Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #91
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SochBAT View Post
Like others have posted, I think a majority of us moved on to bigger and better things (guns/homes/careers) and don't have the drive to work on shiny pieces of shit anymore.
only the ones that don't receive the proper care are pieces of shit, being a 25yo car doesn't make it a piece of shit.
Like a lot of you have said, these cars are just getting old and a big percentage of the people who were into this "scene" have moved on. There is less new blood coming into this "scene" than getting out of it, hence the slower traffic. Unfortunately most of the new blood are MOSTLY kids who dont have patience nor the enthusiasm to do things right, and the moment they get criticized they opt for another kind of media where they feel more accepted, that would be facebook, insta-whatever and all that other shit...
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #92
kingJurzy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
kingJurzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Dead FAQs, Missing Pictures, Google indexing, Search Function, Old and incomplete Q&A threads, and large threads with too much scattered information.

If you Google or search for your specific question, you're going to end up in a thread where someone says that you need to search or that it's been answered before... only to then find the thread in question with dead links, 10 years old and MIA pictures.

That's my 2 cents, this place needs a deeeeeeeep cleaning.
This times 100000.

I'm a visual learner and if I mess up I want to be able to back track and know where I went wrong. I am all for doing things the right way the first time but if all I get is "the search function is there for a reason" and I have to sift through multiple threads that only somewhat answer my questions then how does that help me learn how to DIY.

No one in my family is mechanically gifted and I want to be able to fix my own stuff so I can get back on the road faster and getting back to doing what I love.
kingJurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:17 PM   #93
nick Ritter
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick Ritter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
everyone in my area pulled out of the "scene" group meets are getting smaller and sometimes get called off because everyones busy. I'm one of few locals left …… like stated above people are moving on to houses/family/children/careers... its a busy world people can't keep up with it all. I don't think Facebook really has anything to do with it … have any of you guys ever used it ? it sucks IMO, the forums are much better. on top of that its extremely hard to find a decant 240 that hasn't been beat to shit and some people want a fortune for them !

just my $0.02
nick Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #94
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I think this is a good example

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=569290
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:16 PM   #95
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Another point I hate is the inactivity. There are a handful of threads that get constant attention, but no one seems to want to banter anymore.

SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:31 PM   #96
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Maybe the community in general. Id say one out of five people i meet are mature and not trying to rip you off. At least three people within a two month span that i bought or planned to buy parts showed up high, tried to sell me a part that is completely wrong, attempt to get more money in person or just in general say dumb ass shit about what i should do with my carl

Unless I see someone that looks older when im driving, I honestly dont even make eye contact anymore
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #97
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Maybe the community in general. Id say one out of five people i meet are mature and not trying to rip you off. At least three people within a two month span that i bought or planned to buy parts showed up high, tried to sell me a part that is completely wrong, attempt to get more money in person or just in general say dumb ass shit about what i should do with my carl

Unless I see someone that looks older when im driving, I honestly dont even make eye contact anymore
I feel the same way. If I see someone driving a 240 and they look late 20s or older I will wave at them or talk to them if I see them in a lot or something, but I cant even talk to the young guys, they just ramble on about the dumbest shit they wanna do and I just sit there and say "ya" "ok". I just cant wait until they move to something else.. aka older BMWs and rwd sedans.

I guess that kinda makes me an asshole 240 owner but honestly, its impossible to find anyone around here with a 240 that doesnt treat it like a peice of shit and is trying to make it into some kinda bashed up artwork that they think is fuckin cool.. or a $500 car with a $2000 set of wheels.. right..
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #98
nick Ritter
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_ryder View Post
I feel the same way. If I see someone driving a 240 and they look late 20s or older I will wave at them or talk to them if I see them in a lot or something, but I cant even talk to the young guys, they just ramble on about the dumbest shit they wanna do and I just sit there and say "ya" "ok". I just cant wait until they move to something else.. aka older BMWs and rwd sedans.

