Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #121
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Cashizslick can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Email Sent!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #122
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
its an admirable direction, but i think your plan is a bit ambitious. good luck. if you can make this happen, i'd be willing to spend a few hundred bucks on it.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #123
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
how about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon
Its an admirable direction. I think your plan is a bit ambitious, but can definitely happen. good luck. What can I do to help you make this happen? I'd be willing to spend a few hundred bucks and some time helping you with research on it.
There you go, now this'll happen in no time!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:05 PM   #124
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
LoL dougle. I'm writing a project proposal now for delivery on monday.
I am not sure if having a stock versus modified SR is going to matter, but it probably will.
Also those of you that kept your evaporative system intact are going to be better off.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #125
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would have to think the S14 SR has a simpler Emissions system. But it doesn't use the same emissions as the KA. Where as the S13 SR/KA seem to be more similar. Would this make a difference in the difficulty to certify?
Old 02-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #126
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Thats what I need to find out, my boss said it wouldnt be that hard, becuase the SR is cleaner tailpipe wise

Old 02-14-2007, 10:01 PM   #127
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
This is awesome. I just can't get over how awsome this is. +reppage going on.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:16 PM   #128
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'm willing to pay $1.5k for the requirements to drive my car on the street.

Not that I'd want to. But it'd make getting to/from the track easier without having to tow.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #129
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

ZAR! Thats the spirit, but what happens if u break something?
lol
um, hopefully its going to be less then that much.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #130
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

It shouldn't be that much. Really all it is is going to state ref or whatever to get your car legalized, right?
Old 02-15-2007, 12:38 AM   #131
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

I think you can ask anyone here, its not that easy

Old 02-15-2007, 12:47 AM   #132
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Hey guys thanks for the support I have 16 people that have emailed me so far including some of the leaders of zilvia, keep 'em rollin in, the more the merrier!

Old 02-15-2007, 01:02 AM   #133
1121S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcdougle
It shouldn't be that much. Really all it is is going to state ref or whatever to get your car legalized, right?
no .
Old 02-15-2007, 01:06 AM   #134
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcdougle
If it was this thread would be pointless and everyone would have legal SR's and RB's

Old 02-15-2007, 01:12 AM   #135
1121S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about1121S13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tknbkthrsdy4anfg
If it was this thread would be pointless and everyone would have legal SR's and RB's
exactly, no one would post about this issue.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #136
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

Well, I mean, after we can get it legalized, then we just have to go show them our cars, right?
Old 02-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #137
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
After it's legalized is the difference of having to swap the motor to ref vs taking off your bolt on parts to ref it.

You'll get puleld over, but you just show the cop your certificate of legalization and you're done. However he can still write you up for that huge ass turbo sticking out, but IMO, that's easier to take out than it is swapping in your stock KA
Old 02-15-2007, 12:45 PM   #138
Ameer
Zilvia Member

Ameer is making a name for him/her selfAmeer is making a name for him/her self
I Agree With Staticx27
Old 02-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #139
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Werd boltons are waaaay easier then a whole motor.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #140
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Ok guys I just thought of something, this certification wouldn't apply to just California, any state that has a visual inspection as a part of their smog test would need it right?
I dont know what states have visual inspections besides California, anyone know?

Old 02-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #141
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
probably, but your boss would probably know alot more,
zilvia does not represent every single state in the u.s of a

because as we all know, only cali matters, haha,
you're in cali, so work on california first
Old 02-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #142
Sidewayzzz
Zilvia Member

Sidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Sidewayzzz
I believe any places that requires emissions, requires a visual inspection of at least a functioning EGR / Gas Cap / Evap Canister / Cat.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #143
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
if this all goes through, you will be a legend to the 240 community
hope it all works out, for everyone's sake
Old 02-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #144
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

I hope it works out too, legend, lol I only have 75 posts!
But I think it would be amazing for the community

Old 02-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #145
Psycho 240 Freak
Zilvia Member

Psycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-known
If all this goes through. You'll definitely be in the history books. LOL, I can hear a documentary on 240's years from now. Narrated by Morgan Freeman, "It was Joseph Gordon aka tknbkthrsdy4anfg, who made it possible for the thousands of 240 enthusiasts!"
Old 02-15-2007, 10:34 PM   #146
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Im working on it, I think it would be good for all of us

Old 02-16-2007, 09:23 AM   #147
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would also want to look at exceptions for states that have OBDII emissions. My dad just goes to the inspection station and they plug into the OBDII connector. No codes and he is on his way. You may have a problem with 96+ 204sx.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #148
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Hmm... good point, I had no idea that there was even such a test, where is that?

Old 02-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #149
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Hey everyone, any one else have numbers from a smog test with their SR?
I would love to have more evidence to support my cause.
Also, I think this project is going to have to be in phases, SR first, RB second. I learned that the cert on the RB25 is no longer valid. Also its a huge undertaking to cover so many variations of motors at once. Sorry surfer and others.
EDIT: Also thank you to StaticX, Drift Freaq, Yuri, and everyone else that has helped!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #150
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'll try and scan/email you with a few smog sheets from various sr's that were smogged and passed.

Right now the what should be most important to you is a stock sr...