Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #31
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
AND GRAPHIX DON'T FORGET ABOUT GRAPHIX

fml
Thats part of that "instant gratification".

But then again, with "The Last of Us", you really do have a game that has the best graphics yet on a PS3.... with the amazing story and play.

Here is a review asking why Hollywood can produce movies with this level of emotional pull.

The Best Movie You’ll Play All Year

Quote:
The geniuses behind The Last of Us also succeed brilliantly at doing something at which Hollywood filmmakers fail miserably over and over, namely showing the devastating effects that violent actions have on their perpetrators.

Youtube also has a "6 hour movie"... I accidentally got drawn into it and watched a half hour.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #32
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Thats part of that "instant gratification".
I work in the gaming industry.

I was being sarcastic. He didn't list it, but all stupid casual gamers care about is how the game looks.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #33
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thbryce View Post
I spent 2 days playing non stop and beat it, made the girlfriend Bring me food and watch. Best game I've played so far... Awesome story line and never ending surprises ;p
See, this is exactly why I hate games nowadays. 2 days nonstop? That's all? Shit man, it took me while to beat Tokyo Xtreme Racer: ZERO and that was with GameFAQ's telling me how to beat all the wanderers. What the hell ever happened to epic-long games that don't rely on multiplayer and DLC?!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #34
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You do realize theoretically that is 48 hours of gameplay right?

Sounds pretty damn good to me for a game of that nature.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #35
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Well, when another person said something about 12-14 hrs to complete, that kinda makes me feel like it's something I could beat in a week.

I guess because I grew up playing Wolfenstein: 3D and Star Wars: Dark Forces, I kinda grew used to not just walking through the game, ya know?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #36
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Here is a review asking why Hollywood can produce movies with this level of emotional pull.

The Best Movie You’ll Play All Year
Always thought that Fallout (1 & 2) could make an amazing TV series, if done right of course. Hour-long episodes, each episode more or less based on a quest from the game.

There are plenty of games that are much better stories than what Hollywood is pumping out. This is definitely one of them.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #37
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
This is the best game PS3 has come out with, it's like an interactive movie.

Can't wait for part two on PS4
WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #38
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
Well, when another person said something about 12-14 hrs to complete, that kinda makes me feel like it's something I could beat in a week.

So what. I don't have 3 months of my life to dedicate to beating ONE game.

The game is extremely fulfilling, has replay value and tells a fantastic story. 12 solid physical playing hours is more than enough. Hind sight it may have been closer to 16hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
I guess because I grew up playing Wolfenstein: 3D and Star Wars: Dark Forces, I kinda grew used to not just walking through the game, ya know?
Neither of which have anything resembling a storyline. I don't think you can really build a good, single arch story around 50, 75, 150 hours of game play. It gets stretched out and it gets old.

Fallout has massive depth, but really no storyline. There is no real development of your character, you don't see the changes, interactions and growth of anyone around you. It's a fantastic universe, with deep back story, but it is not a character driven story. Is player interaction driven.

Games with massive play time, like FF7 for example, are like that because they often feature massive amounts of leveling, grinding and searching. Nothing like a hour long boss fight, right?

This does little to add to the actual story.

Tetris has some retarded long play time, however, I won't praise the story, emotional experience or even call it fulfilling.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #39
ravinaziankid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ravinaziankid will become famous soon enoughravinaziankid will become famous soon enoughravinaziankid will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just started playing last weekend, i'm a slow player but this game is great so far and very intense. I actually bought a PS3 again just for this game because of what i've heard and seen.
ravinaziankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #40
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Fallout has massive depth, but really no storyline. There is no real development of your character, you don't see the changes, interactions and growth of anyone around you. It's a fantastic universe, with deep back story, but it is not a character driven story. Is player interaction driven.
The player is the character and makes his own storyline. Whether one beats the game without getting in a single fight or chooses to be the most evil being in the world, the storylines are equally interesting. There are plenty of opportunities be good or bad, or neither. Maybe not so much in Fallout 3 and up, but I pretend those do not exist.
Sorry for going off topic, but Fallout 1 & 2 are among my top favorite games ever, and I am quite sensitive.

Max Payne and Resident Evil were made into movies, I would not be surprised if The Last of Us follows. Though there is always the possibility of it turning out terrible.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #41
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm really liking this so far. Apart from the terrible companion AI when using stealth, the AI works really well IMO. Had a great moment just now, where I was busy checking something out and suddenly Ellie whispers: "Joel to your left". If she hasn't said anything they would have detected me, but this way I was able to hide quickly.

Many great moments like that.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #42
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
IMO the human AI is lacking. If they see Ellie or any of the other NPC's it doesn't trigger their awareness. So many times I've seen Ellie run in front of an enemy and nothing happens. And once they do become aware sometimes they just stand there... If you stealth choke out one of their friend's and the dead body is laying right there, they will continue to patrol the area like seeing their dead friend isn't a warning sign.
Well, the producer actually talked about it. They tried it both ways, having the AI trigger fights when seen, he said it took too much out of the game and the testers got annoyed with it. They tried to make it less intrusive but they couldnt quite get it right. So they cheated and just made the NPC invisible to the enemy AI. I think they should have given the player the option. If it got annoying, then turn it off during game play.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #43
Corbic
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hP4Bsu0rAM

Trailer looks better than half the movies coming out this year.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #44
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Well, the producer actually talked about it. They tried it both ways, having the AI trigger fights when seen, he said it took too much out of the game and the testers got annoyed with it. They tried to make it less intrusive but they couldnt quite get it right. So they cheated and just made the NPC invisible to the enemy AI. I think they should have given the player the option. If it got annoying, then turn it off during game play.
Yeah, I understand the game play aspect of it. Honestly, they should have set it based on which difficulty you choose. For example, on the EASY setting, NPC's are ALWAYS invisible to the enemy AI. On the NORMAL setting, NPC's trigger enemy's awareness 50% of the time, and on the HARD setting, NPC's trigger the enemy's awareness 100% of the time. Something to that effect.

For me it takes away from the experience because it feels so real, and then I see Ellie run across 5 different hunters and Joel is choking out dudes when the other dudes are 5 feet away, kinda brings me back to reality and makes me realize I'm just watching a video game.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:39 PM   #45
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
man I know this is old lol. But I finally bought my 5th game for the ps3 LOL. I have to say, probably the best console game I've ever played. I found it to be somewhat easy once you get the hang of things. I mean I was in reserve mode so bad that I only used the flamethrower once and it was because of a quick switch lol. I just liked to sneak and shiv/choke out when applicable. It was to the point that I was getting kind of pissed that I couldn't pick up any mats to make stuff. I would always preserve, it just feels wrong not being able to pick that stuff up haha. I also got the "left behind" story and while it was enjoyable, it ended right as I thought it was getting good haha. I played it then the "left behind" screen popped up. I was like damn that was one hell of a opening scene....oh wait....its over lol. Damn it man. Going on harder modes now.