Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Wanted to Buy

Wanted to Buy Post your needs and wants here.

Old 05-17-2022, 04:43 PM   #1
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
WTB 1996 nissan 240sx S14 Window switch driver side

I know its a long shot but. Looking for a spare 95-96 (I think they are the same?) Driver side windows switch. I dont even need the plastic bezel parts those are cheap on ebay, I just really want the switch itself in case mine fails.

Looking to pay maybe 40 for just the switch or I can go like 65 shipped for the entire thing?

As an aside I'm also looking for a pair of LE Leather 240sx S14 seats. Just lmao
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2022, 04:52 PM   #2
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
good luck. you can get replacement switches on ebay as long as you dont need the switch that has the amp built into it. i could not find one for 5 years after purchasing 3 different types of switches said to work, and set my dimmer on fire. so I bought 3d printed aftermarket ones to replace them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ74EryvVMX/
Old 05-17-2022, 04:57 PM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not even sure I remember what the 'amp' does? I can make a generic switch to put a window up or down easily enough. I just know the 95 versions tend to get 'stuck' once in a while and can start a fire lol (Mines been stuck down once or twice already). I think the amp is just part of the auto-down maybe? Or handles the current like any other amplifier

Heres the entire bezel part $50
Ebay: # 153704295756

I'm pretty sure if the switch fails you can hard wire it using the OEM buttons somehow. Never tried but I have a dremel and lots of wiring supplies lol

The amp may simply handle the current. So then its acting as a relay- easily replaced with a typical relay.
Old 05-17-2022, 06:19 PM   #4
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I'm not even sure I remember what the 'amp' does? I can make a generic switch to put a window up or down easily enough. I just know the 95 versions tend to get 'stuck' once in a while and can start a fire lol (Mines been stuck down once or twice already). I think the amp is just part of the auto-down maybe? Or handles the current like any other amplifier

Heres the entire bezel part $50
Ebay: # 153704295756

I'm pretty sure if the switch fails you can hard wire it using the OEM buttons somehow. Never tried but I have a dremel and lots of wiring supplies lol

The amp may simply handle the current. So then its acting as a relay- easily replaced with a typical relay.
correct amp is to prevent a fire and sometimes those switches go bad and get stuck. you definitely can bypass the amp.

https://youtu.be/m4NZnQrsIEE
Old 05-17-2022, 07:32 PM   #5
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
I know its a long shot but. Looking for a spare 95-96 (I think they are the same?) Driver side windows switch. I dont even need the plastic bezel parts those are cheap on ebay, I just really want the switch itself in case mine fails.

Looking to pay maybe 40 for just the switch or I can go like 65 shipped for the entire thing?

As an aside I'm also looking for a pair of LE Leather 240sx S14 seats. Just lmao
1995 S14s had the switch with external amp. 96-98 had the amp built in. If you have a 96 you can use a Subaru 2 door Impreza switch. Its the same unit. You may want to call around to some local Subaru dealerships and see if they still have some new in-stock.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:37 PM   #6
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
1995 S14s had the switch with external amp. 96-98 had the amp built in. If you have a 96 you can use a Subaru 2 door Impreza switch. Its the same unit. You may want to call around to some local Subaru dealerships and see if they still have some new in-stock.
holy cow thanks I will look into it, it is a 96!!

So 1996 Subaru?
Old 05-17-2022, 10:07 PM   #7
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Quote:
holy cow thanks I will look into it, it is a 96!!

So 1996 Subaru?
1998-2001 2.5 RS Impreza specifically. Part #83081FA150

The switch even says Nissan on the bottom of it.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:56 AM   #8
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

those show up for me as 4-door not 2-door
Old 05-18-2022, 10:31 AM   #9
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

I'm showing it fits the following:
Subaru Impreza 1.8L MT 4WD Brighton Coupe 1998
Subaru Impreza 2.2L AT 4WD Brighton Coupe 1998
Subaru Impreza 2.2L AT 4WD L Coupe 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Subaru Impreza 2.2L MT 4WD L Coupe 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Subaru Impreza 2.5L AT 4WD RS Coupe 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Subaru Impreza 2.5L MT 4WD RS Coupe 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Old 05-18-2022, 11:48 AM   #10
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

It's got 4 window buttons instead of 2x
https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-parts...caAmMMEALw_wcB

They all have 4 door switching
Old 05-18-2022, 12:17 PM   #11
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-parts...bC1oNC1nYXM%3D

Same website. Shows coupe fitment. I'm sure you'll have to be very specific if and when you talk to the Subaru parts person about the difference between coup and sedan switches. Looks like they may have the same part number. You have to ask for the RS version of the switch.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:53 PM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

well damn. I bought something I Don't know what it is but when it gets here I will look at it and go from there. Thanks for your help this has been valuable as hell, you rock! I appreciate you greatly, thanks for being on the forums still to this day, it is comforting
Old 05-18-2022, 03:12 PM   #13
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Quote:
well damn. I bought something I Don't know what it is but when it gets here I will look at it and go from there. Thanks for your help this has been valuable as hell, you rock! I appreciate you greatly, thanks for being on the forums still to this day, it is comforting
Glad to be of some help.

Please keep us informed. If all goes well we can have the Mods move this to the general chat section and turn it into a HOW TO thread for future reference.
Old 12-26-2023, 07:11 PM   #14
NismoSilvia270R
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NismoSilvia270R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NismoSilvia270R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
For everyone who finds this thread later, the Subaru Switch plugs into the 96+, but does not work. The only function that worked on my 96 was the door lock, and only LOCK, not unlock. It doesn't look like it has an amp built in. It is slimmer than the OEM 96+ switch I have. (I have a working OEM switch, and the windows work with that).
NismoSilvia270R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 05:23 PM   #15
Chief 1402
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (23)
Chief 1402 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I was getting my hopes up that someone came up with a resolution to the window switch problem... I just bought a kookie that's completely missing the driver window switch.. didn't expect it to be so hard to find one.
Chief 1402 is offline   Reply With Quote