Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #181
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
People who buy real track parts that hardpark

vs

People who buy knockoffs that daily/abuse them

vs

People who buy knockoffs that pretend they are real

vs

People who buy real stuff and really abuse it

...the irony of it all sometimes.

Whatever makes them happy. That's all I can think of..
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #182
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Whatever makes them happy. That's all I can think of..
That's what I'm getting at. I used to be one of those 'buy the best or get outa here' and as I move along in life/cars/things I'm beginning to realize as long as you're having fun it's all that matters. Too many of the younger guys get caught up with fitting in, rather than just having fun.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #183
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
if you like knockoffs, you are going to jail.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #184
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
There is no such thing as "ballin on a budget". You can look good on a budget, but if you wanna ball, you gotta pay to play.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #185
The Dude
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
The Dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
There is no such thing as "ballin on a budget". You can look good on a budget, but if you wanna ball, you gotta pay to play.
So you're saying that I can hard park on a budget then?
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #186
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
So you're saying that I can hard park on a budget then?
Basically lol

I dont even care if people have reps, just dont come up to me saying your Varrstoens are real TE37's and that youre so baller cause youre laying frame on blown Ebay coils..
Old 02-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #187
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
It really does not matter if the car isn't being driven hard. I swear to God though, if your ebay hub and steering wheel fail and your car slams into mine, I will find you and shove both up your fucking ass. The only time anyone else should give a fuck about what brand of parts someone has when there is a sale going on (which is when you should inspect said product for proper stamps/if they market a fake as a brand name product etc...)
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #188
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
It really does not matter if the car isn't being driven hard. I swear to God though, if your ebay hub and steering wheel fail and your car slams into mine, I will find you and shove both up your fucking ass. The only time anyone else should give a fuck about what brand of parts someone has when there is a sale going on (which is when you should inspect said product for proper stamps/if they market a fake as a brand name product etc...)
The quality of the ebay Hubs and Quick Releases are not bad at all, they are actually really nice for the price you pay
its funny to see people say that eBay hubs and q.r.s are shitty when 3/4 of the people out there are using NRG's
NRG was a HUGE eBay/rep company trying to make money and guess what, they are one of the largest companies out there for hubs and quick releases, there steering wheels are mid entry level products and their harnesses and seats are not the best. But the quality is still there.

That's what bugs me the most.
it's one thing to buy reps and budget priced parts and claim they are the real thing, but at the end of the day there is nothing wrong with buying ISIS suspension arms or a Megan Exhaust. As long as the quality is there and the part was made properly I see no issue.
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #189
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchondro View Post
NRG was a HUGE eBay/rep company trying to make money and guess what, they are one of the largest companies out there for hubs and quick releases, there steering wheels are mid entry level products and their harnesses and seats are not the best. But the quality is still there.
What bugs me is why people won't use Grant Steering Wheels or Simpson Harnesses.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #190
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i remember back in the day, everyone would bash on knockoffs...

kinda funny to see the transition.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #191
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
What bugs me is why people won't use Grant Steering Wheels or Simpson Harnesses.
Steering wheels is not something someone should cheap out on
you can get a nice steering wheel for around 150$, same with harnesses
I have g-force cam lock harnesses, decent prices but still a quality strap
Old 02-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #192
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Steering wheels is not something someone should cheap out on
you can get a nice steering wheel for around 150$, same with harnesses
I have g-force cam lock harnesses, decent prices but still a quality strap
My point is how is Grant "cheaping out". They are proven and have been around for 90 fucking year s (1922). They are an oem provider and have hundreds of designs and styles. They have wheels for as little as $50 right up to $500.

Yet stupid import kids would rather have a tinfoil ebay wheel....for the same price.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #193
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I've never liked grant. Maybe in a truck or something but my sparco is x1000000 times better. I rocked stock till I could afford it
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #194
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Bmxer300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lmfao
ya grant wheels... sold in auto zone.. where your all buying your "OEM" replacement parts? Then drive to Walmart and buy their brand bread, cereal and other crap instead of spending the extra 10$ at the mom and pop shop on mainstreet so you can afford your "legit" wheels to hardpark in.
These threads make me LOL.
Bmxer300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #195
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
The quality of the ebay Hubs and Quick Releases are not bad at all, they are actually really nice for the price you pay
its funny to see people say that eBay hubs and q.r.s are shitty when 3/4 of the people out there are using NRG's.
I dont know if your head is just stuck to far up your ass to see it or not, but those Ebay QR's and hubs are garbage. Sure they "work", that doesnt mean they are decent. Two of my friends put them in their cars, and both QR's have a ton of play/wobble. Thats not safe, thats not ok, and thats not "really nice"... I wouldnt put one on my car if I was paid to do so. I had an ebay hub on my S14 when I bought it, and it was garbage to.. Again lots of wobble that shouldnt be there.

