Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
sr20d's2k
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
sr20d's2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My SrS2k

UPDATED: new pics on the bottom

So over the last year i decided to take a different direction, i orginally wanted to put a VQ in it since no one has done that but its too big for the stupid car so i took the easy way out and put an SR in it. I took the whole car apart and sold everything to finance the project up to the drive shaft and sold all kinds of s2000 turbo parts. (already being nissan or DSS back from there it was good to go). Orginally i thought the swap was going to pay for itself but after adding a few things that i wanted and not getting full asking price on a few things i probably have a few grand out of pocket with more to go after i pay JE import performance to wire the shit box this week.
It should be done next weekend and i hope to be failing at drifting by the end of this month.
Let me know what you think here it is:[/color]

this is it about a year ago still looking ok...

the begining of the finger fucking: the teardown.

the POS nissan engine i bought. SC60 greddy knock off intake, top mount blah blah

The start of the vmount set up

first time it went in and def not the last. had to drop the cross member and notch it out for the oil pan. also had to
cut the power steering groove off the crank pulley but thats not an issue s2000's have electronic PS.

motor in starting to get shit together.

new coilovers and wastegate dump

some crazy shit i had to do with my brake lines and waste gate since the intake and exhaust are now inverse

yeah have fun JE, this is gonna be a expense mess to fix lol.

ya dig.

starting to look like it has potential

vmounts starting to look ok

crazy rad fill

-16AN

i like pretty blue nuts

this was in my photobucket and its sick so look at it

what it looks like now...ill keep you posted in a week or two as it gets finished

hope you enjoyed.

here are some updates on the new setup. it started last night for the first time. gets tuned on sunday.

Last edited by sr20d's2k; 02-15-2011 at 10:24 AM..
sr20d's2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
:O I've never seen this before, looks good!
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
Wabash9000
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Wabash9000 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
definatly a different swap. not entirely sure how I feel about it(s2k stock is the only honda car/motor I like), but fuck yeah nissan. Very clean work. I love how far back that engine sits. My only concerns are, are there any fans on the vmount? Is it going to lose power because of the filter location?(not that there appears to be any place else to put it...
Wabash9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
The pictures hurt my eyes, but it looks pretty cool.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
240Raver
BANNED

240Raver is an unknown quantity at this point
Pictures are crappy and doesn't do its justice! :P
Awesome swap tho mang! I've never seen it done before.
240Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Interesting, though I just look at the S2000 as a car not really needing an engine swap. LOL

Oh of course I would have a hard time owning a S2k in the first place.

A+ for originality
A+ for the work
C- for taking on the idea to begin with. Sorry man but like I said earlier I just don't see the S2k as a car crying out for a engine swap to gain HP or reliability.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 09-17-2010 at 07:05 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
nemo6686
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
nemo6686 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
not trying to hate. But why would you swap sr20 in there when the f20c is a far better motor just curious
nemo6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
props for doing something different.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
good stuff, i've thought about doing a similar project in the future. But if you're interested in drifting, doing an SR with power isnt gonna bring u too far. I hope you invest some time and research into the electric power steering rack. This is literally the single reason this car absolutey sucks at drifting. I put some serious seat time in my AP1 S2000 and you just cant get around the speed senstive rack. Good luck with the project, I'm very interested in your results!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
mattack69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
mattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mattack69 Send a message via MSN to mattack69 Send a message via Yahoo to mattack69
Doesnt sikky make a similar kit or was doing this swap?. Good build mans!
mattack69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #11
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
looks awesome... i wanna see how mean it looks from further away and see the front end now that it has that intercooler/rad setup
Old 09-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVGASM View Post
I hope you invest some time and research into the electric power steering rack. This is literally the single reason this car absolutey sucks at drifting. I put some serious seat time in my AP1 S2000 and you just cant get around the speed senstive rack. Good luck with the project, I'm very interested in your results!
Revgasm brought up a very, very important point here.

The Electro-Mechanical PS system in the S2000 seems to be the weakest point as far as building a drift car. From what I've experienced in a few S2000's it just doesn't let you counter-steer like a normal car. I don't have enough experience with the system or chassis to go beyond that, but I know it's a pain in the ass. I've heard of people swapping in FD Rx-7 racks and running an electric PS pump (SW20 MR2) to drift, but I've never seen it in person.

