Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:45 AM   #61
rdoni2
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rdoni2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lol prop 19 is a straight joke. the bill is poorly written.. if it gets legalized each city can say its illegal or legal. its already regulated. and even if it gets legalized the feds are gonna find a way to sue the fuck outta California. plus if its legal everyone and there mom are gonna grow it so its not gonna be worth shit. if u need it get your card you dont want marijuana in your kids hands one day cause if its in everyones back yard it will be easy to get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
why should everyone be required to pay for a hundred dollar doctor visit where you have to lie about your condition, for something that is less harmful than tobacco or alcohol?
wait till you see the tax your gonna wish u just got your card and kept ur mouth shut! government will put shit in marijuana to make it addictive you idiot just like the tobacco...
rdoni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #62
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ViciousCesar! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdoni2 View Post
plus if its legal everyone and there mom are gonna grow it so its not gonna be worth shit.

wait till you see the tax your gonna wish u just got your card...government will put shit in marijuana to make it addictive you idiot just like the tobacco...
wait which one is it? is it gonna be expensive or cheap? are we gonna grow it or them? i'm confused...
ViciousCesar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #63
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrell View Post
I am against Proposition 19 for one, and only one, reason: No state in the United States has the right to ignore federally mandated laws in place.
Show me in the Constitution where it says the Feds can even make a law about drugs. The FDA itself is unconstitutional.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #64
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdoni2 View Post
wait till you see the tax your gonna wish u just got your card and kept ur mouth shut! government will put shit in marijuana to make it addictive you idiot just like the tobacco...
please keep your insanity out of this thread, thanks.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:11 AM   #65
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Against because
1) people that were thrown in jail for possession are now 'innocent'? Some of these people are now hardened criminals because they went to Jail. The last thing you want is some of them back on the streets worst off then they went in.
2) really its not healthy for you

For it because
1) anything the government can tax will ultimately help the people. Someone has to pay teachers wages.
2) its less lethal then booze

I'm a fence sitter. Your country has far more serious things to worry about then smoking weed.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #66
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So, Schwarzenegger opposes 19 but signed this:

washingtonpost.com
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNR61FN4GC.DTL

I am confused.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #67
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^ Makes sense to me.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #68
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think it makes perfect sense too.
You're freeing up up a lot court, & jail resources (which translates into costs as well).
Infractions are a better source of income.

He's not saying pot is okay, he's just saved a lot of much needed $$$ for CA.
Smart compromise, but it also makes some of the proposals of Prop 19 redundant.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #69
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
You guys seriously need a system like we have in Canada. Its Illegal, but generally ignored by the police unless they REALLY want to use you to find the major players.

Up here, unless you have like a full pound of weed, nobody is going to bother you.

besides all this... Smoking anything is bad for you. I don't get what the big love for weed is.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #70
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
You guys seriously need a system like we have in Canada. Its Illegal, but generally ignored by the police unless they REALLY want to use you to find the major players.

Up here, unless you have like a full pound of weed, nobody is going to bother you.

besides all this... Smoking anything is bad for you. I don't get what the big love for weed is.
It makes you feel good.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #71
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
So, Schwarzenegger opposes 19 but signed this:

washingtonpost.com
State downgrades pot possession to infraction

I am confused.
i'm thinking he did it to take some wind out of prop 19's sails.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #72
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
It makes you feel good.
From what I gathered, it makes boring people happy and hungry. Its nothing special.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #73
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
It doesn't really do much for me either.
The point is whether or not to have it avail to those who want it.
Sort of like the gay marriage thing.
Not everyone is gay or wants to get married but that doesn't mean it's uninteresting.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #74
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
Pot isn't deadly like other drugs but it is a carcinogen so it is not harmless.
LOL! Pseudoscience. Where did you pull this one out of, your ass? Go find me a case where marijuana caused cancer please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrell View Post
I am against Proposition 19 for one, and only one, reason: No state in the United States has the right to ignore federally mandated laws in place. While I agree that marijuana laws should be repealed, California has a duty and responsibility, as a state in the U.S., to uphold and enforce Federally-inacted laws presently in place, including the laws that make it a crime to possess, use, sell, trade, and/or cultivate marijuana. To me, what Prop 19 really says is, "If passed, the California State Government, as well as the state's counties and cities, is choosing to ignore federal law." I do believe we should repeal the anti-marijuana laws and allow responsible people to use it if they choose. But it is my firm belief that we must start at the FEDERAL level,by writing to our Congress Representatives, Senators, and the President, to repeal the federal laws in place that make marijuana illegal. Once federal pot laws are repealed, the states should have the right to make it illegal in their respective states, or repeal the laws themselves. If any person, business, or any "lower" government entity is free to disregard "higher" government laws in place, and to just "pick and choose" which laws they will enforce or ignore, then the entire system breaks down, and laws themselves would have no real meaning. For example, say Los Angeles County decides it will no longer enforce the state's drinking and driving laws. California would no doubt "cry foul" and insist LA County uphold the state's inacted laws, and the state government would be correct, insisting that "as a county within California's borders, it has a duty and responsibility to uphold the state's anti-drinking and driving laws." By the same token, California, and it's counties and cities have the same duty to uphold United States federal laws. Again, I agree we should repeal the anti-pot laws, but it must start at the federal level first. For this reason alone, Proposition 19 should be removed from the ballot, until the federal anti-pot laws are repealed first.
So your against a proposition just because the federal government decides to force its "morals" upon its citizen? This is exactly what many of our founding fathers was against, too much federal power. Its gonna be a long time before uncle Sam says, "my bad.....We thought it was bad back in the day. Sorry for all the lives we have ruined over a plant." lol. And plus, the U.S. government is supplying medical marijuana to like a couple of people for the rest of their lives... whats up with that?

It has always kinda been like that for different states. Oregon no sales tax, Arizona cops can search you if you look illegal, and other weird state laws.

I think I am gonna vote against it for November. Marijuana is pretty much legal in california. prop 215 and senate bill 420, baby. Since 1996. Prop 19 seems like it will just add more laws, punishments, regulation for marijuana. IT also seems monopolies will be created in the market, and not to mention Uncle Sams gotta get his fat fingers in on this, since his a broke mother fucker.

Even Dennis Peron and Jack Herer are against Prop 19. And they know whats up.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #75
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3123MY View Post
LOL! Pseudoscience. Where did you pull this one out of, your ass? Go find me a case where marijuana caused cancer please
If it is smoke it CAN give you cancer and it WILL damage your lungs. No physician will tell you otherwise.

Having said that, it is your business if you choose to smoke anything as long as the healthcare you will eventually get isn't paid with tax dollars.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:26 AM   #76
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
If it is smoke it CAN give you cancer and it WILL damage your lungs. No physician will tell you otherwise.

Having said that, it is your business if you choose to smoke anything as long as the healthcare you will eventually get isn't paid with tax dollars.
I appreciate your perspective.

The thought that pot is harmless is a tool people have been using, and that type of ignorance is one of the reasons I'm against pot and the likes. The wealth of ignorance surrounding it's merits/drawbacks most impart to people trying to push it past/away from legislation. Your going to have people for the next 50 years smoking pot crying about what they didn't know "back in those days" about insert shit health condition here. And my fucking kids and grandkids are going to have to foot the bill just as I'm footing the bill for the previous generation's ignorance surrounding tobacco. But that's ok, the government can just print more money to pay for healthcare for people who "didn't know better", right?
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #77
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ViciousCesar! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
No on 19. because perpetuating lies, corruption, ignorance and greed is the way to go.
ViciousCesar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #78
sucide_s13
Zilvia Member

sucide_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hahaha i work at a+ hydro we are one of the
hydro stores that are on the front lines we here all the inside details
no way there going to legalize pot so quick
no one is ready for a change this big in history
and if it does become legal not for long shit will back
fire on cali and ima sit back and relax and laugh my a** offfff
and it wouldn't even go into effect for another 5 years on top of
that.Decriminalize my a**** seems like if ur under the age
of 21 up to few months in jail and fines woww hahaha
realy going to help us out u guys dont think how much there
already makeing everbody and there momms that cultivates medical
cannabis pays taxes and more taxes hundreds of commercial growers
already pay millions of dollars were just getting greedy

NO ON PROP 19 its a effen joke
sucide_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #79
sucide_s13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i can only assume everybody saying "vote no" is just trying to preserve counterculture and/or is growing for profit.

edit: hell, the link above is a thread on a weed-farming forum. and then there's this excerpt from the first line: "18 REASONS TO VOTE KNOW "

ha ha ha.
uuummm not everybody grows for profit im
a medical caregiver i grow for fundraisers people with long term illlness and cant afford some pain medication we donate millions of dollars worth
of cannabis around the unites states every year dont get that twisted
how is that making profit???? or mabe ur just jealous that some
people are gifted and can grow dank cannabis and are makeing a lil
money....... i love hatersss hahahaha jk lol Good thing for me i make money
another legitimate way by selling the equipment to grow cannabis. hahaah dont ruin cali NO on prop 19
Old 10-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #80
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucide_s13 View Post
uuummm not everybody grows for profit im
a medical caregiver i grow for fundraisers people with long term illlness and cant afford some pain medication we donate millions of dollars worth
of cannabis around the unites states every year dont get that twisted
how is that making profit???? or mabe ur just jealous that some
people are gifted and can grow dank cannabis and are makeing a lil
money....... i love hatersss hahahaha jk lol Good thing for me i make money
another legitimate way by selling the equipment to grow cannabis. hahaah dont ruin cali NO on prop 19
i can barely understand your gibberish.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #81
sucide_s13
Zilvia Member