I guess that kinda makes me an asshole 240 owner but honestly, its impossible to find anyone around here with a 240 that doesnt treat it like a peice of shit and is trying to make it into some kinda bashed up artwork that they think is fuckin cool.. or a $500 car with a $2000 set of wheels.. right..
you might be over thinking everything to much, SOME of that "bashed up artwork" is really unique and creative after all. and no my car is not like that i like it as clean as possible !
Old 01-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #99
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick Ritter View Post
you might be over thinking everything to much, SOME of that "bashed up artwork" is really unique and creative after all. and no my car is not like that i like it as clean as possible !
For sure, its tough to have a open mind when you see alot of garbage and general disregard for the chassis.
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #100
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry@Fortune-Auto View Post
I will say that the s-chassis market is not dying. We have sold more s-chassis coilovers this year then ever before.
How many of those are new 240 owners? I'm willing to bet a large portion of them are existing 240 owners ditching their blown Teins with a new set of Fortunes. Fortune seems the be one of the few coilover brands that still attempt at marketing. Jap labels like Tein, Cusco, and HKS really don't market their products towards S chassis anymore.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:56 PM   #101
nick Ritter
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
How many of those are new 240 owners? I'm willing to bet a large portion of them are existing 240 owners ditching their blown Teins with a new set of Fortunes. Fortune seems the be one of the few coilover brands that still attempt at marketing. Jap labels like Tein, Cusco, and HKS really don't market their products towards S chassis anymore.
+1 totally agree !
Old 01-01-2015, 09:16 PM   #102
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
There's no reason to it's a 20+ year old car. Their focus is on what's hot now

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #103
joeapple8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
joeapple8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Can we just use the IP address of the spam accounts and just DDOS attack the host or block them? I'm sure the IP address are proxied and mirrored, but it's a suggestion.

or

Restricting new accounts to post only on introduction threads, and once a post on the introduction page passes its requirements, the user then will be able to post on the rest of zilvia's threads and boards.
joeapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:13 AM   #104
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
If you don't know these products exist for a 240 at this point, then it is highly unlikely that you are going to buy them anyway.

You can thank the EMUS, Raceland, Megan, insert ebay brand here for that as well. Who wants to even try and compete when your price point is double the ebay junk and "just as good for the money"...

These brands are marketing to FRS/BRZs and Genesis coupes now. their buyers are a little older, have the credit to buy a new(er) car, and aren't "ratchet" spec in most cases as the ones modding them are also daily driving them and care if their parts last more than 6 months.

I remember when Tein was a big player and big name, but honestly I don't even hear them talked about in my almost 30 generation anymore. The BC products I have used killed the Teins I have had, and I feel like cusco tried even less to get into the US market place. Least Tein was advertising in Super street and other tuner mags, plus they were doing Hot import nights back in the day... I don't think Cusco went even that far, less I just don't remember.

I don't see many new products for the S chassis anymore period, less it is Chinese replicas. Most everything has been done, less you feel like creating it yourself. The China thing may play a part as well about that as who wants to make anything if it is just going to get ripped off anyway.

I think the lack of nice and clean ones for reasonable prices and the large selection of other platforms with more to offer at similar price points is really what is sending the 240 to s12 land.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:17 AM   #105
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeapple8 View Post
Can we just use the IP address of the spam accounts and just DDOS attack the host or block them? I'm sure the IP address are proxied and mirrored, but it's a suggestion.

or

Restricting new accounts to post only on introduction threads, and once a post on the introduction page passes its requirements, the user then will be able to post on the rest of zilvia's threads and boards.

I use to have a spam issue on my forum and what I did was block IPs from foreign countries that really have no reason to browse the forum. It was night/day difference. I also added CAPTCHA to the registration process.

Sure people can use a proxy, but the majority of these spammers are people getting paid pennies to make these posts...so they typically don't use a proxy.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #106
joeapple8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
joeapple8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
I use to have a spam issue on my forum and what I did was block IPs from foreign countries that really have no reason to browse the forum. It was night/day difference. I also added CAPTCHA to the registration process.

Sure people can use a proxy, but the majority of these spammers are people getting paid pennies to make these posts...so they typically don't use a proxy.

