Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Wheels & Tires

Old 10-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
TriniTT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
TriniTT is on the path to ruinTriniTT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
BBS LM 18x9 18x10 with reverse mount option 5x114.3

I have a set of BBS LMs for sale in 18x9 +42 and 18x10 +50 with 5x114.3 lug pattern. These are extremely high quality and one of the most sought-after wheels out there. They are a lightweight forged 2-piece design with silver faces. They include original BBS center caps, valve stems and black hardware (as pictured). Tires will not be included.I can also provide a quality reverse mount service (explained below) that will yield more aggressive offsets: 18x10 +37 and 18x9 +28

If reverse mounting is not desired, I can also provide custom spacers for Nissans: 7mm spacer with 66.1mm hub-centering - $150 for a set of 4

BBS LM wheels standard - $2500 shipped

Reverse mount service - add $600

Actual wheels being sold:

Reverse mounting explained:

The BBS LM wheels come standard with the face of the wheel attached to the front side of the barrel register. The general consensus is that this looks backwards, so many people prefer a reverse mount where the face of the wheels fits in from the back of the wheel to attach to the register. This provides a more appealing result and a more aggressive lip on the barrel.

Forward mount vs reverse mount:

An issue comes into play when reverse mounting the faces as the standard method of centering from the factory is with counter-sunk front bolt holes. When reverse mounting, this moves that counter-sunk face to the opposite side of the barrel register, and thus the faces are allowed a good bit of play and no way to properly center them. It also leaves a taper on the face that does not allow full contact with the primary portion of the face register, which is extremely dangerous and unacceptable.

The service I offer will machine the faces to allow direct and perfect contact of the front of the face register with the barrel register. It also counter-sinks the bolt holes on the reverse side and leaves a slight edge on the face above the register, so they will be centered with the bolts (just as they are from BBS) as well as being centered with the edge of the face.

The end result is a perfectly safe, centered reverse mount yielding more aggressive offsets. The centering is even more robust than what BBS offers standard, since they are dual-centered. I also take the time to machine the hubs to 66.1mm, so they are hub-centric for Nissan chassis as well.

Pictures below of the service I have completed for others (these are not the actual wheels, but a previous set I serviced):

Front register counter-sinks machined off and register flattened for perfect mating to the barrel register:

Hardware perfectly centered in the counter-sink and hub bored to 66.1mm:

Faces reversed for a perfect fit:

A set with the same specs I previously sold with no reverse mounting option:

And pics of BBS LMs on Maglito's car:

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 11-03-2014 at 07:52 PM..
TriniTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2014, 07:01 AM   #2
brewer

Trader Rating: (4)
brewer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brewer
Mmmm minty fresh. Wish I had the funds
brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:39 AM   #3
TriniTT
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks! Let's find a new home for these!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
TriniTT
Zilvia Junkie

Wheels are sold!