Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #31
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Didn't Sony also inflate the ps3s numbers? Basically everything is a rumor until they are released. Any gamer is prob going to buy both anyways. Just for the exclusives. Mmmmm God of War drool
it could be true, sony inflating #. there's no way a 8gb GDDR5 system it's going to cost around that est range. imo.

buuuuut, GDDR6 is around the block. 2014 you'll start seeing it on GPUs. its release should drive the GDDR5 price lower. so I dunno at this point. i'll just sit and wait.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #32
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Xbox or die
Juantwo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #33
frost1988
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
frost1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantwo3 View Post
Xbox or die
Seems to me the console wars have started once again.My choice will be based on game titles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66a_vote_or_die.jpg (30.9 KB, 41 views)
frost1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #34
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It does totally look like an old VCR.

The TV crap sounds like a rehash of the PSX. I wonder how much will be stymied by the broadcasters ala GoogleTV v1. I was kinda pissed how fast his smart glass worked. Then I realized he would hit the button then act when it finally happened on screen.

The whole serialized disc bothers me. Sounds like you are just buying a license with the data disc. I'm sure it's to thwart the "pirates." I am not 100% if the discs have a write sector on them. This would kill the physical shelf life. I really think it's to make people buy digital copies of the games.
With that said I wonder how long before classic xbox and 360 games show up on the arcade as remastered for XBO...

I take all of it with a grain of salt till the units ship. They are aiming at an moving target till then. I'm sure some of it is feeler specs to gauge public acceptance. See how much they can get away with.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #35
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick View Post
Main reason I'm wondering is because I thought I'd never fill up my 40gb ps3, but then pretty much all games started requiring 4gb installs, and now I'm down to 1gb free. Meaning I can't play any new games unless I delete old ones. Thats the one thing I've always hated about the ps3.

You can always upgrade that hard drive and transfer all your games and savedata (assuming you make a backup).
Old 05-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #36
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
You can always upgrade that hard drive and transfer all your games and savedata (assuming you make a backup).
I know, I just wish I wouldn't have to.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
turbobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #37
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I'm surprised more people aren't excited about the TV aspect. Man I can't wait to use a tablet as the tv remote.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #38
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I'm surprised more people aren't excited about the TV aspect. Man I can't wait to use a tablet as the tv remote.

I'm not excited mainly because I got rid of cable.

I will admit its a bit impressive if they can integrate this on an international scale.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #39
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 05-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #40
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^lol just what I was thinking VHS FTL
Old 05-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #41
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Is there a coax connection on the back that can do OTA and QAM? Cable Card?
With the HDMI in and out I think it's going to be doing HDMI pass though over lay like GoogleTV. This means I have to have a Cable or satellite box feeding it. Paying a monthly fee for a box.

I would rather have something like my Boxee that takes coax. I really only use the basic channels with Netflix/Hulu/ect. The new boxee has the tuner in it and now does cloud DVR.
The Boxee TV Offers Unlimited DVR Storage, Dual Tuners, And Netflix For $99 (And $15/Month For The DVR) | TechCrunch

Have you used SmartGlass? Even with my 360 on Ethernet it's lagy as hell. If my phone or tablet fall asleep it disconnects and then I have to wait for it to reconnect. I swear it's faster to wake a controller back up. Really annoying when I have to use the bathroom halfway thru a movie. I bought the little xbox media remote because smartglass pissed me off so much. I'm sure on a windows phone or surface it's a lot faster but, watching that demo I can see him tap the phone then wait a second then act like hit the button when the xbox responds.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #42
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
With the HDMI in and out I think it's going to be doing HDMI pass though over lay like GoogleTV. This means I have to have a Cable or satellite box feeding it. Paying a monthly fee for a box.

I would rather have something like my Boxee that takes coax. I really only use the basic channels with Netflix/Hulu/ect. The new boxee has the tuner in it and now does cloud DVR.

Have you used SmartGlass? Even with my 360 on Ethernet it's lagy as hell. If my phone or tablet fall asleep it disconnects and then I have to wait for it to reconnect. I swear it's faster to wake a controller back up. Really annoying when I have to use the bathroom halfway thru a movie. I bought the little xbox media remote because smartglass pissed me off so much. I'm sure on a windows phone or surface it's a lot faster but, watching that demo I can see him tap the phone then wait a second then act like hit the button when the xbox responds.
At the rate technology is presently going I would think/hope that lag is fixed by release.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #43
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