Redirect all foreign traffic to DPRK, most of these spam accounts are from INDIA, NIGERIA, PHILIPPINES ( might have a problem with real car people trying to get on ) CHINA, and the list goes on.
joeapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #107
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Japan is still messing with the S-Chassis

This hyper rev mook was released 2-3 months ago...

Yes, there are a ton of existing parts, but there are still quality Japanese brands who are still down with S chassis production of parts.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:50 PM   #108
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Zilvia would flourish once again with the resurrection of the reputation points system.

Jussayin'
Old 01-02-2015, 11:01 PM   #109
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
These are in no particular order.

1. Spam is annoying.

2. The people who use to be active have moved on to other cars and lifestyles.

3. There isn't a huge need to be on here. Most all the new members are cheap, broke, and full of excuses.

4. Not much to talk about anymore. All of the 240 tech and chat things have been gone over before.

5. The people who use to be active on here, might not have left cars. But they are busy doing things with their cars. It's just outside of forums.

6. There was a time when you use to know all the main people on zilvia. Now it's just a whole bunch of random people.

No, Facebook, tumblr, instagram, ect. has nothing to do with it.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #110
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post

1. Spam is annoying.

3. There isn't a huge need to be on here. Most all the new members are cheap, broke, and full of excuses.

4. Not much to talk about anymore. All of the 240 tech and chat things have been gone over before.

5. The people who use to be active on here, might not have left cars. But they are busy doing things with their cars. It's just outside of forums.

6. There was a time when you use to know all the main people on zilvia. Now it's just a whole bunch of random people.

What he said.

The Zilvia community doesn't feel like a community of people you know anymore. There was a time when most of us older members almost always called each other our real names on here.

I can probably speak for a fraction of us older guys. But for me, I have kids now, a demanding career, and a home. There's just more things in my life taking up my time other than a car forum. Hell, I don't even have a fun car at the moment. Fucking priorities.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #111
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Zilvia died with the exodus of chmercer, ESmorz, Farzam, and BustedS13 from Off Topic Chat.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:13 PM   #112
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Zilvia died with the exodus of chmercer, ESmorz, Farzam, and BustedS13 from Off Topic Chat.
It waa the end of Rep that killed it IMO.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #113
claaasssiiiccc21
Leaky Injector

claaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
This says it all.

A lot of the new s-chasis owners think this is ok and cool. I will always love my 240. I really only come here to read a few build threads and just browse the classifieds.
LOL this. But seriously for many reasons.
1. 240s were popular during/just after the 2008 recession which made the cheap entry price attractive.
At that time there was not a large "used" parts market for EVO/STI type cars, and those cars were still north of $25,000 at that point.

2. Also, fast and the furious helped a lot whether we like to admit it or not, similar to the honda/dsm scene in 2001-2003. New fast and furious movies left S-chassis out of focus killing the car's credibility.

3. Drifting has killed off a lot of these cars because idiots think its cool to crash and smash every fender they can on S chassis, ruining the value of the car. Once a 240 is "missled" it completely takes itself out of the market as a presentable street car, only being valuable to a drifter.

3.5 240s are really a ghetto ride now, 5 years ago a CLEAN Kouki s14/s13 could be driven to a job interview and not be taken as a joke immature jacka$$. Nowadays 240s scream broke a$$, or high school kid copying off his older brother from 5-10 years before.

4. RUST

5. Us. Being horribly rude to new guys. A certain 15 guys are always posting on every nube's question and just shitting on them to the point of popularity for "oh damn, this guy is gonna get burned". We were all new at 1 point. There was a point when i couldn't wire up an SR20 blindfolded at night in adverse conditions by feel, and while its cool that many of us have built 5-10 of these cars from scratch and have small nissan junkyards in our garages, we need to respect the new guys for at least trying to learn and not just asking the idiot behind the counter at AutoZone.

6. Moderators. What the hell has happened to this place? So many damn rules, texting for pics bans and that bullshatt... Its getting ridiculous and has forced many including myself to go elsewhere... Nico... gag...

