Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
rhdsilvi85
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
rhdsilvi85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ok, searching need some help engine tick and mbc questions

ok everyone so I've been on a search and destroy mission trying to figure this out and I just dont' get it..

ok so I drove my car for the first time in a year after it got worked on.. and I noticed its got a ticking sound.. at a cruise speed it doesn't tick but at when I give it gas it start to make tickin sound.. so I know I have exhaust leak which im going to fix it tomorrow but anything else? I tried the hammer trick for the tick and it didn't work.. I know what the injectors firing sounds like and its not that either.. some one said it could be air in the lifter?

second question is my turbo xs boost controller

I have it connected waste gate to side of the controller and bottom of controller to the nipple on the hot pipe is that correct? I have I turned all the way to the - side and I took my car out and hit like 15lbs and said oh shit and it wasn't even under full throttle any other way to test if this isn't working? or maybe im just dumb..

thanks guys
rhdsilvi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links