Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
s3cf

Trader Rating: (0)
s3cf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fair price for a s13 coupe?

Hello i m new to here and would like to know what's a fair price for a base zenki s13 coupe stock 5spd with ~100k original miles?

assuming the interior is good but the exterior needs some attention (dings, dents, paint fade.....) but no rust.

I searched but nothing turned up....

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
95BoostedS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
95BoostedS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Here in Florida I would honestly say between 2-3k starting asking price, then from there negotiations may or may not bring it down. Fair warning OP, you may get flamed for this post though, maybe post some pictures next time if its a car you own or trying to buy to give us a better idea. Good luck in whatever you're trying to do.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
s3cf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BoostedS14 View Post
Here in Florida I would honestly say between 2-3k starting asking price, then from there negotiations may or may not bring it down. Fair warning OP, you may get flamed for this post though, maybe post some pictures next time if its a car you own or trying to buy to give us a better idea. Good luck in whatever you're trying to do.

thanks for your comments.
sorry for not making myself clear I m not gauging interests or assoicated with any sale since i do not own or plan to sell any nissan.

I m simply trying to see how much I should expect to pay if I come across a s13 couple that meets my criteria (as stated in my original post)

Thanks
Old 06-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
stock 5spd with 100k miles, yeah.....

more like 4-5k
Old 06-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #5
95BoostedS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
95BoostedS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
stock 5spd with 100k miles, yeah.....

more like 4-5k
I paid 5k for my 98 with roughly 150k, so for a base s13 I thought 3k would be fair. Then again, it all depends on actual condition and location. You could be right on that.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
knowwhywide

knowwhywide is an unknown quantity at this point
yes,Then again, it all depends on actual condition and location. You could be right on that.thanks
Old 06-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #7
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Old 06-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #8
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Did you already find this mythical creature? Or is this a theoretical question as I suspect?
Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #9
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
I wouldn't pay over 2k for a stock s13

Quote:
I paid 5k for my 98 with roughly 150k, so for a base s13 I thought 3k would be fair. Then again, it all depends on actual condition and location. You could be right on that.
$2700 for my clean '95 with 140k. I don't think more than 4k for a kouki is worth it, really. But I suppose thats subjective and the car is really only worth as much as you think it is

The key to buying these cars: DO NOT negotiate before meeting the person face to face. DO bring the most amount of money that you are willing to spend; preferably in 100's. Throw them the lowest reasonable offer and pull out the dough. BRING a friend or pack the hammer
Old 06-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #10
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
I wouldn't pay over 2k for a stock s13

$2700 for my clean '95 with 140k. I don't think more than 4k for a kouki is worth it, really. But I suppose thats subjective and the car is really only worth as much as you think it is
People really should stop answering these threads with what they would pay. What YOU would pay means nothing. Most of us are cheap asses and wouldn't pay market value for anything. SOME of us are also rather resourceful and are good at finding the deals and jumping on them when we see them. The real question is how much would YOU sell the car for if you had it for sale. NONE of us are going to base that price on how much we would be willing to pay.

Quote:
The key to buying these cars: DO NOT negotiate before meeting the person face to face. DO bring the most amount of money that you are willing to spend; preferably in 100's. Throw them the lowest reasonable offer and pull out the dough. BRING a friend or pack the hammer
FAR too many people are absolutely clueless as to how to actually buy a car. Negotiating price over the phone is ridiculous. The only excuse is if the car is too far away to reasonably come look at. When I go look at I car I arrange my money in two stacks. The first stack is how much I WANT to spend, already counted out and ready to go. The second stack is the difference between how much I WANT to spend and how much I am WILLING to spend if I have to. ALWAYS have the money counted and ready. NEVER let the seller see that extra $400 you're willing to spend sitting in your wallet.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
adams 02rs
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
adams 02rs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
i approve!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #12
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hi, I'm posting this from the future.

It's the year 2044: The time when a stock 240sx sells for 1,000,000+ bitcoin and can only be driven on a special platform which is said to float somewhere in the vicinity of the highly radioactive former North Korean coastal area.

89 octane gasoline can only be purchased on the black market and you'll have to figure out a way to evade the Google Human Retention Boundary to even get a chance at sitting in the driver's seat of one.

In the year you are currently living in, 2014, up to around $6,000 for an all original car is worth it, in 10 years the same car will be worth two to three times as much.

This is what you have to look forward to driving in 2044:
Old 06-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #13
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I lold

msg
Old 06-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #14
s3cf

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Did you already find this mythical creature? Or is this a theoretical question as I suspect?
havent found it yet.
could have used KBB but since there's big community behind the 240sx scene so I supposed the wisdom / knowledge i can borrow from here is far more valuable than KBB.

Just wanted to know a fair market price where the majority thinks is reasonable so I dont make any mickey mouse offer to the seller or leave money on the table if one day i do come across an example that meets my criteria.

thanks
Old 06-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #15
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
These kinds of threads REALLY need to stop. If you cant afford or are questioning the purchase of a $3,000 car... then trust me, owning a 240 is NOT for you!!! its going to wind up costing you almost 5 times that to get the car to the point where its actually acceptable!

save your money kid and buy an FRS!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Closed Thread