Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
kuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
SPL PARTS new website, feedback?

I have the new website up for about a week now, and today I just re-did the integration of the graphics from the main site to the store.

splparts.com

Looking for feedback as to what you guys/gals think of the new site? I have had a mixed response so far
kuah@splparts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
Ali 556
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Ali 556 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Old 05-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #3
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
looks awesome! raise both hands in the air if you have spl parts!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
nice and simple!

great job
Old 05-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
310R
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
310R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up

Great site will be calling soon to order a bunch of links for my s13 time attack and hill climb car.
310R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
the new site is awesome
Old 05-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I liked it before as I want to get to the products immediately...

You sorta have news on the right of the slideshow and product stuff at the bottom... This makes it look like less of a retail and more of a news site. I am not sure if you are going for that look, but I prefer to have the products on the left hand navi on the homepage, and under the slide show two columns.

1 Titled: Why SPL is better than the competition
1 Titled: Who's using SPL.... and that can span across the vertical left navi if possible....

Also, the navigation at the top doesn't standout, as its just words. I would make the top navigation links as buttons or at least outlined. Right now it blends in way too much as SPL Pro Suspension is white too....
Old 05-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #8
dookiedang
Zilvia FREAK!

dookiedang is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to dookiedang
its too white! it needs more contrast haha. idk, i like the design of frsport.com the most. it has good reference and pictures. plus the search is spot on. too bad their prices and shipping quotes the high as hell. i just go there to get details pics and then buy it from someplace else hahha.
dookiedang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

kuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
You sorta have news on the right of the slideshow and product stuff at the bottom... This makes it look like less of a retail and more of a news site. I am not sure if you are going for that look, but I prefer to have the products on the left hand navi on the homepage, and under the slide show two columns.

Also, the navigation at the top doesn't standout, as its just words. I would make the top navigation links as buttons or at least outlined. Right now it blends in way too much as SPL Pro Suspension is white too....
I am trying to focus more as a manufacturer than a retail store, so that is why the navigation is less oriented for shopping directly from the home page. But once you get into the store there is a secondary navigation column on the left...

Good suggestion on the top navigation links, I'll work on getting them to standout more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiedang View Post
its too white! it needs more contrast haha. idk, i like the design of frsport.com the most. it has good reference and pictures. plus the search is spot on. too bad their prices and shipping quotes the high as hell. i just go there to get details pics and then buy it from someplace else hahha.
We have alot more detail pics now, both in the store and in the product info section
Old 05-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #10
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
I really like it! Its kinda weird though, been browsing your site for over 5 years. But change is good! My only suggestion would be to get a better header/banner. Other than that, good job!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Hey Kuah,

Then I would put at the top above the picture across the top spanning both columns, cause this is your mission statement of your company... :

From full racing to high performance street applications, our suspension products provide adjustability and increased performance for custom alignment needs. The highest quality construction and innovative features are the reasons why our products are not only chosen by the top race teams, but also by consumers demanding the best alignment products for their high performance street cars.

Then maybe expanding the slideshow across the entire frame and news and other bullet points below.....

Right now it looks a little messy with the articles and stuff on the left....

Possiblely also maybe a movie instead of a slide show, since it will be more of a presentation. As a manufacturer you are presenting more than just the cars, as your parts aren't always visible, maybe cool presentation or side by side comparison movies which can be done pretty easily and nicely nowadays.... You can even use an embedded Youtube channel as they are pretty good in speed....
Old 05-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
just ordered my clutch pivot thing...lol...was quick and simple...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
camry
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
camry is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i like it, but i didn't mind the old site either. I do agree that there's too much white space though.
camry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
Mr.J

Trader Rating: (0)
Mr.J is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like it, nice and clean. When will the tech section be up?
Mr.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #15
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I was a fan of the old design, but this looks really classy. Looking forward to purchasing a few things from you soon.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #16
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
i like this design better because it's sort of more spread out. the old website i had to constantly keep scrolling down. this one, not so much. so +1 on that.

also, how do we get a hold of some promo codes?

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #17
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am happy that you got rid of the frames. Warming up to the rest of the layout too.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:58 AM   #18
dts13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
dts13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I like the new setup. Simple.
dts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #19
SWAT Team S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
SWAT Team S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Site looks good!! Never had a problem with the old site, but this one is a little bit easier to navigate.
SWAT Team S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #20
reflexdb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
reflexdb is making a name for him/her selfreflexdb is making a name for him/her selfreflexdb is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to reflexdb
No problems found here. I liked the simplicity of the old page...I think the new one keeps almost all of the simplicity with a fresh up-to-date feel.

Nice work.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #21
reccakun08
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
reccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexdb View Post
No problems found here. I liked the simplicity of the old page...I think the new one keeps almost all of the simplicity with a fresh up-to-date feel.

Nice work.
i agree. Not as plain as the old but simple. Now just waiting for a coupon code to go with the new site layout
reccakun08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #22
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Right now it looks a little messy with the articles and stuff on the left....
I'll see if I can get a graphic designer to re-do the home page, I did all the design on the site (except the banner) so I know its not that great

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry View Post
i like it, but i didn't mind the old site either. I do agree that there's too much white space though.
ditto on this, I'll have a graphic designer work on the white space issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
I like it, nice and clean. When will the tech section be up?
The tech section links are back up, sorry about that... the links are pretty sparse right now, I will have to work on finishing up the rest of the documents.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #23
s14sport
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
s14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I like the site. It will take people a while to get used to it.
Because the old site is still fresh on my mind.
I could navigate your old site in my head and get to the right parts easier because I know it so well.
This one takes me a minute, but, within a few months it will be second nature.

JG's RB Silvia 2009
s14sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #24
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
^ +1 on knowing the old site by hand. I could navigate it with a blindfold, and spinning me 5 times with a upside down mouse lol

It looks really good, and i like how its all grouped at the top of the site. In a day or two i hope to place my order for the tension rods. Will any celebratory coupon codes be offered?
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #25
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal- View Post
It looks really good, and i like how its all grouped at the top of the site. In a day or two i hope to place my order for the tension rods. Will any celebratory coupon codes be offered?
Unfortunately there are no coupon codes right now, but if you order the tension rods now you will receive the new (more expensive) v3 tension rods at the current v2 tension price
Old 05-22-2010, 04:05 AM   #26
yodc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
yodc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
When are all the tech links going to come back?
I'm helping a friend with his solid subframe bushing install, and we have two 1/2" gaps in front of the front bushings....

and we are looking for OFFICIAL information on what the heck we are doing with the spacers.
yodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:05 AM   #27
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodc View Post
When are all the tech links going to come back?
I'm helping a friend with his solid subframe bushing install, and we have two 1/2" gaps in front of the front bushings....

and we are looking for OFFICIAL information on what the heck we are doing with the spacers.
Please give me a call on Monday 5/24 and I can go over this with you. Or if you need to get it running this weekend, basically:

Place the spacers above the subframe if you want the subframe closer to stock position. Having both spacers above the subframe will put the subframe in the stock position.

Place the spacers below the subframe if you want the subframe raised closer to the chassis. Having both spacers below the subframe will put the subframe ~1/2" closer to the chassis. If you are having a gap, this is probably the reason, you need to have the spacers on even if you want to fully raise the subframe because there isn't enough threads on the subframe stud to allow the cup to go all the way up.

Intermediate setting would be 1 spacer above and 1 spacer below the subframe, which would correspond to raising the subframe ~1/4".
Old 05-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #28
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
looking good, just went on to look at some brake components and noticed the new look. I like it better than the old layout and easy to navigate.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote