Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
chad g

Trader Rating: (0)
chad g is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6' 2" and i need a racing bucket.

im in the market for a cheap bucket seat that will hold me in place. my budget is $500 for a seat and sliders or mounts. i have harnesses.

my delema is i've been searching for a couple weeks on how i can get a seat to sit low enough to clear my helmet.

there are others who have posted this similar questions but no one seems to give a budget-friendly setup or even definite specs are rare. im obviously going to need a side mount bucket. who makes a cheap one? im not worried about getting a brand name seat, i just want something that works. also, what rails do i get? i know i'm going to need to bash down the catalytic converter tunnel. i need more insight so i can narrow my search.
chad g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Custom bracket with whatever seat you find that fits you. None of the off the shelf brackets

I have a sparco evo 2 plus, and I've also had regular Sparco Evo 2. The wider seats don't work with the off-the-shelf brackets (bride, nams, nagisa, buddy club).
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
The "Planted" seat brackets are the lowest that I have ever seen by far. Get the low model and run it without any sliders. As for a seat, your budget is small enough that used is your best option. I wouldn't buy any racing bucket that wasn't FIA certified originally at least...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Definitely not get the aftermarket slider seat rails they will not fit any large sized bucket seat. I have an evo 2 seat with buddy club sliders and my head literally are an inch away from the ceiling with the cushion taken out. Im only 5'10, and im forced to find a shop to make me a custom seat bracket.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nujabe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i run nagisa rails and bride zeta 3..they go so low.. my seat hits the floor.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
different car ,or big hammer to the floor and mount seat! enjoy .
Old 06-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Why is everyone talking abotu wide buckets? I've read the OP like 4 times looking for where that was mentioned.

I have a wedge bracket with recaro sidemount brackets on my sparco pro 2000. I cut out the center of the seat bracket in the rear to lower the seat more. I am just under 6ft tall and i can stand my hand up on top of my head and still have room to move it up and down (about 1/2").

My buddy got the planted super low brackets. His seat interferes with the front sidemount bracket so he's still one level up from the lowest. I have about 1/2" more room on top of my head with his setup than mine. With a different seat he could lower it even more. His setup is the first that I have ever sat in that actually feels like it's as low as the stock seat. I have sat in a LOT of different setups. Nagisa, Bride, and Buddy Club don't even come close. Remember though that we are running without any sliders. From my experience that's the ONLY way to get the seat even close to as low as the stock one...
Old 06-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #8
corby_baby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
corby_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
The "Planted" seat brackets are the lowest that I have ever seen by far. Get the low model and run it without any sliders. As for a seat, your budget is small enough that used is your best option. I wouldn't buy any racing bucket that wasn't FIA certified originally at least...
This, im 6.0' and my seats are mounted straight to the planted bracket no sliders. Fit fine with helmet

Bride low max v2 with cushions. If you take the cushions out you will obviously be lower
corby_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:45 AM   #9
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Willing you aren't tall and fat, you could probably fit in any seat out there comfortably. From there, you can either make custom brackets or custom mounting points and go from there.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #10
gambit420s
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
gambit420s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You don't need to be fat to need a plus sized seat, At 6'5" my shoulder blades hit the beltholes on some seats, and the bottom of my helmet can catch on the top of the seat.

My Profi XL is 2" taller and has raised belt holes

Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
racepar1
Post Whore!

Huh, I didn't think about the backrest being taller on the XL's...
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
That's why I have an evo 2 plus -- taller backrest, and the seat itself is narrower than the evo 2 by a little bit. But it's still too wide to fit on off-the-shelf rails.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
Drift_FX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Drift_FX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
cut the hump out from under your seat, weld in your own bracket to the floor, and then you will have a 4" drop....... you can run any seat you want and have clearance......

im 6'4" and with a side-mount bucket seat the top of my shoulder sits at the top of my door and I have at least 3"+ of room above my helmet....
Drift_FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #14
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have the recaro spg seat using a nagisa bracket/rail combo. I modified the nagisa unit a little bit (rear mounts). Other than that I flattened the catalytic hump as much as I could. At one point my seat was comfortably on the floor board (without the stupid angle that most people have making your bucket look like a recliner). That was too low for me being 6 foot so I raised it up a couple inches. I would have had plenty of room for a helmet in both setups.
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote