Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
LV1990Nate

Trader Rating: (0)
LV1990Nate is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA24DE Timing Issue

I re did my timing will all new parts by FRSport, and I followed all the FSM procedures it has told me too do , and triple checked everything before I put the timing cover back on, and now I start my car, it holds idle , but when I try too rev the car, it doesn't want too rev at all, just acts like it wants too die out. Its kind of a noob question, but im not really sure what it is, I thought maybe the dizzy was off but I have it at 12 o clock position and I advanced it and nothing seemed too work. If anyone can help, it'll be much appreciated!
LV1990Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check your distributor timing again, I had the same thing and it was a little too fast. So you gonna have to retard it most likely. Unless you messed up timing which happens...good luck.

I'm actually on the way to the garage to start breaking everything down for a timing chain change. I dreaded this, but needs to get done. :'(
NismoDriverS13 is offline   Reply With Quote