Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2008, 03:41 AM   #1
battlescar

Trader Rating: (0)
battlescar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a different hydro ebrake question

so im trying to buy a cncbrakes staging brake, i called like 6 places none of them have it in stock and its on back order. so i was looking at some other brake handles and saw a cutting brake or also called turning brake. the only difference between a stagin brake and a cutting brake look like is just one more slave cyliner and u can push or pull the on the cutting brake and the staging one is only pull. so im thinking it would work just the same.

QUESTION: on the cutting brake, there are 2 outs, one on each cyliner, and one in. can i run the lines on both of the cyliners and than use a T fitting and both lines go to the one line to the rear brakes? so i can push or pull the rear brakes would brake right? or can i plug the out on the top one and take out the push rod, so i can only pull. would this work also?

THESE 2 DIAGRAMS ARE FROM CNCBRAKES.COM

battlescar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Cutting brake is a different brake for each wheel.

there is no "tee-ing" involved in hydraulic hand brakes, if you try to T it in its gonna suck and lock up and then probably break your master cylinder.

just get the Ksport or Drift Works handbrake, they come with lines, they're meant to be handbrakes and not staging brakes or cutting brakes so they work as hand brakes.

CNC is for sand rails and shit, they aren't meant for our application.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:55 AM   #3
battlescar

i know what cutting brake and staging brake is, and i dont see the difference between the staging brake and the ksport ebrake beside the looks, they both have a slave cylinder and a handle. and drag racers use staging brake also, not just sand rails. ok what about the other way? plug the top cylinder's out and take out the push rod?
Old 07-15-2008, 01:58 AM   #4
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescar View Post
i know what cutting brake and staging brake is, and i dont see the difference between the staging brake and the ksport ebrake beside the looks, they both have a slave cylinder and a handle. and drag racers use staging brake also, not just sand rails. ok what about the other way? plug the top cylinder's out and take out the push rod?
the staging brake will work just fine my friend that dude above doesnt know....

just tap into the rear brake line with the staging brake my friend has done it and works amazing!!!!
i need tires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:17 AM   #5
battlescar

oh yea i know they work but i cant find a staging brake, they are on back order and seem like no where has them in stock. i wanna know if i can get the cutting brake to do the same as the staging brake.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #6
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Think a little about how hydraulic pressure works. If you put a random T into the line, fluid will go from high pressure to low pressure. You need the fluid to expand the caliper piston and then allow the piston the freewheel when pressure is taken away.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:36 PM   #7
battlescar

ok thanks for the info, how bout plug the top cylinder and take the push rod out?