I love microsoft, I use there software everyday, but after windows xp was introduced there product really has been crap IMO.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #44
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
I already have DirecTV so all this TV integration does not impress me whatsoever. I do like both of the current consoles, but i have never been fond of paying for XBox Live so most of my play time is on my PS3. To think of it, the only thing i really appreciate is the size of the XBox controller. It looks like they made the PS4 controller a little larger; at least i'm hoping so. I really just can't wait to play Destiny. I'm hoping the specs of the PS4 havent been inflated, as of right now it looks like a really impressive system.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #45
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
One Person Tried To Put All Those PS4 Pictures Together | Kotaku Australia

Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:52 AM   #46
wonpoo
Zilvia Junkie

wonpoo is an unknown quantity at this point
PC is best nuff said...

jk pretty excited about new xbox...and PS4
Old 05-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #47
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
Old 05-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #48
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post

The Boxee TV Offers Unlimited DVR Storage, Dual Tuners, And Netflix For $99 (And $15/Month For The DVR) | TechCrunch

I'd think it would connect with an HDMI from your cable box.

I have not used Smart Glass actually. The idea still intrigues me. Maybe things will be much faster with One?? Not sure. The potential is still cool though.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #49
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Old 05-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #50
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
I'd think it would connect with an HDMI from your cable box.

I have not used Smart Glass actually. The idea still intrigues me. Maybe things will be much faster with One?? Not sure. The potential is still cool though.
Yeah, there is better specs on the xbox site now. It's a HDMI overlay(Direct ripoff of GoogleTV) from a cable box or Sat.
Quote:
HDMI Pass-Thru
Connect your cable or satellite
box to your Xbox One and
prepare for lift off. HDMI
pass-thru enables you to watch
TV through your Xbox, which
makes switching inputs seem
almost pre-historic.1

1: Supported television tuner or cable/satellite set top box with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).
Xbox One | What It Is - Xbox.com

Screw that, I'm going upgrade to a Boxee DVR and spend the $500 on a HTPC.

I'm sure the windows phone will be lag-less smartglass...

I love the foot notes on the page:
Quote:

1: Supported television tuner or cable/satellite set top box with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).

2: Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.

3: In supported games.

Features and requirements are under development and may change prior to release. Available features and content may vary by country. Broadband internet (ISP fees apply) and advanced TV hardware required. Games sold separately.
I was pissed over the years how my 20gb got ate up slowly by the system. I finally did the BEV hack when it ate over 12gb of the drive for the system.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #51
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
Less games more cars...

It's about to be cheaper...
Old 05-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #52
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Xbox is looking more and more crappy as more info and pics get out.
Looks like Microsoft designed a Blu-ray player that plays games and not a video console that plays Blu-ray. Come on microsoft all that R&D and you cant figure out what people want and like. F@ck share holders, happy customers assure you don't lose valuable customer clientele.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #53
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
Xbox is looking more and more crappy as more info and pics get out.
Looks like Microsoft designed a Blu-ray player that plays games and not a video console that plays Blu-ray. Come on microsoft all that R&D and you cant figure out what people want and like. F@ck share holders, happy customers assure you don't lose valuable customer clientele.
Games will be the showcase at E3. Anyone who thinks this wont sell as much if not more than the 360 did are delusional.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 05-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #54
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I just hope Sony doesnt fuck up the PS4, I'm still pissed off with the whole PS3 fiasco. Hell, even at this point, still doesnt feel like I've gotten the full potential and usage of my PS3. Atleast compared to my old PS1 and PS2.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #55
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Games will be the showcase at E3. Anyone who thinks this wont sell as much if not more than the 360 did are delusional.
If I have to buy two because the first one over heats then maybe. Sell more than the Wii and I'll be impressed...
Old 05-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #56
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
or we could all read a book and educate ourselves? then maybe we would all move to the bmw or evo forums?
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #57
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

[QUOTE=theronin;5282510]Games will be the showcase at E3. Anyone who thinks this wont sell as much if not more than the 360 did are delusional.[/QUOTE
I rather be delusional and read a book than get my hopes up for a decent product from Microsoft.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #58
theronin
Post Whore!

[QUOTE=redline racer510;5282709]
Quote:
Games will be the showcase at E3. Anyone who thinks this wont sell as much if not more than the 360 did are delusional.[/QUOTE
I rather be delusional and read a book than get my hopes up for a decent product from Microsoft.
So why are you posting here. You better be posting from a Mac or on Linux.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #59
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

[QUOTE=theronin;5282795]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post

So why are you posting here. You better be posting from a Mac or on Linux.
BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH. I can like and dislike what ever I want and post from whatever OS, you know I am specifically talking about XBOX quit going off subject with this filler(post just to post). Keep it on topic and give your like dislike opinions regarding XBOX. I don't care whether you like or dislike Xbox, I know what I am not going to buy(Xbox) this year. BTW I hope you know the delusional part was sarcasm, I'm just checking. Delusional sarcasm FTMFW, aw man you got me typing filler in this thread.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #60
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It's not that serious guys. lol