Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 04-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #271
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post
\

No, I think that no matter what you believe in, there will always be two different mindsets.

To me, religion is just another way of separating each other and in the case of the US, making stupid laws that do nothing but support ones beliefs when it should not be as such.

If you have a religious belief, good, keep it to yourself or family. Don't enforce it on the general populous.
You contra dict your self with these statements.

If I, and all my friends feel we should be aloud to have wild sex orgies in the Walmart parking lot... should we be aloud? According to you there is no God saying it is wrong, there is no afterlife or final judgment to determine if we are bad people for that.

So if my entire town feels Walmart orgies are cool, and we then make it legal... is it ok? What if you don't like that? Would you then be all made "Science Damn Walgies past that stupid law and now I can't take my kids to Walmart anymore"

Would you then get with the Non-Walgies and start debating with us? Would it come to blows? Would we kill each other?

As I have continually highlighted for you, Religion is as much a reflection of culture as Culture is the reflection of Religion. And Culture is the essence of Humanity.

Yes, there are Suicide Bombers - and great, your ignorant and want to think that the Billion Muslims in the world are actively trying to strap bombs to their chests. But you need to look at each bomber and understand - why did he do it. As I already told you, 99% of them time they are 3rd, 4th born sons with nothing going for them. Their brought in by others and convinced that "yes, this world sucks, but the next will be better - in fact you'll be a hero, for the first time you're life will mater and we'll take care of your family once your gone".

Kamikaze pilots in WWII did not believe they where going to the afterlife. They in facto did not believe they would be spreading the world of Japan.

You have a very narrow-minded, bigamist view of the world.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #272
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice side step of my posts.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #273
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Nice side step of my posts.
Once again, you simplify issues to much.

You say, Muslims vs Christians - the issue between them is not "does God Exist" an what not, hell the Koran and Bible read almost identically.

The difference is in the interpretation of how to live and how society should be shaped.

Even if everyone converted to Atheism, the argument of "how one should live ones life and how should our society operate" would continue to exist.

Islam represents traditional family values and roles of Women. (As in 1300 AD)

Christianity represents a post computer age society of blurred roles, values and a desire to "tear down previous beliefs and values for the sake of being progressive, edgy and modern".

Pick any war or conflict and if you spend 15 minutes diving into the back history and events you will quicly realise its more than To Eat Cow or Pig in the name of God.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #274
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Ugh. Spin spin spin.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #275
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Exactly why I didn't want to respond.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #276
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i find it really strange that people still believe in gods nowadays, i wonder if within a couple of civilizations people will look at us as we look at ancient civilizations regarding their gods... Some crazy n weak creatures we are
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #277
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

We currently look at those that worship the god of Abraham in that light. Why should this god have anymore credibility than any before or since?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #278
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
We currently look at those that worship the god of Abraham in that light. Why should this god have anymore credibility than any before or since?
You realize that only half of the world worships a creator god.

Jesus Christ, you guys are fucking dense.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:37 AM   #279
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Please explain how I am dense. I don't give a shit what you call your god or what you claim it/he/she does, it's all the same fairytale.

Do you really think I'm stupid enough to think the whole fucking planet reads the damn bible? China and India are half the people on the planet and their judeo-christian population is like 3% of the total if that and their Muslim population isn't much either.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:42 AM   #280
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

It's right back to the same shit. Don't read the response, change argument, shit talk.

You have yet to really address the point about religious violence.

Fuck you and good night.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #281
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
You contra dict your self with these statements.

If I, and all my friends feel we should be aloud to have wild sex orgies in the Walmart parking lot... should we be aloud? According to you there is no God saying it is wrong, there is no afterlife or final judgment to determine if we are bad people for that.

So if my entire town feels Walmart orgies are cool, and we then make it legal... is it ok? What if you don't like that? Would you then be all made "Science Damn Walgies past that stupid law and now I can't take my kids to Walmart anymore"

Would you then get with the Non-Walgies and start debating with us? Would it come to blows? Would we kill each other?