Anyway, are you planning on being at Night Moves at the end of the month? I might be there hanging with some people since my car still isn't done and if I'm there I'd love to check your S2000 out.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #13
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
You know... With all the money you poured into this, you could have built a GREAT F20C....

You took a less efficient older motor and put it in a brand new-ish car.
I don't see the logic in this but I hope all turns out how you want and hope your car performs at the level you want it to. GL
Old 09-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #14
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
its different, but thats about it. pretty sure people are turbo'ing the stock motors and making 500whp. don't know why you'd need the SR. if it based on the sole reason that you wanted to be different, then thats retarded.
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #15
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm all for swaps but this one made me say "Why?"

Still, good job for pulling it off, looks like you might have even done a good job, can't tell by the pics really.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #16
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
props for doing something different!!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #17
ArBy25DeT
BANNED

ArBy25DeT is an unknown quantity at this point
asking why hes doing this is like asking why the sky is blue......its his car, his money, his vision....its unique as hell, and when hes finished with it hell have a badass honda, with a badass motor....plain and simple, this is a nissan site right?? everyone in here should love this shit if you love nissan...i do
ArBy25DeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #18
180sxdrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i would go to night moves just to see this thing in action

Instagram @ikigai.no.jinsei
180sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #19
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Looks awesome chris! You should definitely add some more heat shielding to your brake master cylinder area. With out any I for see you melting it like I did . As for the removal of the undriftable steering rack I hear the fd3s rx7's is a close fit with fabrication though. They used it in the old RSR s2k drift car. I'm sure you can make it happen.
rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #20
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97240TB View Post
You know... With all the money you poured into this, you could have built a GREAT F20C....

You took a less efficient older motor and put it in a brand new-ish car.
I don't see the logic in this but I hope all turns out how you want and hope your car performs at the level you want it to. GL
LOL It's pretty much sacrilegious to all honda fanbois around the world. But fuck it, gotta think out of the box.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #21
2F0-T
Leaky Injector

2F0-T is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo6686 View Post
not trying to hate. But why would you swap sr20 in there when the f20c is a far better motor just curious

I thought this model was the k22c?
2F0-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #22
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
I'm curious to what rear end you're gonna use, i pretty much grenaded my rear end with stock power. I know inlinePro had a Z32 rear end swap but it was like a million dollars.

have you figured out a way to use the factory digital gauge cluster
Old 09-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #23
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
like dave said,
A for originality
C for poor concept.

especially when all it takes is a vortech blower to get the f20 to 350hp range
2000-2005 Honda S2000 2.0L/2.2L DOHC Supercharging Systems | Vortech Superchargers

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #24
iheartmysil80
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
iheartmysil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Different. But not exactly "Wow" material. Why put a low compression motor and lose the high compression...
iheartmysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #25
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
superstreet had an issue about a S2K with a sr swap couple months ago
RPS13-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #26
enigmadsm
Leaky Injector

enigmadsm is an unknown quantity at this point
#facepalm...

took the only honda i like, with an amazing motor...and threw in a motor from my favorite car company...yet i'm still shaking my head...

At least its unique i guess
enigmadsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #27
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yeah, I don't see any advantages to swapping to an SR motor.. I would rather swap an f20 into my 240 than a shitty fan-boy hyped sr20...
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #28
AeroDesigns
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AeroDesigns is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AeroDesigns
ITS JOHNNY TRAN!! Did you get that SR on a premium before racewars? =X

JK, nice build
AeroDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #29
yellowxhoodie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
yellowxhoodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Swapped a nice base motor for an older one that prob has more miles.
Electronic Power Steering.
Sub par rear ends with expensive alternatives.

In just to see where this goes.
yellowxhoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #30
hisoka

hisoka is an unknown quantity at this point
nice car mate, very cool.

that vmount setup pretty nice .

in ausutralia theres a guy doing a f20c into a s13 if you guys wanna check it out lol. this is way cooler imo

funny how people on the australian site dont like the idea of f20c into s13, they rather the normal, but on here you guys dont like idea of sr20 in s2000 you rather the normal
hisoka is offline   Reply With Quote