7. That kid who asked if an RB25 was too much for a 17 year old, and if he should have started his pro nascar/D1/monster truck career with a lowly SR. That kid needs his Del Sol back.
claaasssiiiccc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:45 PM   #114
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I blame everything on dorkidork, err... dorkidori
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:24 PM   #115
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by claaasssiiiccc21 View Post
4. RUST
This is what led to me selling mine. The brief period of time it spent up north began to take it's toll...and then as soon as that first, tiny crack developed in the dash, it was on craigslist that day and sold 2 weeks later.

I had enough of getting nickel-dimed on an entry level car...moved onto a bigger and better project.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #116
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol why does everyone rag on dorki
He seems like a cool guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #117
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post

1. Spam is annoying.

Every reason above is exactly why I've been a ghost around here for the last 5-6 years. Especially 2, 5, and 6. A lot of the older members on Zilvia are just that... Older. Many of us who were heavily active on here 7-10 years ago are now in our VERY late 20s or into our 30s and even approaching 40 for some I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
What he said.

The Zilvia community doesn't feel like a community of people you know anymore. There was a time when most of us older members almost always called each other our real names on here

I can attest to this. Many highly active members on here were/are real friends and everyone, especially premium members, added to a sense of online community. I was involved in more than a couple circles on this forum that really took the time and effort to help one another out and get to know one another to some extent. Things such as free parts to help people out, arranging events, bantering in the RTT (if you know what that is you know what I'm getting at about community), and even dealing with the death of a forum member/friend are all things that have taken place among a group that used to frequent here much more often.

I come on here and either I have no idea who they are (98% of users) or I know their first name, where they live, what they do, and even have their phone number. A lot of that small group has just moved on with life but some still have S-chassis' or similar. I have a Fairlady Z sitting in my garage.

Quote:
It waa the end of Rep that killed it IMO.
Truth... Things did start dying off when rep stopped. But all of the above was inevitable - people move on in life.

But apparently you and I are both still here.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:45 AM   #118
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Miata.net forums are up 46%, Zilvia.net is down 46%.
The only reason Miata forums have increased in popularity is due to the legalization of gay marriages. Get your facts straight. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
the 240sx will eventually join the s12 into obscurity.
Maybe. But the S12 was and still is a piece of shit chassis. The S13, S14 and S15 however, are NOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac2828 View Post
I can see this... I think this goes back to the mods. I've seen so many new threads by new members from Australia, or somewhere in Europe and they're all nice and fluffy and their genuinely nice thread introducing themselves and their car gets locked and they get made fun of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacKisBacK_Fr View Post
Agree with the above, that's why me and a lot of foreigners do not come here or post anymore.
Many other car foras are still very alive just because the mods are a lot more active and the members a lot more mature and helpful, not just posers acting like racist dickheads...
Back in the day, no one from overseas posted here. Nowadays, I see more foreigners posting on Zilvia and I think its great. If you are that sensitive and you think people here are dicks, simple - dont post. I own other cars and you know what, I dont post/contribute on those forums because I think the forum sucks and the people are ignorant. Try posting on ClubLexus or ClubRoadster, no thanks. The nice thing about Zilvia is that it was and still is a place where you can (for the most part) speak your mind. If you want to tell someone to play hide and go fuck themselves, you can. And I dont think its without merit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
I have to say the Spam is getting overwhelming lately. Maybe is the lack of new posts that aren't spam, but it sure doesn't help. Neither does being on what ever antiquated Version of VB we are on here either.
THIS_IS_THE_FUCKING_PROBLEM. I get less spam in my e-mail than I see here. And if its one thing that makes my erection go away, its fucking SPAM. I'd rather go watch some free porn than sift through the myriad of SPAM thats hit this forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
once mike figures out how to put a LFA engine into an s13 Zilvia will be buzzing again
I'm workin on it bud, I'm workin on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantwo3 View Post
If zilvias users have dropped i say GOOD!!!!!!! Lets weed out the temporary from the dedicated. Even as users grow up and move on with there live if there enthusisasts for s chassis the car will always remain regardless of statistics.
Yes, I agree. And it appears that this attitude has helped separate the men from the boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Dead FAQs, Missing Pictures, Google indexing, Search Function, Old and incomplete Q&A threads, and large threads with too much scattered information. That's my 2 cents, this place needs a deeeeeeeep cleaning.
This is the story of the internet, bud. We've got a over abundance of information nowadays. For one, I have started attaching photos in tech threads as opposed to hosting them elsewhere. This keeps threads and photos archived.

