Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
frankies1390
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
frankies1390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
redtop with power fc d-jetro has horrible accelertion

need some help from the smart ones here...

redtop rebuilt
power fc d-jetro
gt2860
hks 550's
isis intercooler
greddy intake mani
megan exhaust mani, downpipe, exhaust, elbow
hks bov
tomei 256 cams

so far have checked or changed, tps, knock sensor, coolant temp sensor
if there was a bad sensor wouldnt the pfc pick it up? does it target the tps voltageand correct timing?

have had my car up to PSI 2 times now to have it tuned and each time i pick it up "its good to go" but it does not accelerate for s**t. If im standing at the car and its at operating temp with my afr's at around 14.x idling, and i stab the throttle i can literally get the car to die?? i can "pump up" the throttle sort of speak like and old chevy thats geting flooded. has anyone had this problem before or know who to turn to? any feedback is much appreciated

*again standing in the front or sitting in the car i can punch hit stab step or push the throttle the car wants to die and if i let it idle and quickly open the throttle i can actually get the car to die??? in gear or in neutral*
frankies1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
It needs tuning, or something (like your fuel pump) is failing, or there is an air leak,

take some pictures of it. And send me a picture of the fuel map / timing map.

Do you have a wideband. This is essential, no tuning can be done without it (unless you are experienced)
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
frankies1390
Zilvia Junkie

ed above have had it tuned 2 times and at a very reputable shop psi (PORTLAND SPEED INDUSTRIES) and my air fuel ratios are right at 14.xx at idle and float open to 11-10.5 at WOT and i know this cuz i have a wideband.. i am not experienced with the power fc tuning thats why im asking for help??

this was all put in the posting?
Old 11-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
lol, if you hit the gas pedal, and engine wants to die... it needs tuning. Or you have a mechanical issue, or an electronics issue. Also WOT A/F should be around 12:1 unless you are running 400+ horsepower 20PSI of boost or more. Since you have PFC I assume you have COMMANDER. So open the fuel table, the idle portion, take a picture of it. When you stab the gas pedal from idle, it will sit at the 10000 mark, 9500 on a maf car. Thats 10 boxes down from where it starts.

A good tuner is also a good diagnostician, which means whoever tuned the car would invariably hit the gas pedal and notice the engine want to die. So this makes me wonder who left it like that?
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #5
wussmonster
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
wussmonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did Jason tune your car? He did my redtop with D jetro as well. No issues.

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2
wussmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:37 PM   #6
frankies1390
Zilvia Junkie

he sure did.. and both times i brought it back was for the same sluggish to no acceleration or rev issue which now seems worse after the last time i picked it up? Hes awesome and a super cool guy to deal with. i was just ultimately wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem cuz i hate being the return customer who complains about their car. But it really doesnt run correctly. my stock sr in my other car would dust my cool guy fixed up sr

correct i would assume he would notice that but both times ive had the same exact problem when i get the car back. plus PSI is 2 hours from me so its not like i can just run it down there its usually a 6 hour round trip.