Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #61
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
It's not that serious guys. lol
Xbox is super serious business... bro

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #62
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
It's not that serious guys. lol
Just seriously not serious.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #63
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Are our memberships going to be able to switch over to the new xbox? I'm debating selling me xbox right now before the price drops to five dollars
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #64
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
I'm debating selling me xbox right now before the price drops to five dollars
That's kinda what I'm leaning towards as well.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #65
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Quote:
Are our memberships going to be able to switch over to the new xbox? I'm debating selling me xbox right now before the price drops to five dollars
Well it's an xbl membership. So yes. I got in on gamestops trade in deal of the century and offloaded my old first Gen 360 and a bunch of miscellaneous crap for one of the new revised editions which ended up only being 50$ out of pocket. Ill keep that for a 2nd TV streaming and data storage.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 05-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #66
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Well my brother also said it should be. So as of five seconds ago I just took pictures and putting it on criags as we speak. I only play it once a month if that. My brother also has a 360 anyways. So ill transfer my account to there till or if I get a new xbox.
As it already goes they aren't worth shit. So ill sale it now cause prices are only going down
Old 05-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #67
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Well my brother also said it should be. So as of five seconds ago I just took pictures and putting it on criags as we speak. I only play it once a month if that. My brother also has a 360 anyways. So ill transfer my account to there till or if I get a new xbox.
As it already goes they aren't worth shit. So ill sale it now cause prices are only going down
Once xbox 1 was announced they automatically started to depreciate. May wanna hold off on selling so soon, gamestop or someone may offer a tasty deal in the coming months. So therein is the gamble.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #68
future
Post Whore!

If I can get the 150 I spent on it I'm satisfied. Like I said I'm not looking anything cause I'm keeping half the stuff I got it with.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #69
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
You guys should read this. The potential is pretty amazing.

Microsoft: Cloud Will Quadruple Power of Xbox One

Quote:
Apparently when consumers purchase an Xbox One console this holiday season, they'll actually have four: one physical, and three virtual that will reside in the cloud.

Group program manager of Xbox Incubation & Prototyping Jeff Henshaw recently told OXM that for every console Microsoft builds, it will provision the CPU and storage equivalent of three Xbox One consoles in the cloud. This allows developers to assume that there's roughly three times the resources immediately available to their game. Thus, developers can build bigger, persistent levels that are more inclusive for players.

"It's also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we're effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud]," added Xbox Australia rep Adam Pollington. "If you look to the cloud as something that is no doubt going to evolve and grow over time, it really spells out that there's no limit to where the processing power of Xbox One can go. I think that's a very exciting proposition, not only for Australians, but anyone else who's going to pick up the Xbox One console."

So what exactly will the Xbox One do with all that cloud processing power and storage? General Manager of Redmond Game Studios and Platforms Matt Booty gave Ars Technica a scenario, describing a scene where the user is moving through a rugged terrain shrouded by volumetric fog.

"Let’s say you’re looking at a forest scene and you need to calculate the light coming through the trees, or you’re going through a battlefield and have very dense volumetric fog that’s hugging the terrain," he said. "Those things often involve some complicated up-front calculations when you enter that world, but they don’t necessarily have to be updated every frame. Those are perfect candidates for the console to offload that to the cloud—the cloud can do the heavy lifting, because you’ve got the ability to throw multiple devices at the problem in the cloud."

He also said that cloud computation could even handle physics modeling, fluid dynamics, and cloth motion which require a lot of up-front computation, without adding lag to the actual gameplay. Thus the server resources Microsoft is dedicating to these calculations will be much greater than what a single, local Xbox One console can do on its own.That's where the 3:1 cloud-console description comes into play.

"Game developers have always had to wrestle with levels of detail... managing where and when you show details is part of the art of games," Booty said. "One of the exciting challenges going forward is a whole new set of techniques to manage what is going to be offloaded to the cloud and what’s going to come back."

Xbox Live corporate VP Marc Whitten recently told OXM that Microsoft dialed back development of the new console until the company was confident that it could deliver a genuine technological leap over the current Xbox 360.

"Frankly a lot of people have said 'hey, stuff looks pretty cool on Xbox 360 - do we need more power?" he told OXM. "Is my TV going to be powerful enough?' And in fact, until we found that we'd got to a place where the stories could be different, the experience could be different, we didn't want to ship a next generation console. We've been using the Xbox 360 to continue to revive the experience, to go deeper. But it is clear that with power the types of stories you can do are fundamentally different."
Old 06-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #70
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
So basically the article is saying the console can spend more time rendering things like the character models, explosions etc and the cloud can render the other stuff that is not constant only, like water movement, wind, etc. Least that is what I take from it.

I hope at E3 they show a scene like that with and without the cloud.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #71
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
So basically the article is saying the console can spend more time rendering things like the character models, explosions etc and the cloud can render the other stuff that is not constant only, like water movement, wind, etc. Least that is what I take from it.