hahah of course typical. Damn do I Love haterssss
Old 10-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #82
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
hahah of course typical. Damn do I Love haterssss
there might be a reason you find this reaction typical.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #83
sucide_s13
Zilvia Member

yea typical !!!HATERS!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #84
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
yea typical !!!HATERS!!!
No, he's not hating.

He is, rightfully, pointing out that your grammatical skills are sorely lacking.

Hell, by the looks of it, you couldn't even spell your screen name correctly.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #85
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

From what I gather, I think he said the company he works for donated a lot of pot for some reason or another.
It was a pita to translate though.

Dude was probably not sober.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:35 AM   #86
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thing about this thread is as new people browse the forums and see this thread they will keep popping in and saying the same shit without reading anything. Until something new developes the subject is more or less exhausted imo.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #87
J3123MY
BANNED

J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol. People: MARIJUANA IS NOT CARCINOGENIC!!!!!

trust me, I have done my research. I have read many scientific books on marijuana and its health effects at the Science Library at my school. These are actually scientific books, some written anti-marijuana, and some pro-marijuana.

For Christ Sakes........ Please Prove me wrong. With scientific case. Not pseudoscience shit that you guys pull out of your ass.

Tobacco is carcinogenic. Marijuana is not. Show me a case where a person who has only smoked marijuana and has developed cancer from it... lol. Cancer patients smoke marijuana. Why would they smoke more marijuana if it further causes cancer.

Kingkilburn and bb4. Please get some scientific proof to back your shit up and stop making assumptions.

Im not saying smoke is good for your lungs, but there are different types of smoke with different type of chemicals in there. Of all the chemicals in marijuana, none of them are carcinogenic. On the other hand, tobacco will fuck you up. Smoking marijuana does damage the cilia on your lungs, BUT IT WONT CAUSE CANCER!

Think about it. The government doesn't want you to smoke marijuana. Why dont they release ads of blackened lungs and cancer from marijuana? You know why? Cause they themselves no its not true to the point where they cant even make propaganda with it.

So once again please prove me wrong....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
I appreciate your perspective.

The thought that pot is harmless is a tool people have been using, and that type of ignorance is one of the reasons I'm against pot and the likes. The wealth of ignorance surrounding it's merits/drawbacks most impart to people trying to push it past/away from legislation. Your going to have people for the next 50 years smoking pot crying about what they didn't know "back in those days" about insert shit health condition here. And my fucking kids and grandkids are going to have to foot the bill just as I'm footing the bill for the previous generation's ignorance surrounding tobacco. But that's ok, the government can just print more money to pay for healthcare for people who "didn't know better", right?

LOL. You appreciate his perspective because both of you are wrong together and pulling shit out of your ass. You know what I am against? Your ignorance. lol.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #88
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

How about you prove your point instead of shit talking. Where are your scientific studies?

I am not assuming. Burning ANY plant material creates carcinogenic compounds. Pot may create less than tobacco but that does not mean it's carcinogen free.

In reality I am more worried about all the other damage smoke inhalation does to your lungs and heart. Cancer is concern 40 years out but damage from smoke inhalation can happen within months of starting.

The Reference Frame: Marijuana creates holes in lungs

Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

BBC NEWS | Health | 'My lungs are damaged beyond repair'

Science Blog -- Emphysema linked to smoking marijuana

Signs of emphysema may develop early in pot smokers | Reuters

Take this Marijuana Message to Heart

Marijuana Linked to Heart Disease and Depression - US News and World Report

Lastly they give pot to TERMINAL cancer patients. It is very good at easing chronic pain. It also doesn't matter that it can do all of the above in a patient that will be dead in a year from a terminal illness.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #89
BustedS13
Post Whore!

if you don't want to risk damaging your lungs, you can cook with it.
if you want to significantly REDUCE damage to your lungs, you can vaporize it.
tobacco is legal.
circular thread.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #90
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I would like to reiterate that you can risk your health and life doing what ever you want as long as I/no one else has to pay for your medical treatment but don't sit on your purple sticky high horses telling the world that pot is harmless fun when it clearly is not.