well so they're interchangeable if need be.

With the modular parking brake drum, the 2-piece rotor assembly is 3+lbs lighter than a Z32 rotor, and 8-9lbs lighter than a Z33 rear track/brembo rotor. Any rotor (2 piece included) requiring an 18" wheel is a massive difference like RalliartRSX pointed out. The margins are even greater without the parking brake drum.

If anyone else has other questions other than the FS thread, feel free to PM me and sorry for the hijack, OP!
Old 02-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #10
Fitelite240!!
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gills View Post
So just a little background info;

For sure the kit is geared more toward the track day/competition person. I made this kit specifically because I was overwhelming Z32 rear brakes on my track car (with just a VQ35DE swap) and there's nothing on the market that fits in a 17" wheel. One of the reasons why I made it because I didn't want 18's and I don't want OEM calipers since pads usually cost significantly more than Wilwood pad shapes (in race compounds at least).

I personally don't use a parking brake on my track car, but I understand that people want to retain it so I made it an option for the kit to be more appealing. My V1 rear BBK did away with the parking brake completely and used a smaller caliper, but the caliper I used is old and outdated.

The brake pad shape of the Wilwood calipers are ubiquitous (shared with Stoptech and AP Racing calipers) and you can get basically any/every racing compound imaginable for it. And, if you have the front kit as well, it uses the same exact pad shape so if you have a method of proportioning rear brake pressure, you can use the same pads all around. The rotor hats are also the same offset front to rear as well so they're interchangeable if need be.

With the modular parking brake drum, the 2-piece rotor assembly is 3+lbs lighter than a Z32 rotor, and 8-9lbs lighter than a Z33 rear track/brembo rotor. Any rotor (2 piece included) requiring an 18" wheel is a massive difference like RalliartRSX pointed out. The margins are even greater without the parking brake drum.

If anyone else has other questions other than the FS thread, feel free to PM me and sorry for the hijack, OP!
Very cool man.

Im able to fit 17 x 9 rpf1s on my rear wheels with like 2mms of clearance. but I went with 18s because I got lmgt4s.

Using the same pads all around is dig it for convenience additionally to cut weight.

I was going to do a dual caliper set up in the rear for my GT time attack car with the str8 brembo and a set of Evo8 rear calipers, but time, money, and other things take priority that's why I'm selling a ton of stuff.

But like you said this is geared toward the track day guys that wanna shave weight.

If your a daily guy like me with the occasional track day. Then the brembos do the job just fine.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:43 AM   #11
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

thank you gills and RalliartRsX for contributing really help info

bump to the top. still for sale
Old 02-27-2020, 04:48 PM   #12
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

Still got it
Old 03-01-2020, 07:35 PM   #13
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

Still got it
Old 03-06-2020, 06:16 AM   #14
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

Setup it's still for sale
Old 03-10-2020, 05:02 AM   #15
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

Still for sale
Old 03-28-2020, 07:33 PM   #16
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

still for sale
Old 04-02-2020, 09:52 AM   #17
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

to the top. willing to trade for:
reputable s13 coil overs or
a complete sr20 oem turbo setup(sr20 manifold, turbo, elbow, downpipe, oem intercooler& piping, sr20 injectors, etc)
Old 04-13-2020, 03:12 PM   #18
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

To the top
Old 04-17-2020, 07:33 PM   #19
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie