Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Maximum Value Program

I was going to post this in the Industry News Section, but anyway!!

Something that not only Customers need to be aware of but Dealers may find this Program being used very soon!!

The following is a link to MSD FAQ website about the MVP.
This is a first in our Industry to not only alter MAP, but to focus on the Dealers and Manufacturers pockets! This program is currently being Supported by SEMA and in use by other companies like; Hartman (lugage), Coach, Bose, Michelin, and Maytag. This Program will soon include Serial Coding all products to track sales (and voilators)... same as an actuall retail store like Wal-Mart, Game-Stop, etc...

https://www.msdpmvp.com/(S(ogp5zxjdi...z45))/faq.aspx
Maximum Value Program - Frequently Asked Questions

Why is MSD Performance introducing an authorized dealer program?
MSD Performance (MSDP) is introducing an authorized dealer program and a new pricing policy to maintain the long-term strength of its brands, to make sure that only quality dealers carry the products and to make sure there are sufficient margins for these valuable dealers to continue to support MSD Ignition, Superchips, Edge Products and Racepak products.

How do I sign up to become an authorized dealer?
Fill out at authorized dealer agreement on this website. You can also contact your local sales rep or MSDP at 915 856 2788 to request a form. Fax your signed form to 915 856 2118; or mail to: MVP Officer, MSD Performance, 1490 Henry Brennan Drive, El Paso, TX, 79936.

Do I have to sign four authorized dealer agreements?
There is one dealer agreement for all MSDP companies – MSD Ignition, Superchips, Edge Products and Racepak. When signing up, you select the applicable brands.

If I only sell one or two MSD/Superchips/Edge/Racepak products a year, should I still sign up for all the brands?
Yes, this way when the time comes, you are already authorized to sell that brand.

How will my WD know that I am an authorized dealer?
MSDP is working closely with the WDs to make sure they have a current list of authorized dealers, and violators.

How much does this cost?
The program is FREE, MVP is designed to benefit you, the dealer.

What is the new pricing policy?
The MVP pricing policy establishes minimum resale prices – the price a consumer actually pays – for MSD Ignition, Superchips, Edge Products and Racepak.

How can MVP be violated?
If you sell a MVP product below the MVP pricing – the actual price a consumer pays for the product - you will violate the Policy.

What are the Penalties for violating the policy?
If you violate the Policy, you will no longer be able to purchase that specific brand. For example, if you sell the MSD 6-AL below MVP pricing of $236.80, you will no longer be able to purchase MSD Ignition products - but you may continue to buy Superchips, Edge Products and Racepak if you are an authorized dealer for those brands as well.

How long will I be penalized for?
The penalty for violating the policy is indefinite.

When will the new pricing policy go into effect?
MVP pricing will go into effect April 2007.

How does MVP work with MAP?
MVP replaces the MAP programs.

What is MVP product pricing?
MVP pricing will be the same as map pricing. You can find a list of current MVP prices at My MVP page.

Are there any discounts allowed?
The MVP pricing policy allows for free installation, free shipping and free dynamometer tests – these free services are not counted as discounts. All other discounts that bring the price paid for the product below MVP are violations of the policy.

What are examples of what I am not allowed to do?
Examples of violations include any discount that would bring the net-realized price paid to below the MVP price – examples include offering 10% off the MVP price, a coupon to be used on a future purchase, instant or mail-in rebates, free gas card, etc….

Do I sign the pricing policy?
You sign up to be an authorized dealer. You do NOT sign our pricing policy – this is unilateral policy – meaning we announce it and you passively choose to accept it or not.

Is this Legal?
This is legal. U.S. antitrust law states that it is lawful for manufacturers to adopt a policy regarding resale prices and to deal only with resellers that independently choose to follow the policy. Many companies in other industries have already implemented a similar program.

This has been a huge issue for a long time, and it seems that its finnaly coming to light. I am going to post something that LOGAN @ ASPEC posted on OG-Made not long ago, because it has merit, and follows this topic for good reason.

The Customer Is Always Right? Quit Playin Ya Self.

Wow. Never thought the guys at OG Made would ever let someone like me get on the soapbox. But to cut to the chase, some of you know me as “A Spec Logan,” and I’ve got the green light to waste some of their precious bandwidth. This is a long read, so my apologies, but waa waa boo hoo (let Mommy know you’ll be late for dinner). A lot of you NEED to read this.

I’m no genius, but as a result of showing up to work everyday, I have noticed that there is a way of being a “successful” customer, and a way to being a bad one. Our market is one of the only ones where the customer AUTOMATICALLY assumes the price is negotiable and as a result doesn’t see the bigger picture. Here’s a few tips that have been marinating in my brain:

1. Don’t be an asshole:
Although cliché, as your moms told you, treat others as you want to be treated. If you call me and act like an ass and give me attitude, I have even less reason to give you good pricing or preferential treatment. Don’t be a brown noser either, cause I can see right through that. And don’t take your bad day out on the salesman, cause that’s just being selfish.

2. People make mistakes:
Sometimes there will be mistakes made, and regardless of who’s fault it is, attempt to be understanding about it. If you are understanding, the seller will try to FIND a solution, rather than waste time fighting it out with you.

3. Be patient:
Special orders take time, shipping takes time, deliveries take time, picking up parts takes time, so be understanding rather than upset at every little thing that isn’t going your way.

4. Don’t ask me for sponsorships:
This isn’t a handout contest. Earn your way to the top with your OWN hard work, money, and elbow grease. Then get OFFERED sponsorships or help with your project, rather than beginning with nothing to show for it. You gotta EARN respect, you can’t expect it from the get go. And don’t get braggadocious about it…if you need to brag to me about why you should have sponsors, then maybe that’s why you don’t have any.

5. Asking about price matching:
A lot of shops offer “price matching” and as a result customers try to use this as leverage while hitting other shops up for price quotes. There is a way to be tactful about it, and immediately telling me “wow that’s expensive I can get it at ABC Motors for $XXX” is not a good way to go about it (see #1). If you can get a cheaper price than what I can do, then by all means do it, but don’t cry to me when the shop doesn’t come through on their end. Cliché alert! If its too good to be true then…yeah.

6. Don’t be a lowballer:
If you ask me “can you go any lower” when I’ve already given you a price break, that just becomes irritating (yet again, see #1). I am more than willing to hook it up on price, but goddamn this isn’t a haggle contest. You don’t go into the supermarket and ask for half off on the creamed corn, do you?

7. Don’t believe everything you read:
The internet has a wealth of good information. The internet also has a wealth of CRAP ASS information. Use your brain and choose wisely, and learn from real life experience.

8. Be loyal:
A lot of my customers buy from me time and time again, and this is probably one of the best feelings to see a returning customer. They might not always get the lowest price, and might have been able to save a couple bucks going elsewhere, but the fact that they come back and shop with me makes me even more willing to help them out the next time around.

9. Running my stickers won’t change a damn thing:
Running a shop’s sticker shouldn’t be some kind of exchange for discount. You should run it because you WANT TO SUPPORT THE SHOP.

10. Buy QUALITY products:
Demand the best! Do it right the first time! So many mottos run through my head, but it’s so true. You wonder why the current market is being bombarded with low-priced shitty quality controlled crap? If you don’t buy quality products (as featured by OG Made), then you’ll be left without any good choices, and all the great Japanese companies who have come to the USA will have to pack up and take it home.

Crap, I wanted to make it an even 10, but:
11. BUSINESSES NEED TO MAKE MONEY TO OPERATE:
Gasp! Are you seriousss!? You need profit to operate a business? YOU SHARKS! LOL. Let’s get real folks…if you want GOOD shops to stay around, then you need to support them, so stop trying to squeeze every fricken penny out of us to YOUR benefit. Paying cash doesn’t mean no sales tax! Shipping to a business address doesn’t magically cut freight cost in half! Good service costs money too. You gotta eat, and so do we.

enjoy...
Peace
Drew