Quote:
The Zilvia community doesn't feel like a community of people you know anymore. There was a time when most of us older members almost always called each other our real names on here.

I can probably speak for a fraction of us older guys. But for me, I have kids now, a demanding career, and a home. There's just more things in my life taking up my time other than a car forum. Hell, I don't even have a fun car at the moment. Fucking priorities.
Such is life, bud. We all get older, and with that our priorities change.

---------------

I'll be honest, I've read a lot of comments about people complaining that the older members here are being too hard on the younger members. I think this is bullshit. Here in SoCal, there are still some really cool newer 240 owners that I have met over the years. Take Mike who runs Skullworks. I give him a lot of respect because he simply wrenches and puts work in. Anyone who fucking uses their head and fabricates - instantly gets respect. Then theres the rest of you new fucks, who want parts are bargain prices, who dont know how to turn a wrench. You fucking fake-ass car enthusiasts need to take a fuckin hike _OR_ pickup a service manual, get yourself some wrenches and learn to put in work.

And this friends, is the problem with the community.

btw, why is this in off-topic? This should be in chat. This is far from being off-topic.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:25 AM   #119
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
I want to address the miata.net vs zilvia.net activity

it makes sense miata.net would continue to sustain and even grow. Miatas are still in production. As x number of Miatas are sold, a fraction of that number become car enthusiasts that join the online community.

The number of S chassis cars out in the world will always go down because they get crashed or parted out and are not in production. So there was already a fininte number of these in the world, and everyday more 240sx's are taken out of the system without any being added.

See the difference? Its not a fair comparison. You would have to compare Zilvia.net to something like a Prelude specific forum or a 1g/2g Eclipes specific forum (not Honda-Tech or DSMtuner). I have not done any research, but i am willing to bet they will see the same trend.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:43 AM   #120
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
I want to address the miata.net vs zilvia.net activity

it makes sense miata.net would continue to sustain and even grow. Miatas are still in production. As x number of Miatas are sold, a fraction of that number become car enthusiasts that join the online community.

The number of S chassis cars out in the world will always go down because they get crashed or parted out and are not in production. So there was already a fininte number of these in the world, and everyday more 240sx's are taken out of the system without any being added.

See the difference? Its not a fair comparison. You would have to compare Zilvia.net to something like a Prelude specific forum or a 1g/2g Eclipes specific forum (not Honda-Tech or DSMtuner). I have not done any research, but i am willing to bet they will see the same trend.
well I agree with you on the miata comparison.

"Here you will find dedicated and knowledgeable Nissan Owners, Member Rides, Photo Galleries, Blogs, Technical Articles, Marketplace, Group Buys, Reviews, Installs, Drifting, and Links.

We are collaborative group dedicated to all S13, S14, S15, Z32, Z33, Z34 chassis sport cars, Nissan's greatest."

is what Zilvia is and Z chassis are still on the dealer lot. Those new members who are buying them have so many Z specific boards and this place was/is overwhelmed with S chassis owners and lack the information and data about the later model products. They aren't as over loaded with "children" either. Having owned a G and seen what the kind of culture and what is "in" with those communities is nothing that would be popular to discuss here (LED interior lights, what the best dealer in town is, and what exhaust sounds best)

I don't own either an S or Z right now, and I know there are others out that still join without ever even owning a Nissan (miata owners, S2k owners, BRZ, FRS, ect) because of the depth of "drifter" crowd and "wheel whores" that are still appealing items even if you aren't able to discuss why a SAFC isn't a proper tuning component for a KA-T.

There are problems, this has been discussed at length. Till vendors start pulling $ and stop supporting the board, not much will change. It is more profitable to do nothing. I know the mods get flamed for a lot, but the work they do provide (for nothing I might add) is awesome. You think it is bad with the "little work they do", it could be so much worse...