Point being, steering is one huge aspect of a car that shouldnt have shortcuts taken on it... Ive seen the ebay wheels/QR's/hubs and they are all shit... Save up a little longer, keep rocking your stock wheel for a few extra weeks, then buy some quality parts. I can gaurentee you will be 100 times happier in the end.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #196
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
I generally hate knock off parts. period. Some stuff out there's pretty damn good (circuit sports) but most of it is complete garbage junk.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #197
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer300zx View Post
Lmfao
ya grant wheels... sold in auto zone.. where your all buying your "OEM" replacement parts? Then drive to Walmart and buy their brand bread, cereal and other crap instead of spending the extra 10$ at the mom and pop shop on mainstreet so you can afford your "legit" wheels to hardpark in.
These threads make me LOL.

Maybe you need to pull your head out of your ass and hit up their website. Mobile 1 is sold at Autozone as well... LOMAFA garbage oil right?

Just one example -

http://grantproducts.com
Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #198
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Those look like shit i'd rather the 80$ grants at autozone
Point was people walk in daily too buy autozone brand replacement parts by durabrand and bitch about knockoffs or other auto stores like napa. Would you buy their OIL? no you bought mobile1
Oh walmart sells sony whats your point? They're still putting small buisnesses out of buisness.
MY Z32 saw nothing but nismo, stillen, z1, brembo and hks so whats pulling my head outa my ass have anything to do with what i said?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #199
The Dude
Zilvia Junkie

The Dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer300zx View Post
Those look like shit i'd rather the 80$ grants at autozone
Point was people walk in daily too buy autozone brand replacement parts by durabrand and bitch about knockoffs or other auto stores like napa. Would you buy their OIL? no you bought mobile1
Oh walmart sells sony whats your point? They're still putting small buisnesses out of buisness.
MY Z32 saw nothing but nismo, stillen, z1, brembo and hks so whats pulling my head outa my ass have anything to do with what i said?
And the winner of the most incoherent post of the year goes to...

This fucking guy.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #200
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

I guess, your all bitching about buying knockoffs and not supporting legit companies yet you all support chain businesses and other crap in one way or another. People will always look for cheap ways around things in life wether its buying knockoffs or shopping at places that mass produce for cheaper and the little man looses out in the end.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #201
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
I dont know if your head is just stuck to far up your ass to see it or not, but those Ebay QR's and hubs are garbage. Sure they "work", that doesnt mean they are decent. Two of my friends put them in their cars, and both QR's have a ton of play/wobble. Thats not safe, thats not ok, and thats not "really nice"... I wouldnt put one on my car if I was paid to do so. I had an ebay hub on my S14 when I bought it, and it was garbage to.. Again lots of wobble that shouldnt be there.

Point being, steering is one huge aspect of a car that shouldnt have shortcuts taken on it... Ive seen the ebay wheels/QR's/hubs and they are all shit... Save up a little longer, keep rocking your stock wheel for a few extra weeks, then buy some quality parts. I can gaurentee you will be 100 times happier in the end.
1. Head not up ass just stating facts
2. I never said eBay parts are "nice" just saying there are things that you can purchase for a cheaper price and not have an issue
3. I've been rocking an eBay hub with qr for a while with no issues with wobbling. I plan on upgrading to something nicer but again I've had no problem with my setup, but I will say the wheel my friend gave me is crap and I have a personal on the way
4. Ive never been the person to cheap out on parts because I didn't have the money, I just refuse to pay top dollar for certain parts just because they have a reputable name stamped on it when you can purchase something of the same quality for alot less.

I am in no way saying cheap parts or rep parts are better or that they are ok and reliable. All I'm stating is something's don't need to be top dollar items when there is similar quality in a part that's half the price.

it all comes down to QUALITY.

also I never said grant wheels are crap.
the low end models they make are indeed crap but they do have some nicer products under their name.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #202
Chuki_KA24e
Leaky Injector

Chuki_KA24e is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Maybe you need to pull your head out of your ass and hit up their website. Mobile 1 is sold at Autozone as well... LOMAFA garbage oil right?

Just one example -

Grant Steering Wheels
I'd rather rock two pairs of vise grips on the end of my steering column than have to look at any one of those ugly riced out piece of shit excuses of wheels. Then again I wouldn't be caught dead driving one of those fuck ugly mustangs either.
Chuki_KA24e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #203
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki_KA24e View Post
I'd rather rock two pairs of vise grips on the end of my steering column than have to look at any one of those ugly riced out piece of shit excuses of wheels. Then again I wouldn't be caught dead driving one of those fuck ugly mustangs either.
So says the bandwagen jumper with a single cam.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #204
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
I could care less about the knockoffs because I support real companies, but fuck the people who rock fake garbage as real shit!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #205
Chuki_KA24e
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
I could care less about the knockoffs because I support real companies, but fuck the people who rock fake garbage as real shit!
^^^This always cracks me up! There will always be people buying knock off's but there is nothing worse than some dumb fuck trying to pass off the knock off stuff for the real deal.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #206
Chuki_KA24e
Leaky Injector

Quote:
So says the bandwagen jumper with a single cam.
How am I a bandwagon jumper? I ditched the single slammer reluctantly because it was falling apart and was going to start costing more money than it was worth to fix. I had a spare dual cam lying around so I swapped that shit in. Bandwagon jumpers are the diehard sr20 fanboys, and the noobs that come onto the forum asking for spoon fed info on everything after starting completely useless threads.

Last edited by Chuki_KA24e; 02-19-2013 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: Needed MOAR edit...