Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
Rayez

Trader Rating: (0)
Rayez is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sr20det a/c problems

Alright so I just recently installed and sr20det into my 1990 Nissan 240sx and I am currently trying to hook up my ac I got all the lines fabricated and everything is hooked up lines condenser dryer belt etc I went and evaped the system and charged it the issue I am having now is the compressor is not turning on??? I went and looked down and only found 1 electrical connector that goes straight to the compressor and theres another wire spliced off that wire that I have no idea where it connects to when I turn on the car and try to turn the ac switch on it does not light up and I also went and checked the fuses those where fine as well, and before anyone jumps the gun and tells me to do my research I have I just have not been ables to find a DETAILED guide with PICTURES so please if anyone have any ideas lmk my friend has the same set up in his 240 but he doesn't have either of those connectors connected and his works perfectly fine any ideas??? would be much appreciated
Rayez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Rayez

bumppppppppppppp
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
Rayez

Bummmmmpppp
Old 10-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Rayez

Someone please help....
Old 10-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ok I'll help. That wire is the 12v switch it turns the compressor on by sending a signal. I believe the compressor grounds itself through the mounts. If anything in the system is off it won't trigger the compress. So if the pressure sensor, which is in the drier I believe, doesn't see the right pressure it won't switch the compressor on. Also the climate control box could be malfunctioning I had to replace my original when I got my ac hooked up
Old 10-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
rswails
Leaky Injector

rswails is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayez View Post
DETAILED guide with PICTURES
I found one within 15seconds of google searching, however I'm decent at searching.

S14 SR20DET into S13 240sx Swap

Read and understand that whole article to make sure you have your wiring setup properly so that the A/C wiring discussed in the article works. Also be sure to look at these links that are at the bottom of the article.

My Wiring info, Download here —>http://mestiso.net/photogaller…3.doc

Decoded JDM Zenki S14 Sr20DET pinout, Download here —>http://mestiso.net/photogaller…d.xls

USDM S13 DOHC pinot, Download here —>http://mestiso.net/photogaller…t.xls
rswails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #7
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
do you have 12v at the compressor ?
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Does the AC light turn on in the dash? If not, you don't have refrigerant or your pressure switch is fouled up.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote