Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
hemmylane52

Trader Rating: (0)
hemmylane52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR20 High Idle After Rebuild?

Here is the run down. This is the first motor i have built. Slight bore, forged pistons, rods, turbo, Rs Enthalpy tune, etc. I'm not sure what is normal in terms of how a freshly built motor is supposed to act. But heres my actual problem Every time i start the motor up it holds an idle around 2k and pretty much stays there until the temp gauge goes halfway up then it acts differently. At that point it will hiccup every now and then. Even during this 2k idle it'll make little puts and pops out the exhaust. Also to get it started up i had to feather the throttle. Spark plugs have a little black on the ends but look normal. Compression test was good on each cylinder. Boost leak test confirmed no vac leaks up to the throttle body and when i opened the throttle it still held pressure. Tps is set exactly at .45 volts. I made half to full turn on the iac screw and it did not change the idle speed. Its got fresh gas too. Wideband Ratio reads 14.7 which i think is normal. I havent driven this thing on the road yet. only started it up and let it idle and rev it a little. This motor was stock and ran fine before i did the rebuild on it. Does anyone know whats going on here or what to check next?
hemmylane52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Idle speed is directly affected by airflow. You have a vacuum leak.