Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-24-2024, 07:03 PM   #1
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
s13 How to 5 Lug Swap an S13 and Keep ABS

I imported a relatively unmolestered 180sx Type-X equipped with ABS last year and wanted to put R33 GTR wheels on it. Given the cars relatively original condition and me slowly becoming a boomer, I scoured the internet for a definitive answer and never really found a 100% confirmation how to do it. So, here it is for the 3 people who don't want to delete their factory ABS system. I am keeping stock brakes for now.

Rears are easy, I just swapped on some Z32 NA rear hubs, which are a bolt on replacement. You must use hubs from an NA car because turbo axle splines are apparently bigger and don't fit. Buy S14 rear 5 lug rotors.

For the front I ordered GKtech 5 lug conversion hubs and swapped the ABS ring from my 4 lug hubs onto the gktech hubs.

Grab a suitable instrument of your choosing to CAREFULLY tap the ring and slowly work your way around until it separates from the 4 lug hub. I soaked the ABS ring in PB blaster overnight and it came off relatively easily, just take your time because if you break the ring they are discontinued and you'll have to find some used ABS hubs. I did have to use a dremel to remove the paint on the GKtech hubs in order to be able to press on the ABS ring.

You'll have to press in front wheel bearings, I used NSK Wheel Bearing 30BWD04 which are made in japan and seem to be good quality, I could not find OEM that were not absurdly priced. More bearing options can be found here: https://blog.gktech.com/blog/nissan-...-part-numbers/

Front rotors I used Brembo 09525410 which is the part number for 1995 Maxima, they are 280mm x 22mm ~$50 each from rockauto.

There's some measurements in the pictures, I could not find an interchangeable nissan part with the same tooth count or diameter.

Cheers

-Pete

And of course the before and after:

allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2024, 01:29 PM   #2
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
car looks great, just want to say those pics are massive and you can't read through the text and the pics at the same size.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:02 PM   #3
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
I'll try to resize the pics to be smaller. It's weird I thought zilvia used to automatically resize pictures and you had to click on them to see full resolution
Old 03-29-2024, 02:28 PM   #4
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by allntrlundrgrnd View Post
I'll try to resize the pics to be smaller. It's weird I thought zilvia used to automatically resize pictures and you had to click on them to see full resolution
Our vBulletin is out of date, otherwise you'd be able to adjust image size in-forum.

That said, I appreciate the post - this is good content!
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 01:48 PM   #5
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
That said, I appreciate the post - this is good content!
I appreciate you! Thanks for sticking around to keep the old girl going! <3