As I have continually highlighted for you, Religion is as much a reflection of culture as Culture is the reflection of Religion. And Culture is the essence of Humanity.

Yes, there are Suicide Bombers - and great, your ignorant and want to think that the Billion Muslims in the world are actively trying to strap bombs to their chests. But you need to look at each bomber and understand - why did he do it. As I already told you, 99% of them time they are 3rd, 4th born sons with nothing going for them. Their brought in by others and convinced that "yes, this world sucks, but the next will be better - in fact you'll be a hero, for the first time you're life will mater and we'll take care of your family once your gone".

Kamikaze pilots in WWII did not believe they where going to the afterlife. They in facto did not believe they would be spreading the world of Japan.

You have a very narrow-minded, bigamist view of the world.
And here, at this point is when you have become irrelevent in this conversation. I tried to be civil with you, but I guess people like yourself can not have a conversation about differeing beliefs.

Point be, never once did I say ALL Muslims want to kill themselves or others. Hell you don't even know exactly what I think of Muslims in general. Where exactly did I say that, please point it out.

In fact, just like reading a book, you took what you wanted to hear and used that. What I said was that someone who believes in a certain god (Muslim for instance and ONLY as a reference point) uses that faith to strap a bomb to them and blow themselves up. Funny how you completely ignored the Christian guy who went out and killed a abortion doctor for the very same reasoning. How about the Christian mother who saw the devil in her kids and killed them all?

You can try to blame social economic or whatever else you want to believe. When they do it in the name of religion, it is religion that is the driving point. If someone killed themselves and others because they didn't believe in evolution and were brought up poor, you would say "see, atheism kills other people."

And if people as a whole find orgies in a park or lot to be acceptable, they are grown adults and can do whatever they want to do. It doesn't effect me what so ever. But we have enacted laws, not based on religion, but just plain old common sense. Just because I don't believe in an after life or some spaghetti monster in the air, doesn't mean I have a moral compass. If you need a book to tell you how to act, you are a weak minded and probably would strap a bomb to your chest.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #282
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Once again, you simplify issues to much.

You say, Muslims vs Christians - the issue between them is not "does God Exist" an what not, hell the Koran and Bible read almost identically.

.[/I]
1) No they don't.

2) Oversimplify? Coming from the person that wants to say god created everything, done. Isn't that too simple.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #283
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:

Most Japanese are either Shinto or Buddhist. Kamikaze's were probably more State Shinto than anything since Buddhist main tenant is not to kill another...or anything at all.

But Shinto's have a afterlife as well. They believed they were dying for their family, country and emperor who was divine. The men who would die in these raids would be honored by the emperor a couple times a year.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #284
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
1) No they don't.

2) Oversimplify? Coming from the person that wants to say god created everything, done. Isn't that too simple.
God not existing is too simple, matter doesn't just come into existence and the laws of physics had to have had a start somewhere(science will never be able to answer these fundamentally). Since you have such complex logic, have you read the Qur'an to a point were you can make a educated decision on if it is truly allowed to commit suicide, I really doubt it. Like I said before your personal opinion of someone because of his/her actions are dismissed unless there is evidence to support they did it for the sake of religion with the religion agreeing with the actions committed. Just because someone kills themselves and others for the sake of a religion doesn't make them any more christian,Muslim etc. than an atheist is.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #285
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Says you and the opinion you pulled from your ass.

I love that you still claim to be the authority on other peoples religious affiliations. lol
Old 05-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #286
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Says you and the opinion you pulled from your ass.

I love that you still claim to be the authority on other peoples religious affiliations. lol
And you are not?

"The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance."
Old 05-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #287
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

. Just because I don't believe in an after life or some spaghetti monster in the air, doesn't mean I have a moral compass. If you need a book to tell you how to act, you are a weak minded and probably would strap a bomb to your chest.
Morals are not genetically inherent, they are taught.

