Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:32 AM   #1
stomp

Trader Rating: (0)
stomp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 S13 Airride Suspension

Hello mates,

I have been looking for some Reviews about Airride Suspension on a 180/200/240sx S13 for a long time now.

I used the search function of this website, but I didnt find anything usefull/current.

Some years ago, there were a lot of negativ opinions about airrides in general.
"Just for Show'n'Shine. Shitty performance."

But I think, these systems are not the same like years ago, technology went further I guess. Since they are still not so good in performance like coilovers, they are not that shitty anymore, right?!

To cut a long story short:

Anybody got some experiences with airrides on a s13? Especially with the D2 Suspension?

Sorry for my low englisch skills, I try my best

kind regards
stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2015, 07:57 AM   #2
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
D2 suspensions are crap already. adding air cushion that will interfere with damping won't make them better.

Basically when setting up suspension arm lengths, you need to do it for a static ride height. Change height, and you need to do it again.
Adding a device that will change that ride height means you are asking for handling trouble. Our cars have not been designed for variable height, there is no way to compensate for this, so whatever happens with air ride design, adding it to a chassis not meant to have variable height will always lead to crappy handling.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #3
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stomp View Post
Hello mates,

I have been looking for some Reviews about Airride Suspension on a 180/200/240sx S13 for a long time now.
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nic...tallation.html

Plus, your English is better than many people on here.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #4
stomp

stomp is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for your answers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
Basically when setting up suspension arm lengths, you need to do it for a static ride height. Change height, and you need to do it again.
I hope I understood you right. I would like to safe 3 rideheights positions if this is possible.

1- low ride height: Same "lowness" I would drive with coilovers
2- high ride height: For Speedbumps and Garages etc.
3- super low: Just for looking good and hunting chicks infront of the ice cream shop

((I gonna build a Rocketbunny S13 this winter, would look super cool, if it's right on the Ground I guess ))

If I understood you right, the suspension would drive like crap in Position 2 and 3. But that wouldn't be a Problem, since it is adjusted for Position 1 which is the only ride height.

@5280VertDET:

Just 2 minutes after I send this post, I found that link you posted, too.

But thank you!

That k-sport Airride seems to be not that bad. Unfortunality the pictures at the botton do not work.
stomp is offline   Reply With Quote