Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #11
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
Almost all your articles hinge on a president is bad due to expansion of slavery. It wasn't a bad idea back then. More social justice hootenanny that the north kept playing which lead to the death of many americans.
So slavery was good? Right... sounds like you grew up in the David Duke school of hating blacks. Cool story bro... I am sure that will work out great for you.

Quote:
Carter was a flippin idiot. Mortage rates peaked at 20%. Inflation was at 10+% for almost his whole presidency. Unemployment was at 11+%. (don't run for the job if you can't fix the problems, excuses are for the weak)

He could barely keep gas in the pumps. His idea to save us was for everyone to get a solar water heater and drive slower then we'd "conserve" and wouldn't need energy. Wear a sweater and lower your thermostat to keep energy use down.
You still need to make him worse than Nixon... I mean if slavery is not going to sway you I doubt you have the mental capacity to deal with how terrible Nixon was.

Quote:
I'm talking about the ones that don't pay or that do, pay little. Everyone's got to pay "sales tax" and "property tax" and all those excuses that the poor make to justify their expense on the nation as a whole. Those taxes do not fund the majority of the social services they utilize.
Well sure there is the poor... but you are forgetting the working poor, the elderly, families making less than 60k, families making 100k with kids or a farm etc, the military, oh yeah and the top 1%. All of these groups generally pay no federal income tax. The one thing you do forget to add in your argument is payroll taxes, but hey I guess those are not real.

The whole point of living in a civilized society is that you sort of have to accept some level of a social pact that requires those that make more help continue to improve the situations of those who make less. That is everything from roads, to schools, to basic social services like food stamps so that some people can barely get by without dying of starvation in the streets.

Quote:
You can link to effective tax rates till your blue in the face. If you make millions the only way for you to offset those taxes is with losses either domestic or foreign. But 10% rate of 1,000,000 is still $100,000. Which is more than most low income earners will ever contribute in their lifetime. So what if they have a bad year. They still paid more than 95% of the goons out there.
Oh wow, you figured out how to do percentages. I am not sure how saying rich people pay more makes your point at all. You are essentially making the case for progressive taxation. Because as you rightly state, 10% for a millionaire has no where near the same hit as 10% for someone making minimum wage would. I am not sure how taxing people who can barely afford to live into oblivion will help anything... The government could raise $700 billion by either taking half of everything earned by the bottom 50% or by raising the marginal tax rate on the top two percent. What makes more sense?

Quote:
If a poor person pays an effective tax rate of 50% on their yearly income of 20k. It's still only 10k which is chump change compared to the kind of checks the rich are writing. Poor want to compare tax rates because they would be outright stomped if they talked dollar for dollar and to write those checks. The fact is. They don't contribute and what they do couldn't run the gov't for two weeks. When bills have to get paid, and the nation as a whole passes the hat. That 47% talks a mean game but damned if they'll chip in anything more than pocket change.
wow... who fights your wars? who are your police? fireman? EMTs? who works for your multi-billion dollar companies? you know what happens when you stomp out the working class, you get no workers. Again... GREAAAAT Idea... lets go back to slavery!

Quote:
The rich had to make something, had to do something, had to build something. No one has ever got rich by striking and demanding more pay. That's for the lazy. The only reason so many are not there is because they don't want to. If you can't make it in america, you can't make it anywhere. The odd's to become a millionaire don't get any better anywhere else on the planet.
What are you talking about? So the only reason everyone is not a millionaire is because they are lazy? Hmmm...

Quote:
Romney paid 6.2 million in income taxes in the past two years.

You paid what? maybe .001th of that. For every 10 dollar's he gave, you chipped in maybe a penny. Your right. He's the asshole that doesn't contribute enough to america. he's the problem.
Last time I checked you are on zilvia too. I would have to assume that you are not rolling in the dough. So... welcome to the moocher class you lazy racist welfare queen!

I never said Romney did or did not contribute or anything like that. I merely pointed out that his dad was on welfare so he must have never wanted his dad's vote because he was a parasite sucking from the government teet.