This is why cultures and what is perceived as morally acceptable very greatly.

Whether you accept it or not, you live in a Christian society and you hold modern Christian morals. You are what you hate.

You are also pissed that people would use a 2,000 year old book as a moral compass. It's a collection of moral stories and tales that go back to before the written word, the birth of civilization. To you this is ignorant and stupid.

However, you think we should live life by what 60 out of 100 corrupt power hungry bureaucrats mange to agree upon and write down into their own book - law books.

So you find nothing wrong with hanging homosexuals? Apparently Irans law makers feel it's fine. Would you accept populous vote? Most Americans appose gay marriage, so we pass a law banning it, thus that's logical and legal. We must abide.

I think you and the atheists are the weak minded. You reject the notion that the moral decision you make in life have greater consequences and are fearful that judgment may wait you. Rather than pondering the deeper spiritual nature of humanity you toss your hands up and yell "it don't exist". You are content to believe that you are the center of the universe and all that maters. There is no reason to exist other than to reproduce to continue to exist. Brilliant!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #288
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSuvPuQM7qc
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #289
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
existing is too simple, matter doesn't just come into existence and the laws of physics had to have had a start somewhere(science will never be able to answer these fundamentally).
There was a point when people thought Volcanos and Earthquakes and powerful storms were all from the gods/god. They didn't have comprehension of science and fundenmental laws of nature. We do now. Our capacity to know right now where it all comes from is limited, but that does not mean we will one day get there, unless we wind up killing each other.

Hell viruses were beyond our reach. Cancer was beyond our reach. Plate tectonics was beyond our reach. The telephone was beyond our reach. Atomic theory was beyond our reach. Going to the moon was beyond our reach. Going 100mph was beyond our reach.

And guess what, we reached those.

Quote:
Since you have such complex logic, have you read the Qur'an to a point were you can make a educated decision on if it is truly allowed to commit suicide, I really doubt it. Like I said before your personal opinion of someone because of his/her actions are dismissed unless there is evidence to support they did it for the sake of religion with the religion agreeing with the actions committed. Just because someone kills themselves and others for the sake of a religion doesn't make them any more christian,Muslim etc. than an atheist is
Again, another person who reads what they want to read. I never said that someone killing another in the name of a religion is greater than anyone in that same religion, i.e. Islam or Christian. What I was saying (and I will write this very clear so that a someone of your educational level will understand) is that anyone who does it in the name of their religion is no less religious or WRONG than the person who chooses a different path. Two people can read the exact same thing and come to two different conclusions. I.e. killing one self and others or being peaceful.

And please, don't assume I haven't read something.
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #290
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Morals are not genetically inherent, they are taught.

This is why cultures and what is perceived as morally acceptable very greatly.
Correct, your point being?

Quote:
Whether you accept it or not, you live in a Christian society and you hold modern Christian morals. You are what you hate.
Actually, a lot of the "christian morals" were founded on different laws and dogma eons prior to "christian morals being written down.

Quote:
You are also pissed that people would use a 2,000 year old book as a moral compass. It's a collection of moral stories and tales that go back to before the written word, the birth of civilization. To you this is ignorant and stupid.
No it isn't. The written word was before Christianity was ever thought of. Look at the Egyptians and Greeks. Their word was LONG before Christianity ever was around. Look at the civilizations in China. LONG before Christianity.

Quote:
However, you think we should live life by what 60 out of 100 corrupt power hungry bureaucrats mange to agree upon and write down into their own book - law books.
So you are saying that what man writes in a book are corrupt and power hungry? Hmmmm....

Quote:
So you find nothing wrong with hanging homosexuals? Apparently Irans law makers feel it's fine. Would you accept populous vote? Most Americans appose gay marriage, so we pass a law banning it, thus that's logical and legal. We must abide.
I do find that wrong? Why do you think I have no sense of life when it comes to humans? Because I reject a god it is I reject life? You need to start thinking rather than reacting. I can only control what happens in this country, if you want to go to Iran and make changes, go and do it. But I will not like what other countries will do, but I have bigger issues with my current country before I can do anything about other countries. They are adults, they can live with their actions.