I hope at E3 they show a scene like that with and without the cloud.
Yeah, essentially. They can have the cloud rendering parts of the game so the console doesn't have to, so it's like having three console's worth of power at one time. THAT is impressive.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #72
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When I hear Cloud I hear Lag. How can it transmit all that data back and forth faster than the CPU can render?
Old 06-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #73
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
That's what i was thinking. Wouldn't the effectiveness of the Cloud also be dependent on the user's internet connection and ping to the servers?
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #74
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
yeah. server game/ping distance + peak hour + cloud + xbox instant messaging/ voice + your family streaming stuff. that's a lot of bandwidth lost.

but, its not a bad idea. kinda like folding for graphic processing.

so, does this mean xbox console gets to have graphic options in games? I don't see why its only limited to cloud servers, possibility of buying 3 xbox1 and increase its power. then crank up all the eye candy you want. that be nice.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #75
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
When I hear Cloud I hear Lag. How can it transmit all that data back and forth faster than the CPU can render?
Ummm, you guys ever heard of OnLive or Steam? Same damn thing only it's only offloading some of the stuff and the whole game is not streaming. OnLive supposedly (from what I've read) there is virtually no lag. The idea not entirely new, but how they are going about it is. Sure more people will be playing but they have the capability to handle that now.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #76
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
That's what i was thinking. Wouldn't the effectiveness of the Cloud also be dependent on the user's internet connection and ping to the servers?
Damn, the internet is out, now I gotta slay polygons instead of dragons in Skyrim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
This had me going for a while, great find!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #77
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post

This had me going for a while, great find!
Hahaha, that is funny.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #78
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Ummm, you guys ever heard of OnLive or Steam? Same damn thing only it's only offloading some of the stuff and the whole game is not streaming. OnLive supposedly (from what I've read) there is virtually no lag. The idea not entirely new, but how they are going about it is. Sure more people will be playing but they have the capability to handle that now.
OnLive is rendering the whole game and then streaming the video to your box. All the set-top box does is relay the controller commands to the server and stream the video back from it. So it's basically like any media streamer(Roku/boxee/TVBR with apps).

My question is what is in the data stream both ways. Rendering data and polygons and raw graphics back? That's a lot of data both ways. Why GFX cards are loading up with fast ram on board. It can store all the data they describe without having to push it though the PCI bottleneck all the time.

All I can see is the server doing pre-rendered backgrounds and streaming it to the xbox while it handles the characters and objects. Sort of a hybrid between onlive and the old days of the rendered backgrounds on disc.

Edit, found some people that agree with me:
Digital Foundry examines Xbox One cloud computation claims | Joystiq
In Theory: Can the Xbox One cloud transform next-gen gaming? • Articles • Eurogamer.net
Debunking Xbox One cloud myths
Old 06-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #79
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post

All I can see is the server doing pre-rendered backgrounds and streaming it to the xbox while it handles the characters and objects. Sort of a hybrid between onlive and the old days of the rendered backgrounds on disc.
Yeah, that's how I interpreted it.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #80
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Damn, the internet is out, now I gotta slay polygons instead of dragons in Skyrim.
i'm not saying that the console is going to be rendered completely useless, obviously that would not be the case. but the effectiveness of it's performance of rendering items in the cloud will depend on a person's internet connection.

correct me if im wrong though, but didnt that say that you HAVE to be connected to the internet in order use the xbox one?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #81
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
i'm not saying that the console is going to be rendered completely useless, obviously that would not be the case. but the effectiveness of it's performance of rendering items in the cloud will depend on a person's internet connection.

correct me if im wrong though, but didnt that say that you HAVE to be connected to the internet in order use the xbox one?

Microsoft has not said for 100% yes or no yet.
Microsoft Unclear Regarding Always-Online Xbox One - IGN

Though the latest rumor is that it will need to authenticate with the servers.
http://mp1st.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one...mes-regularly/
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #82
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
So if they say they have the means to enhance the Xbox through seamless cloud gaming integration, what is the point of even releasing a 'physical' hardware version of it? In a few years, the actual Xbox is what will be holding the Xbox experience back.
I feel that cloud computing will eventually render owning any kind of specialized technology obsolete. All one will physically need to own will be a controller/input device and a display.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #83
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Yeah, I don't know what they are gonna do. But to only get max graphics when connected to internet seems silly either way (even though you may only have 24 hours to play your box before it locks you out)
Old 06-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #84
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Though the latest rumor is that it will need to authenticate with the servers.
Xbox One - Internet Connection Required to Authenticate Games Regularly, No Used Game Fees - MP1st[/QUOTE]

"These checks will allegedly authenticate games by using an encryption code built into the game’s disc that will be installed to the hard drive. An internet connection will then be required to regularly verify that authentication code tied with that hard drive. If that game is installed to another hard drive on a different Xbox One, it will be deauthenticated on the original machine until re-installed."

So this is why they need online verification. They are letting you play the game without the disc in (I think) because it will be completely installed into the Nextbox. Now they want to double check that only one copy of the game is running because in practice, it could be loaned out like the high school whore and copied onto every box in the school district. I assume the re-install is only of the encryption key and not the game in its entirety.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #85
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
I assume the re-install is only of the encryption key and not the game in its entirety.
For their sake, i hope so. Having to re-install the whole game would be super lame.

and just for shit's and gig's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Ug29BVEPI
Old 06-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #86
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
For their sake, i hope so. Having to re-install the whole game would be super lame.

and just for shit's and gig's
OMFG, I am going to the store for a Wii RIGHT FUCK NOW!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #87
S14DB
AFC #1

Don't like how the Xbox One looks? Too bad now the 360 looks the same:

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-360-has-a...-tha-512305201

Free games ala PS+:
Free Games Coming to Xbox Live Gold Subscribers [Updated]

But, I just figured out 80pts = $1 a month ago...
http://kotaku.com/microsoft-points-a...ives-512316765
Old 06-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #88
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The brought the games at least. I think they were smart. They had one show to show off the hardware and the TV features and a second show to just show games. They showed 20 games.

A few games stood out to me like Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3.

And it's $499.

It'll be interesting to see what Sony has in store later today and Nintendo tomorrow. I mean if Sony comes out and says "It just for games" and they release it at $299 it will KILL the X Box One. But I don't see it being that cheap. My guess will be $399 - $499.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #89
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
$499 for XBOne

Your move Sony......
Old 06-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #90
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
$499 for XBOne

Your move Sony......