Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-12-2023, 12:36 AM   #1
jb9

Trader Rating: (0)
jb9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR20DET LHD TD06 Manifold Modification

Does anyone have any personal or second hand experience modifying an unequal length TD06 manifold to clear the steering column on a LHD S13?

I picked up a RHD engine setup with an oldschool TD06 midmount and would love to drop it into my LHD car but I can't find photos of how the wastegate mount/dump pipe is modified. Only that it can and has been done in the past.

Looking at SpeekTec who possibly still manufactures replica unequal length manifolds they've routed the dump pipe towards the AC compressor. This would work but ideally I would like to maintain AC if thats possible. I reached out to them about how they can route the dump pipe and if they still manufacture these manifolds a few weeks ago and never heard back.

I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction for this, I would love to run this setup.
jb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2023, 06:45 AM   #2
wezurii
Leaky Injector

wezurii is an unknown quantity at this point
Why not just run the dump pipe down or recirculate into the exhaust/ to the firewall area ?
wezurii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 08:45 PM   #3
jb9

jb9 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's what makes the most sense to me and how Trust made them originally but I've read that the wastegate system is ran right where the steering column is on LHD cars. (I can't figure out how to upload a photo of mine so this is one off yahoo)

I will see how it looks when I try to mock it up on my car but I was hoping that someone would have experince with modifying these other than the pictures of remanufactured ones I can find on google.
jb9 is offline   Reply With Quote