See the difference is that it infringes on human rights as it pertains to the Constitution. If the government gives out benefits for certain things, then they must be given to ALL people regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation. Hell at one point women couldn't vote. African Americans were not full citizens until the 60's and Christians support that ideology.

Quote:
I think you and the atheists are the weak minded. You reject the notion that the moral decision you make in life have greater consequences and are fearful that judgment may wait you. Rather than pondering the deeper spiritual nature of humanity you toss your hands up and yell "it don't exist". You are content to believe that you are the center of the universe and all that maters. There is no reason to exist other than to reproduce to continue to exist. Brilliant!
Actually, I don't think I am the center of the universe. I think that I should be a good citizen, family member, friend, lover, supporter of what I think is right and fight for it. The reason I exist is because my parents wanted a child and I am here. This is my only shot at life and I am going to make it a good one. So if rejecting the "norm" is weak minded, what is pandering to the "norm?" A big soggy douche? I get the feeling you think you are the center of the world and everyone must believe in what you believe. I don't think that way. If people want to believe in a religion, go ahead, it's not my life. Don't make public policy and laws about it that effect millions of others. Your belief system is different from the person in the church seat next to you. Policy should not be about what a person can and can't do when it comes to their life choices that effect their lives.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #291
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Word! Dont force your religion on me i wont force my atheist beliefs on you. I have seen a ghost once and it made me think there has to be an afterlife but i cant get a clear explanasion from religious folks as to what that is so i still believe when its over we simply go blank like a hardrive of a computer. Stopped for all eternity...
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #292
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This thread is dumb as fuck!

I believe in god. wah wah wah

I don't believe in god. wah wah wah

I don't know what the fuck to believe. wah wah wah

I'm this religion, or I'm that religion, or I am of no religion.

People are gonna believe what they want to believe. Arguing about it is dumb.
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #293
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slydin240sx View Post
This thread is dumb as fuck!

I believe in god. wah wah wah

I don't believe in god. wah wah wah

I don't know what the fuck to believe. wah wah wah

I'm this religion, or I'm that religion, or I am of no religion.

People are gonna believe what they want to believe. Arguing about it is dumb.
The funniest part is that the thread was never about that to begin with.
But...
as usual, someone had to come in and make an unsolicited opinion public, and that is where these things invariably come apart

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #294
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
No
No
No
I can ponder spirituality all day and all night without the need for any being claiming dominion over my soul.
I think you are confusing atheism with Christianity there.
Existence does not need a reason. It simply is. You can deal with your own mortality how ever you wish but DO NOT shit on others for how they choose to.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #295
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
The funniest part is that the thread was never about that to begin with.
But...
as usual, someone had to come in and make an unsolicited opinion public, and that is where these things invariably come apart
Oh I know. It was about that video which I personally enjoyed. But it's not even about the video anymore. Which is why all this he say she say arguing shit is garbage.

If you believe in GOD and the savior Jesus Christ, awesome! If you don't and you believe in no god. Cool. Everyone is entitled to there own view and opinion on life in general.

But arguing back and forth about the bible and what may or may not be right or wrong on certain aspects of life, as it pertains to various religions is stupid.
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #296
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

And bashing people for not believing as you do is bullshit and misquoting and disregarding the bible as you see fit is equally so.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #297
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
.... is this thing on? I have a joke. Maybe it's relevant.

OK OK OK.

What's the difference between Religion and Philosphy?
I don't know, but I'm gonna work hard for an answer!
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #298
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Even Jesus didn't come back from the dead as many times as this thread.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #299
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Even Jesus didn't come back from the dead as many times as this thread.
No kidding. That's what I thought when I saw this up here.